• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News An Official Christmas 2009 Thread

Here's what we know:

(Resortathome.com)\

White Holiday Parade
    Parade Route / Twice a day

It's a fairyland parade with snow. The parade starts with a float carrying snow from the Snow Land. The parade has seven floats: a Snow Mouse, Donald & Daisy float, a Pooh & friends float, a Toy Story float carrying toys, a Mickey & Minnie float where they are skating, an Alice float where she is enjoy a tea party, a Christmas tree float, and a sled float with Santa Claus.

Parade stops for the show mode.

Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights Christmas Version
    Parade Route / Once a day

Super-Duper Jumpin' Time Christmas Version
    Plaza Pavilion Bandstand /25 mins / 3 times a day

Christmas Wish in the Sky
    Parkwide / 5 mins

Tokyo DisneySea Harborside Christmas Nov 10-Dec 25, 2009

Candlelight Reflections (Final)
    Mediterranean Harbor / 15 mins / once a day

Meet & Smile - Christmas Tag
    Lido Isle or Piazza Topolino / 15 mins / Once a day

Jolly Holiday Drive
    American Waterfront / Once or twice a day

Mickey and Minnie will come with a Big City Vehicle for greetings.

Big Band Beat - Christmas Special-
    Broadway Music Theatre / 30 mins / 5 times a day

Over the Waves Christmas Tag
    Dockside Stage / 30 mins / 5 times a day

Parkwide / 5 mins

Christmas Character Greetings

Santa Claus & Disney Bear, Duffy (Outside Cape Cod Cook-off)
    Mrs. Santa & Marie (Waterfront Park)
    Ariel with Christmas Costume (Ariel's Greeting Grotto)

Re: An Official Christmas 2009 Thread

Okay, I have not seen it in person, however from the videos I have seen, Candle Light Reflections looks....boring. Just some barges circling a giant Christmas tree. Not that is bad, it is good for what it is just not very fast moving.

Comment

It says Final for Candlelight Reflections, so is the show coming to an end. I seem to recall rumours were circulating around this last year too. Probarely time the show ended although I love the soundtrack.

The one piece of news of interest for me is the return of the Christmas parade. TDL use to present new Christmas parades every year until a few years back when it started doing overlays to the existing daytime parade. And last year we missed out on a parade altogether, and had a Castle Show instead, which was another soundtrack I love.

Anyway its shaping up to be a good line up this year and with news that attendance has dipped 5% this year compared to last year in the first 6 months, OLC is going to have to put on a good show to draw people back.
      Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
        Okay, I have not seen it in person, however from the videos I have seen, Candle Light Reflections looks....boring. Just some barges circling a giant Christmas tree. Not that is bad, it is good for what it is just not very fast moving.
        Not much to the show, but it is SOO beautiful in person!

Too bad I visited TDR for Christmas the year they didn't have a parade!

Comment

Originally posted by Mythica720 View Post
          Here's what we know:

(Resortathome.com)\

White Holiday Parade
          Parade Route / Twice a day

It's a fairyland parade with snow. The parade starts with a float carrying snow from the Snow Land. The parade has seven floats: a Snow Mouse, Donald & Daisy float, a Pooh & friends float, a Toy Story float carrying toys, a Mickey & Minnie float where they are skating, an Alice float where she is enjoy a tea party, a Christmas tree float, and a sled float with Santa Claus.

Parade stops for the show mode.

Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights Christmas Version
          Parade Route / Once a day

Super-Duper Jumpin' Time Christmas Version
          Plaza Pavilion Bandstand /25 mins / 3 times a day

Parkwide / 5 mins

Tokyo DisneySea Harborside Christmas Nov 10-Dec 25, 2009

Candlelight Reflections (Final)
          Mediterranean Harbor / 15 mins / once a day

Meet & Smile - Christmas Tag
          Lido Isle or Piazza Topolino / 15 mins / Once a day

Jolly Holiday Drive
          American Waterfront / Once or twice a day

Mickey and Minnie will come with a Big City Vehicle for greetings.

Big Band Beat - Christmas Special-
          Broadway Music Theatre / 30 mins / 5 times a day

Over the Waves Christmas Tag
          Dockside Stage / 30 mins / 5 times a day

Parkwide / 5 mins

Christmas Character Greetings

Santa Claus & Disney Bear, Duffy (Outside Cape Cod Cook-off)
          Mrs. Santa & Marie (Waterfront Park)
          Ariel with Christmas Costume (Ariel's Greeting Grotto)
          Thanks for the Info! How did you get to resortathome.com? I can't find it anywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
            As boring as it is, the thing that wins me over every time is the soundtrack.

