This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Should I visit next year?

So for the ones that have seen this years Halloween Event, would it be worth holding of my planned trip to Singapore next year to make a return trip for Halloween. TDL always pulls out all the stops and I know DisneySea's Halloween event is also getting some positive reviews this time around. I'm already traveling to Japan in March but staying in Osaka to explore the Kansai region. Would two trip to Japan in one year be to much?
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Re: Should I visit next year?

I have to be honest. I think you were just there in May, and while Halloween time at TDL is cool...I'm not sure it's worth another visit so soon--at least in my opinion. Sometimes, the longer you're away, the more special it is when you return. My first trip to TDL was during Halloween and it was fun: a special parade, Nightmare Before Xmas Haunted Mansion, decorations everywhere and very very crowded. There's so many places in this world to see, not to mention the different Parks, that you've got to spread it around. If you're feeling the Disney Halloween need what about Hong Kong--that's unique to all the Parks--or head to the US and do Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween. So that's just my humble opinion.

Comment

Not too much at all!

For the past eight years, I have been going to Japan at least twice a year. It is really great to see the parks and Japan during different seasons. And each trip I try to add a different region of Japan on my agenda besides TDR.

I say if you can, go for it!

p.s. My repeat trips to Japan have not kept me from visiting other countries and seeing the other Disney parks. I have done all eleven Disney parks at least once in the last three years.

Comment

Malin, you are going to get many varied answers on that question....all depending on how much the replier loves 1. Japan & 2. TDR.

i am a great fan of both, so when ever i can afford a trip to japan with a budget that allows a decent ryokan & good number of days to be there, i do it (usually about once a year) and having been to japan at a few different times of the year, i now always go at halloween (my 5th halloween visit will be in 2 weeks time).

but my japan trips never take away my chance at other trips....so if there is somewhere else you want a chance to visit, do it. TDR always does an amazing job on halloween (and brilliant job on christmas too!) and unless something horrid happens, they'll be doing it for years to come.

so if you make it to TDR for halloween in 2010, i'll wave hello, otherwise have a great time wherever you are!

Comment

Originally posted by Malin View Post
          So for the ones that have seen this years Halloween Event, would it be worth holding of my planned trip to Singapore next year to make a return trip for Halloween. TDL always pulls out all the stops and I know DisneySea's Halloween event is also getting some positive reviews this time around. I'm already traveling to Japan in March but staying in Osaka to explore the Kansai region. Would two trip to Japan in one year be to much?
          Malin, with due respect... this is the stupidest question you have ever posted on ANY of the sites you participate in, EVER!. You never get enough of TDR to go to Japan twice...especially if you are going to see TDR, since every season throughout the year brings something different and/or new to check out. So, disregard post #2 above.

Comment

Originally posted by GUYNYC View Post
            I have to be honest. I think you were just there in May, and while Halloween time at TDL is cool...I'm not sure it's worth another visit so soon--at least in my opinion. Sometimes, the longer you're away, the more special it is when you return. My first trip to TDL was during Halloween and it was fun: a special parade, Nightmare Before Xmas Haunted Mansion, decorations everywhere and very very crowded. There's so many places in this world to see, not to mention the different Parks, that you've got to spread it around. If you're feeling the Disney Halloween need what about Hong Kong--that's unique to all the Parks--or head to the US and do Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween. So that's just my humble opinion.
            Seriously? How in the world can you even compare the two? Mickey's Not-So Scary Halloween Party is just a cop out so WDW can make money instead of offering it for free like TDL who mind you does a better job every year and is different every year.

Comment

I have to be honest. I think you were just there in May, and while Halloween time at TDL is cool...I'm not sure it's worth another visit so soon--at least in my opinion. Sometimes, the longer you're away, the more special it is when you return.
              I see the point but I don't see a real issue with this as most of the Guest who visit the Resort are regular visitors. Some visiting multiple times a year, if I was to visit during Halloween next year it would be over a year since the last trip. Tokyo also has a lot of other places I enjoy seeing and many more I have yet to see. Hong Kong is a fantastic destination but the Disney park is not worth the trip out to see alone, and I have already decided to wait until the expansion is finished in 2013 before heading back there. After returning from WDW last November I've made the decision to stop visiting, as the rudeness in Cast Members and irritating Guest make the experience a turn off.

