This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Cheap Camera TR...

As many of you know.. (or at least, the few of you who may know) my nice but old camera died a few weeks ago, and I am making ends meet with a cheap Olympus camera. What have I learned from this? Never ever to buy non-japanese brand photographic equipment. URGH! There is something so terribly wrong about bringing a cheap camera to TDR... it's just a deplorable situation. I feel like Malin. But any ways.. here are a few bad photos from my last quick evening visit to TDR.... but I warn you.. poor quality and blurry conditions ahead. Do not adjust your bifocals.

This tee caught my attention.. simply because at TDR and WDW (and I assume DLR too?) they have the Mickey version which reads.. "I don't bite". It is one of those very rare exceptions when similar merchandise from the USA has been on sale at TDR (or maybe it is vice-versa?). The other exception are pins.. some pins from the USA are now on sale at TDR as well.. That is what happens when you turn the US parks into Pin Trading bonanzas and over-produce the merchandise.

Of course.. this tee would be a hoot at WDW if it read.. "I do Bite... tourists from the UK and Brazil!"

Over at the blurry courtyard of the Ambassador Hotel...

Halloween is being celebrated at the Ambassador with lovely food menus and other halloween related amenities.. such as this masterfully presented treat. Tell me, besides ginger bread houses at Xmas times, do they do this type of food art at WDW on a regular basis? If I am not mistaken, the stitch/bat sillouette is edible chocolate.

Wash it down with what appears to be a Blue Hawaii cocktail.. Note the souvenir glass in this picture.

Restaurant Row at the Ambassador Hotel is decorated with halloween banners that I would love to have for my Disney Room Collection.

No budgets here.. I wonder if they ever decorate like this at the Contemporary Resort...

Yes, folks, those are edible cookies and pastries at the Tic Toc Cafe.

Over at Ikspiari's Disney Store, this lovely Cinderella statue has magically appeared, with the purpose of announcing some wedding services and merchandise I think.

The lovely Tokyo Disneyland Hotel, as seen from Bon Vogage.

TDLFAN's dinner at TDL's Plaza Restaurant (Think Noodle Station for those of you WDW regulars, only that ours is totally enclosed in air conditioned comfort, unlike the MK's). Nothing screams heaven as much as a curry and pork rice meal, with side salad and melon soda. Yum yum!

Reason why I hate cheap cameras.. You can't get a decent night time photo.

Inside TDL's most wonderful eatery, The Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall.

IASW is currently down for it's annual Xmas re-branding.

Yeah yeah.. the teacups. big deal.

Lovely window at the Pleasure Island Candy shop next to Pinocchio's Daring Journey. It has lighting effects that are more expensive than the MK's new Spectromen wigs.

There is always a crowd outside Pooh's Hunny Hunt. With reason.

Toontown's main gate decorated for Halloween.

I don't care what people say.. this Tomorrowland remains the most sleek looking of them all.

Finally, my visit comes to an end with the very minimal Halloween fireworks show.. which incidentally features a very nice soundtrack (shame OLC for not including it on this year's TDL halloween cd.) This show also has some nifty pyro shells that explode into cressent moon shapes, skelleton head shapes, and if I am not mistaken.. even Jack Skellington's face. Will have to pay closer attention next time I see it.

And so our blurry tour of some spots at TDR come to an end. Hope you enjoyed it, especially if you are a WDW fanatic.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 09-28-2009, 02:59 AM.

Re: Cheap Camera TR...

Great! Thx, the Stitch pastry looks yummy.

Comment

Agreed!! I almost bought that and the Stitch tee for our dear Rixter.

Comment

I wonder why only the Ambassador Hotel celebrates Halloween? Do they give a reason?
        Meow

Comment

So the point of the TR was just to diss WDW as always. At least you're consistent, and heaven forbid guests that can't go to Tokyo actually enjoy themselves at WDW.

Comment

No, I think the point was to dis the camera. Probably the same one I have. The same one I can only afford.

