Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lottery for BBB and OMD

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • News Lottery for BBB and OMD

    On DeepDisney it's being discussed that starting from Christmas Big Band Beat and One Man's Dream will be lottery all year. Did anyone do the OMD lottery at TDL when it was in testing? What was that like? I seem to remember it always being over very early in the morning so I never got the chance to try it so I hope it is more spread out through the day this time.
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

  • #2
    Re: Lottery for BBB and OMD

    Lovely!
    As for OMD, I did not do the lotto but once ran to that line to get a prefered seating ticket. It was OK, but definitely a pain to have to do. But I got a nice seat in the center section.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Lottery for BBB and OMD

      We had a lotto for the show back when we first opened. Can't really remember how long it lasted though. I wish they'd just do lotto for preferred seats, and then let people wait if they so choose. What will the crazy fans do now?! Hehe. . .

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Lottery for BBB and OMD

        When OMDII began, it wasn't really a lottery. It was just a ticket distribution for the center seating section. Any guest can race over to Showbase, stand in line, and receive a seat ticket for each valid passport they had. Tickets were distributed directly (not by random lottery) until they ran out for all shows, which usually meant within the first couple hours after Park opening.
        JoeInJpn
        Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
        For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
        Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Lottery for BBB and OMD

          Is this confirm to happen or just the folks at DeepDisney speculating, because it was my understanding the reason the park tried out the lottery system last year on One Man's Dream II was to improve Guest flow out of concern for gridlock along Tomorrowland's path ways once Monsters Inc opened. I don't see the point to having a lottery system for BBB anyway as the show doesn't always reach full capacity. I guess OLC may be trying to stop the hardcore fans from lining up hours before show time to grab the good seats, but why not just offer some sort of seat asignment, like JoeInJpn mention was originally done for the show.

          I think personally once you've paid your price for admission, the park has no right to stop you from attending any of the regular daytime shows unless down to seasonal closures or full capacity issues. I don't think its right to buy a ticket and than be told that you have no garantee of seeing OMD or BBB unless you win a lottery. Saying this however I do agree when the seasonal entertainment is offered via a lottery system because it would be absolute crazy having about 10,000 Guest trying to see the same show all at once!
          Last edited by Malin; 10-01-2009, 11:19 AM.
          Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Lottery for BBB and OMD

            The DeepDisney folks need to get a LIFE!! They basically live in that park. They should be banned for good.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Lottery for BBB and OMD

              I didnt realize Big Band beat in TDS had a lottery system, maybe because it was off peak when i went in february, I just walked in and got a great seat... And oh yea Great show mickey playing drums how awesome is that

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Lottery for BBB and OMD

                Originally posted by lighttragic View Post
                I didnt realize Big Band beat in TDS had a lottery system, maybe because it was off peak when i went in february, I just walked in and got a great seat... And oh yea Great show mickey playing drums how awesome is that
                It hasn't been a lottery system, that is why this is news.

                I really hope they don't do this. I always make it a point to see BBB during the holidays, but this would create the possibility I could get shut out.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Lottery for BBB and OMD

                  I feel like an idiot for asking but how exactly does the lottery system work?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Lottery for BBB and OMD

                    Just for the record, Big Band Beat has NEVER been a lotto system show. You do the line like everyone else and get in when you reach the door. No Fastpass here either. Thank GOD!
                    Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                    I feel like an idiot for asking but how exactly does the lottery system work?
                    Simple. You take your park passport ticket to the lotto distribution center. The machine is a touch sensitive TV.. Pressing on the TV screen, you choose which performance (time of the day) you want to see the show, how many people in your party, then you scan each person's ticket in the scanner below the TV, and confirm the info you have entered, then the TV says "good luck" and you pressed the "hot button". If you win seats in the lotto audience area, the machine will automatically congratulate you print reserved seating tickets with numbered seats for the performance.. and you leave the distribution area happy as a clam. If you loose, the machine makes a sad noise and reads "sorry, you did not win!" on the screen. You leave very disappointed feeling like the looser you are. That's pretty much how it works.
                    Please note, you can only attempt to win the lotto ONCE per day. If you loose in the morning, don't bother returning later to try again, as your passport won't be accepted by the system. The "One chance only" policy allows for ALL guests in the park to have an equal chance at winning or loosing...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Lottery for BBB and OMD

                      The lottery will start from 11/10. This is a link to the official website BBB Lottery
                      Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
                      https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Lottery for BBB and OMD

                        Thanks Ichigopara. I had heard about this coming a couple months now. At first, they just wanted to try it out for Christmas. But it seems like it's here to stay. Sigh.

                        Oh speaking of the seat lottery, I'm 5 for 5 so far for "Mysterious Masquerade." Yesterday (Saturday, Oct 3rd), I got Section C, Row 9, Seat 10. That's right, front center section, last row, center seat. Oh yes, I won the lottery an hour before the show started.

                        JoeInJpn
                        Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
                        For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
                        Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Lottery for BBB and OMD

                          Originally posted by ichigopara View Post
                          The lottery will start from 11/10. This is a link to the official website BBB Lottery
                          Here is the English translation Tokyo Disney Resort: For Guests viewing "Big Band Beat"

                          Reading the terms and conditions it doesn't appear to be as bad as I first thought.

                          Reserved seat tickets will be distributed by lottery starting at Park opening and ending 30 minutes before each show start time.
                          I'm reading this to believe everyone will still get to see this show but seating will be selected by the lottery, most probarely favouring Guest with day passes over Annual Passholders.