It sounds like two trips to Japan in the same year gets the thumbs up from a lot of people but I got to admit after viewing some of the great Halloween shots that have been posted lately, its very hard to argue with this either. I'll have to take this into serious consideration.

Comment

Hi Malin! If you are deciding based on this years Halloween the answer is YES!!! The event at DisneySea is fantastic and for once has made DisneySea the place to be instead of Disneyland. If next year is anything like this year you will definitely enjoy it.
                Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
                https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

Comment

of course go to TDR again if you can swing it. What I was trying to say was that if going to TDR again, was not going to allow you to visit another Park, then give it some thought...it's of course entirely your decision. I'm just one for variety. And maybe it's not such a long trip from where you are, but even if it is that doesn't matter. I hope no one took my post this way but there is nothing wrong with going to the same Park two years in a row or every week or day for that matter. If it makes the person happy and they have fun, then that's all that matters.

Also having been to all 11 Parks I will say that TDL and TDS are the best Parks, and certainly worth many visits. I will say that I happen to enjoy Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at MK. I do agree that it's a rip off, which is perhaps why I wouldn't go two years in a row. I think DL's Halloween event is weak-DCA isn't worth a pot to spit in right now, and Paris' was beautifully decorated with pumpkins and such but that was about it. I've never been to HKDL at Halloween time but am intrigued by what they do. And I've never seen Halloween at TDS but the pictures do look amazing.

Bottomline, go and have fun. I'm just jealous, that's all.

Comment

You can go, but only if you put me in your luggage.

Fingers crossed that I get to go back next year, if I can't get that luggage seat.

Comment

Hi Malin! If you are deciding based on this years Halloween the answer is YES!!! The event at DisneySea is fantastic and for once has made DisneySea the place to be instead of Disneyland. If next year is anything like this year you will definitely enjoy it.
                      Thanks ichigopara this is exactly the kind of encouragement I'm looking for here. Its looking more and more likely I'll be attending next years Halloween Event, after work agreed I could have the time off. Halloween is always a blast and I am a bit upset to be missing it for the second year in a row. At least we have the likes of you, TDLFAN and JoeInJpn capturing images and recording video, so we not missing out completely.

What I was trying to say was that if going to TDR again, was not going to allow you to visit another Park, then give it some thought...it's of course entirely your decision. I'm just one for variety.
                      I'm all for variety trust me. In the last couple of years alone, I've been able to visit Disneyland Paris( Twice) Hong Kong Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Tokyo Disney Resort and I have just got back from Disneyland Resort.

Comment

I've been able to visit Disneyland Paris( Twice) Hong Kong Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Tokyo Disney Resort and I have just got back from Disneyland Resort.
                        And just out of curiosity.. how would you rate them, from best to worst?

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieB View Post
                          You can go, but only if you put me in your luggage.

Fingers crossed that I get to go back next year, if I can't get that luggage seat.
                          Calling for Security!
                          sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                          Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                            And just out of curiosity.. how would you rate them, from best to worst?
                            I see where this is going... If we going by which Resort offers the best Disney experience than I would list it in this order with best being first and worst going in last place.

Tokyo Disney Resort
                            Disneyland Resort
                            Disneyland Paris
                            Hong Kong Disneyland
                            Walt Disney World

While I've listed WDW in last place, I do so for a number of reasons including its Cast Members, maintenance and stale entertainment. Hong Kong Disneyland would of rated higher above Disneyland Paris if it had not been for the park seriously lacking attractions. Disneyland Paris also deserves credit for making the most improvement over the last few years. The improvements include maintenance, upkeep, Cast Members and overall quality.

Tokyo Disney Resort and Disneyland Resort still offer by far the best Disney experience.

Comment

I see where this is going... If we going by which Resort offers the best Disney experience than I would list it in this order with best being first and worst going in last place.

Tokyo Disney Resort
                              Disneyland Resort
                              Disneyland Paris
                              Hong Kong Disneyland
                              Walt Disney World

While I've listed WDW in last place, I do so for a number of reasons including its Cast Members, maintenance and stale entertainment. Hong Kong Disneyland would of rated higher above Disneyland Paris if it had not been for the park seriously lacking attractions. Disneyland Paris also deserves credit for making the most improvement over the last few years. The improvements include maintenance, upkeep, Cast Members and overall quality.