You start out with a Bolero arrangement of Deck the Halls, which is just brillent! Then you go into the one Christmas song that NEEDS to be released in the state. Seriously, "Welcome to Christmas" needs to be released here in English, and yes, there is an offical English version!!
            WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeekSlider View Post
              As boring as it is, the thing that wins me over every time is the soundtrack.

You start out with a Bolero arrangement of Deck the Halls, which is just brillent! Then you go into the one Christmas song that NEEDS to be released in the state. Seriously, "Welcome to Christmas" needs to be released here in English, and yes, there is an offical English version!!
              Here's hoping they do a FULL release of the soundtrack as a special Christmas gift to TDR fans since this is its last year, and that the English version is included as a bonus track!^^

That White Holiday Parade sounds GORGEOUS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DuffyDad View Post
                Here's hoping they do a FULL release of the soundtrack as a special Christmas gift to TDR fans since this is its last year, and that the English version is included as a bonus track!^^
                That would be a Christmas dream come true for me.

Comment

Hmm...interesting information, thanks!

From what I can gather from the details, it actually looks like they took the theme from last year's Castle show and turned it into a parade. "Snow Land", "Snow Mouse"...sounds awfully familiar! Not that I mind, but I think it's interesting that it's morphed into a parade, and that there is no Castle show for this year. I have to say though, that last year's show was one of my absolute favorites TDL has ever done. Many may not agree, but I just loved the energy and the music. We'll see what the music for the parade version sounds like!
                  Last edited by gurgi; 10-12-2009, 09:50 AM.
                  Meow

Comment

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
                    Hmm...interesting information, thanks!

From what I can gather from the details, it actually looks like they took the them from last year's Castle show and turned it into a parade. "Snow Land", "Snow Mouse"...sounds awfully familiar! Not that I mind, but I think it's interesting that it's morphed into a parade, and that there is no Castle show for this year. I have to say though, that last year's show was one of my absolute favorites TDL has ever done. Many may not agree, but I just loved the energy and the music. We'll see what the music for the parade version sounds like!

I agree fully. Mickey's Jolly Snowtime had some of the best original music created for the park ever.

Comment

Mythica720,

How did you get the Christmas Information? From resortathome.com? I have not been able to find that site in like 2 weeks!

Can/Could you provide

Comment

ResortAtHome is at a new site because the owner couldn't keep his original domain for various reasons. The new one is here:

Resortathome.com
                        Meow

Comment

I hope there is at least one show in one of the parks- I'm sure there is more to come- If not I'll be very disappointed with the OLC.

I just booked another trip to return for the Christmas stuff, so I hope this is just a rough estimate of what's to come.

I wonder if they are assuming from the track listings on the cd's this year?

Comment

^ Well they are presenting a new Christmas parade. They will probably do a smaller greeting type show on the castle stage. I don't think anyone should be upset with OLC. They look to be putting on a great event this year.

And this information was obtained from an official press release, not the cd listings.

Comment

I hope they do a great job as well, but still it is disappointing if there is no castle show- especially after they blew most of us away last year with the show last year. I was very happy for the return of the castle show after two years of the brief Twinkle Holiday moment show. A parade is expected, the only reason they didn't have it last year was due to the 25th parade.

The Christmas tag to Super Duper Jumping time, Big Band Beat, Meet and Smile and Over the Waves has been done as well the past few years.

Like I said, I hope there's more to come since not having some sort of bigger show in either Disneyland or Disney Sea since they normally do have one in at least one of the parks.

The only reason I can think of in not having one is either due to budget, or the fact that they are going to be using the lottery for Big Band Beat and One Man's Dream- and if that is the reason there is no larger castle show, or a show in the American waterfront area would be disappointing.

Comment

Hey guys! The Disney Resort Times is out and Tommorowland will be Christmas themed as well with Space Mountain lit up in Christmas colors which looks cool! Mickey and Minnie's costumes for Disneyland are very cute!! I will put up the pictures in just a few moments.
                                Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
                                https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

Comment

Ok here are some photo's! We picked it up in a Maihama Resort Cab but you can also find it at the Disney Store!

Couples after six present!

Logo for Power of Music which starts January 20th
                                  Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
                                  https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

Comment

Thanks for the photos Ichigopara, I'm starting to wonder if there possibly may be a Christmas tag to One Man's dream as well. I'm only saying this due to the new lottery system, rather than the info from the resortathome press release info. I'm still hoping for some sort of show.

Comment

Yay! Return of Christmas Big Band Beat!!

Comment

Thanks for posting those pictures! I like Mickey & Minnie's costumes this year. Space Mountain looks interesting in Christmas colors too.
                                        Meow

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X