                          Due to unforeseen circumstances, there may be days when the lottery is not held; in that case, please go directly to the show venue.
                          So this system will only be used when the park is busy, and on quieter days its business as normal.

                          I do feel this restricts the Guest time in the park however, as it points out you can only try the lottery once each day. So if you pick to go to the 11.00 AM showing of BBB, and your plans change you either loose out or have to see the show at the original time you picked.

                          Oh speaking of the seat lottery, I'm 5 for 5 so far for "Mysterious Masquerade." Yesterday (Saturday, Oct 3rd), I got Section C, Row 9, Seat 10. That's right, front center section, last row, center seat. Oh yes, I won the lottery an hour before the show started.
                          Doesn't suprise me this, I tried on several ocasions to win seating for the lottery a couple of years a go, and lost everytime. The one time we met up and tried the lottery together, we won, good seats too, may I add for the Halloween show that night. You clearly have someone on your side at the OLC
                          Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Lottery for BBB and OMD

                            Originally posted by Malin View Post
                            I'm reading this to believe everyone will still get to see this show but seating will be selected by the lottery, most probarely favouring Guest with day passes over Annual Passholders.
                            Being that BBB is in the indoor Broadway Music Theater, there are no standing areas and everyone must have a seat. Unless they split the theater into lottery and non-lotery sections, it seems to me that you WILL have to win a lottery seat to see the show.

                            Originally posted by Malin View Post
                            So this system will only be used when the park is busy, and on quieter days its business as normal.
                            I'm not too sure this will be the case. OLC/TDR like consistency and order. I don't think it's going to be a "let's see how busy it is" based decison. To me, the words "unforseen circumstances" doesn't apply to park attendance. They usually have a good idea what the attendance will be. JMO.

                            Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                            Just for the record, Big Band Beat has NEVER been a lotto system show.
                            Thanks for putting this "on record" even though I stated the same thing before you.:rules: Guess it doesn't carry any credibility unless it receives the TDLFAN confirmatiion .:judge:

                            :lmao:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Lottery for BBB and OMD

                              Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post

                              Simple. You take your park passport ticket to the lotto distribution center. The machine is a touch sensitive TV.. Pressing on the TV screen, you choose which performance (time of the day) you want to see the show, how many people in your party, then you scan each person's ticket in the scanner below the TV, and confirm the info you have entered, then the TV says "good luck" and you pressed the "hot button". If you win seats in the lotto audience area, the machine will automatically congratulate you print reserved seating tickets with numbered seats for the performance.. and you leave the distribution area happy as a clam. If you loose, the machine makes a sad noise and reads "sorry, you did not win!" on the screen. You leave very disappointed feeling like the looser you are. That's pretty much how it works.
                              Please note, you can only attempt to win the lotto ONCE per day. If you loose in the morning, don't bother returning later to try again, as your passport won't be accepted by the system. The "One chance only" policy allows for ALL guests in the park to have an equal chance at winning or loosing...
                              Wow. That sounds harsh...

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Lottery for BBB and OMD

                                The preference for BBB would be for No lottery or No fastpass, but it actually makes more sense for it to be fastpass to at least give the oppurtunity for standbyers to sit at the show.. I remember losing the lottery for every show at Tokyo Disneyland, Lucky the standing area wasnt so bad for the 25th show at the castle stage... but It would really be bad in a place like BBB, where seating is limited indoors

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Lottery for BBB and OMD

                                  Being that BBB is in the indoor Broadway Music Theater, there are no standing areas and everyone must have a seat. Unless they split the theater into lottery and non-lotery sections, it seems to me that you WILL have to win a lottery seat to see the show.
                                  I'm reading into it to believe you'll get a seat to the show no matter what, unless it fills up to capacity. What you won't decide on however is where your seat is located. I think the lottery will alocate your seat for you, and I think this is being done as a measure to stop the same people/fanatics from lining up hours before show time to grab the best seats. I think it will be a differnt system than the one being used at the Halloween events, where your often denied a seat.
                                  Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Lottery for BBB and OMD

                                    Speaking of Broadway Music Theatre, anyone know the seating capacity? It's posted next on the wall in the back of the seating area next to mixing room. For a slight hint, look up while you're inside the lobby.
                                    JoeInJpn
                                    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
                                    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
                                    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Lottery for BBB and OMD

                                      Originally posted by JoeInJpn View Post
                                      Thanks Ichigopara. I had heard about this coming a couple months now. At first, they just wanted to try it out for Christmas. But it seems like it's here to stay. Sigh.

                                      Oh speaking of the seat lottery, I'm 5 for 5 so far for "Mysterious Masquerade." Yesterday (Saturday, Oct 3rd), I got Section C, Row 9, Seat 10. That's right, front center section, last row, center seat. Oh yes, I won the lottery an hour before the show started.



                                      Too bad I didn't know you were in the park that day- I was there, but lost out on the lottery- so we watched it from the back. But many, many thanks to both Ichigopara and DuffyDad, who were nice enough to have gotten us tickets to see the show this past Monday evening 9/28. It was the only time we got to see it at a great spot. Most of the other performances were rained out during the week. I did win the lottery again on 9/30, but that was rained out too.

                                      So once again- ARRIGATO GOZIAMAS (I hope I got that one right) to Ichigopara and DuffyDad for being so thoughtful!!

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Lottery for BBB and OMD

                                        Good thing I couldn't possibly care less about live shows at theme parks!

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X