X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should I visit next year?

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I agree, but attractions, entertainment, and atmosphere/theming are the major elements of my visit to any Disney park. Things like cast interaction, cleanliness, maintenance, etc.. certainly contribute to the overall experience, but they are secondary in nature. For me at least. This is why I can rank Disneyland Paris so highly despite the glaring problems it has with the above. And also why I can enjoy myself at Walt Disney World much more so than Hong Kong Disneyland; because the major elements that I seek in a Disney trip are all there in a huge dosage. The secondary elements of Hong Kong Disneyland are polished and wonderful, but they do not make up for what it lacks in the primary department (and that is where it matters the most).
    You see when I look at Walt Disney World attractions I get rather angry thinking about it, because while the Resort shows moments when it cares like the excellent refurbishment of the Haunted Mansion or the fact it still has classics like Country Bears and Carousel of Progress still in operation, I also have to look at the shambles other attractions are left to rot in, like the expensive AA Yheti in Expedition Everest as one example. Than you have to look at seasonal overlays something else WDW doesn't bother to spend money on, even debt ridden Disneyland Paris is bringing back its overlay of Its a Small World this year. But not only will WDW not invest in any seasonal overlays but its also stopped as an example the Country Bears Christmas show for financial reasons despite charging more for park tickets. All the other parks including Hong Kong have at least one attraction overlay but not WDW, the flagship Resort.

Entertainment is also hit and miss, like the Magic Kingdom Parade which is rethemed every year for the latest promotion. Or Block Party Bash recyled from DCA. Seasonal Entertainment you need to pay $60 to enjoy and it just does not add up to vaule for money in my opinion.

I can't rate a park based on its attractions and entertainment if what is offered is below standards set by the other Disney Resorts.

I do think WDW has got something worth offering but its mainly found in two parks Epcot and Disney's Animal Kingdom, everything else I'd be happy to jump on a plane and catch somewhere else. When I was at Disneyland a few weeks a go even the Guest in poking fun at WDW for various reasons, and Management at WDW should be embarassed by this, but I doubt anyone out in Orlando actually cares. As long as WDW hits its targets set by Jay and his team.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

DLR has had it's misses, too. Nobody gets it right every time. I give DLR less flack though since a lot of it's problems stem around legacy stuff that was built a long time ago. Most WDW parks, TDL, and DLP are much younger.

I'd rank them something like this: DLR, WDW, TDL, DLP, HKDL. Keep in mind that I've never been to the last two but HK is just very small and DLP has a pretty MK and a rather plain resort at large.

WDW certainly isn't where it is because of the Magic Kingdom, though. It's all about Epcot and DAK and the beautiful resorts and all the options.

If your interest is the "kingdom" park, MK is blown out of the water by DL and TDL. DL would be perfect if only it had the Tokyo DL Hotel and a bigger castle (painting the current one Paris pink did not help it.)

Comment

DLR has had it's misses, too. Nobody gets it right every time. I give DLR less flack though since a lot of it's problems stem around legacy stuff that was built a long time ago. Most WDW parks, TDL, and DLP are much younger.
        Thats true but for the most part Disneyland does get it right, and thats why I have rated it so high. Walt Disney World on the other hand continues to go down the road of decline and no one in Management or Guest for that matter seem to notice or care.

I'd rank them something like this: DLR, WDW, TDL, DLP, HKDL. Keep in mind that I've never been to the last two but HK is just very small and DLP has a pretty MK and a rather plain resort at large.
        Exactly what do you mean by Disneyland Paris being a plain Resort at large? I'm interested because you've never been so I'd love to know what your impression of the place is, though describing DLP as a plain Resort with a pretty park is not how I personally picture the Resort.

If your interest is the "kingdom" park, MK is blown out of the water by DL and TDL. DL would be perfect if only it had the Tokyo DL Hotel and a bigger castle (painting the current one Paris pink did not help it.)
        Magic Kingdom is also blown out the water by Disneyland Paris, perhaps the best designed Magic Kingdom out of the lot. In my opinion the TDL Hotel would not fit the existing structure of the Resort and I think a smaller scale Hong Kong Disneyland hotel would be better suited.
        Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X