Tokyo Disney Resort and Disneyland Resort still offer by far the best Disney experience.
                              You see? I TOTALLT AGREE with you on every account and your placement of parks from best to worst is exactly alike of what I believe to be as well. Then people hate me for my opinions on WDW in particular. I am glad to know I am not the only one who thinks WDW is stale to the core and poorly operated.

Comment

While Walt Disney World is certainly lacking in quality compared to the other Disney resorts, I'm not sure I would rate it last. On a park to park comparison, WDW does fall behind many Disney parks (though Epcot is still a great park in my opinion). And as stale as the Magic Kingdom is, it's still a better park than Hong Kong Disneyland currently.

As a whole, the sheer amount of attractions and environments in which there is to enjoy over the 4 parks and 2 water parks put it ahead of Hong Kong Disneyland for me at least. I visited the park last year, and to be honest my favorite part of the experience was the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel. The park, although new and polished, was far too small and coupled with the summer crowds and heat made for a very stressful and unmemorable experience. I have no doubts that it will eventually bloom to a wonderful park, but there's no way I could put the entire WDW Resort over what it currently has now.
                                Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

You see? I TOTALLT AGREE with you on every account and your placement of parks from best to worst is exactly alike of what I believe to be as well. Then people hate me for my opinions on WDW in particular. I am glad to know I am not the only one who thinks WDW is stale to the core and poorly operated.
                                  But how many of the people who argue are frequent visitors to the other Disney parks. Walt Disney World are in a very fortunate position where most Guest tend to overlook the quality and service because they know no better. The other Resorts do not have the size or the offerings, but make up for it by offering a overall far better experience for the Guest. Most criticism that is made online about WDW is picked up and accepted, but you will always have the few that visit the Resort every year and are too ignorant to look at the bigger picture.

While Walt Disney World is certainly lacking in quality compared to the other Disney resorts, I'm not sure I would rate it last. On a park to park comparison, WDW does fall behind many Disney parks (though Epcot is still a great park in my opinion). And as stale as the Magic Kingdom is, it's still a better park than Hong Kong Disneyland currently.
                                  But if you look pass the offerings what are you left with...

Hong Kong Disneyland may be a small park but it still offers a fantastic Guest experience. The seasonal events spring to mind, all offered for free. The Cast Members who act profesional and treat the Guest in a friendly and helpful way. Unique merchadise offerings that change with the season. Large selection of food choices including western, Chinese and Japanese all located though out the park. At WDW unless you want to go table service your choices are mainly processed burgers and fries. Try eating that for a week or two. The park is clean and well maintened putting your hard earned dollars spent at the park back into the park so that either you or Guest visiting in the future will be able to enjoy the park on future trips. This is just a small selection of the service offered that surpasses WDW lame atempts, and why I rate Hong Kong Disneyland in 4th place and WDW in 5th, despite the size difference and number of attractions.

Comment

go to singapore no questions asked

Comment

I tell you what Singapore does remain a strong possibilty. I am seeing a lot of cool stuff coming out from the new Universal Studios and it does look good, I can't deny that. Just read this blog on Far Far Away Land and Madagascar. Being in the most fun place in the world

Comment

But if you look pass the offerings what are you left with...

Hong Kong Disneyland may be a small park but it still offers a fantastic Guest experience. The seasonal events spring to mind, all offered for free. The Cast Members who act profesional and treat the Guest in a friendly and helpful way. Unique merchadise offerings that change with the season. Large selection of food choices including western, Chinese and Japanese all located though out the park. At WDW unless you want to go table service your choices are mainly processed burgers and fries. Try eating that for a week or two. The park is clean and well maintened putting your hard earned dollars spent at the park back into the park so that either you or Guest visiting in the future will be able to enjoy the park on future trips. This is just a small selection of the service offered that surpasses WDW lame atempts, and why I rate Hong Kong Disneyland in 4th place and WDW in 5th, despite the size difference and number of attractions.
                                        I agree, but attractions, entertainment, and atmosphere/theming are the major elements of my visit to any Disney park. Things like cast interaction, cleanliness, maintenance, etc.. certainly contribute to the overall experience, but they are secondary in nature. For me at least. This is why I can rank Disneyland Paris so highly despite the glaring problems it has with the above. And also why I can enjoy myself at Walt Disney World much more so than Hong Kong Disneyland; because the major elements that I seek in a Disney trip are all there in a huge dosage. The secondary elements of Hong Kong Disneyland are polished and wonderful, but they do not make up for what it lacks in the primary department (and that is where it matters the most).
                                        Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X