Thanks for the great update, their Halloween also looks SO fantastic!
            I want my cake back!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
              I wonder why only the Ambassador Hotel celebrates Halloween? Do they give a reason?
              Unlike WDW (so I can remain consistent ), the reason is to exceed your expectations. You see, all aspects of the resort join in the celebration. There are special menus and activities at the other two hotels as well, not just the Ambassador. Ikspiari is also celebrating Halloween... The idea is to immerse guests *totally*. It's too bad that other Disney resorts..(like WDW, ooops! there I go again!) do not take advantage of that to the fullest.

Comment

Its depressing that even with a okay camera, like yours TDLFan, you can point shoot, and get a beautiful shot because that is just Tokyo DisneySea! I love the decorations in the Ambassador Hotel. Thanks for catching some photos of that.

Comment

Hmm.. thanks, but there are NO photos from TDS up there.

Comment

Your photos look like mine from TDR. I had a small point and shoot, which was good, except at night. After our trip to TDR last year, I got hooked on getting a better camera and photography. Its not a cheap hobby. lol

I love how TDR makes their food festive for the holidays. Wish my home park of DLR would do that more. They have some, but not as much as TDR.

In case anyone was wondering the I don't bite t-shirt comes in a Mickey at DLR.
                    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                    :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                      Hmm.. thanks, but there are NO photos from TDS up there.
                      I think I was being stupid and thought the pictures from the Crush Merch. thread were here. Sorry about that.

Comment

I like that it's just called TOON TOWN! None of this Mickey's Toon Town nonsense. Thanks for the pics!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Even when it's blurred...

Still beautiful in every corner.

...*sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Janell View Post
                            In case anyone was wondering the I don't bite t-shirt comes in a Mickey at DLR.
                            Yes, the Mickey "I don't bite" design is being sold at WDW and DLR, but Tokyo's version of it's a bit different, and the merchandise is more unique to japanese needs. Only TDR has the Stitch "I do Bite" design. I did not see it at EPCOT this afternoon..

Comment

The elaborate Halloween food specials are traditionally found in "Restaurant Row" at the Ambassador Hotel. Each restaurant has a special Halloween "set" (meal) and when you order it you have the option of purchasing a unique collectible only available at that restaurant when you order that meal. To get a complete set, you have to eat at all the restaurants in Restaurant Row during the Halloween period. And the food ain't cheap!
                              Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                                Yes, the Mickey "I don't bite" design is being sold at WDW and DLR, but Tokyo's version of it's a bit different, and the merchandise is more unique to japanese needs. Only TDR has the Stitch "I do Bite" design. I did not see it at EPCOT this afternoon..
                                Makes senses that they sell items that appeal to their guest. I wish WDW and DLR would stop having the same stuff. It so fun to see what other parks have and for me it makes me want to go even more. The parks are a blast but its the memories you bring home in photos and merchandise that make the magic last long after you are home. And lets face it, vacations go by way to quickly. Its like you wake up on your first day and someone is pressing the fast forward button, because the next thing you know its time to go home.
                                Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                                Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                                :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

TDLFAN, despite your "bad/old" camera, the trip report was great (& photos were great!).

thank you for the photos of restaurant row. in all my trips to TDR, i am ashamed to say, i have never made it in to have a look, but in 2 weeks i will definately visit!

Comment

What have I learned from this? Never ever to buy non-japanese brand photographic equipment. URGH! There is something so terribly wrong about bringing a cheap camera to TDR... it's just a deplorable situation. I feel like Malin. But any ways.. here are a few bad photos from my last quick evening visit to TDR.... but I warn you.. poor quality and blurry conditions ahead.
                                    You can't beat the fun Camera's TDLFAN

Talking of my photography, pictures from my recent trip to Disney's California Adventure and trip report can be viewed here http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...rt-2009-a.html

Back to the original topic thank you for sharing the pictures. No one cares about the quality of your pictures, its the time and effort put into sharing them on here that we apreciate.
                                    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Great report and pictures, but I don't understand why you gotta trash other parks.

one hundred and one

Comment

I enjoyed your photos despite their blurriness. Thanks TDLFAN!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X