This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Soarin' Over Japan in TDL's TL

I was wondering why they still have the most outdated Haunted Mansion to date. I had a feeling it was because the main attraction itself is not as popular as its holiday counterpart, which itself lasts a good quarter of the year. They were pretty quick to add in Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean, so it does strike me odd that they've been unresponsive to the brilliant changes done to the stateside Mansions.
    Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Since I've never seen it, other than on youtube- I wish they would ship off the glow in the dark Halloween parade from Hong Kong with the big Nightmare float somewhere so I can see it.
      I think the idea is there want you to visit Hong Kong to see the parade in person.

The Oriental Land company doesn't "always" make things better. The Haunted Mansion has had no upgrades and those now on view in both Orlando and Anaheim are slated to appear in TDL anytime soon.
      With Monsters Inc and Crush opening this year, plus Mickey's PhillharMagic, Castle walk though and Toy Story Mania all in development, exactly how much money do you think the OLC has to spend on attractions. Personally not having the updates in Tokyo is hardly a big deal, because the attraction is so well maintened it looks brand new anyway.

I had a feeling it was because the main attraction itself is not as popular as its holiday counterpart, which itself lasts a good quarter of the year. They were pretty quick to add in Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean, so it does strike me odd that they've been unresponsive to the brilliant changes done to the stateside Mansions.
      I actually think the main reason for the Haunted Mansion not recieving any upgrades is in fact down to its popularity. From what I have observed from the OLC is that most of the attractions that have recieved updates have been attractions that draw the least people. Pirates used to be a walk on but since the Capn Jack Sparrow overlay the attraction attracts a lot more Guest, and now even uses the side building as a queue. This is also the reson why the Tiki Room was recently updated again. If money is not spent on updating an attraction it usually means OLC are happy with its performance, and see no reason to waste money on an attraction that doesn't need it!
      Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Originally posted by Malin View Post
        I actually think the main reason for the Haunted Mansion not recieving any upgrades is in fact down to its popularity. From what I have observed from the OLC is that most of the attractions that have recieved updates have been attractions that draw the least people. Pirates used to be a walk on but since the Capn Jack Sparrow overlay the attraction attracts a lot more Guest, and now even uses the side building as a queue. This is also the reson why the Tiki Room was recently updated again. If money is not spent on updating an attraction it usually means OLC are happy with its performance, and see no reason to waste money on an attraction that doesn't need it!

Makes me wonder how they feel about Sindbad's Storybook Voyage, considering it still has yet to see the lines it deserves despite the hefty amount of time and money spent in its re-designing. Though whether it was for better or worse is up to debate. I really enjoyed the creepy atmosphere and danger of the old version, but I guess the new musical-style adventure has its fans too.

Comment

Is there video of the old Sinbad? I've only been on the musical-style version.

Comment

You know how Disney took the design from "Test Track" and plussed for "Radiator Springs Racers"? I want them to do that with "Soarin Over California" for the next generation/incarnation of this technology. Utilize this technology to tell a story. Something immersive and cohesive and Disney.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
              You know how Disney took the design from "Test Track" and plussed for "Radiator Springs Racers"? I want them to do that with "Soarin Over California" for the next generation/incarnation of this technology. Utilize this technology to tell a story. Something immersive and cohesive and Disney.
              I agree. Though Soarin' is a really neat experience, it really has no storyline at all. The transitions are jarring, and the way the vehicles are organized in front of the screen make it hard to get immersed. The motion is very realistic, but the execution is far from it.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                Hmmmmmmm, Bednobs and broomsticks anyone?

Timekeeper
                sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X