Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantasmic!; coming to DisneySea in 2012!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fantasmic!; coming to DisneySea in 2012!

the people having to turn around is an issue but they could always do the giant chernabog coming out of mt prometheus like they wanted to have originally for wdw's(but on a grander scale of course) and they almost did for disneyland on the matterhorn once..

all we can really know is that since it's tokyo it won't be there permanently but will have as much work put into it as if it was going to play twice as long as florida's has

Comment

Given the popularity of the Fantasmic shows and especially in the character driven entertainment of the Tokyo Disney parks, I can't imagine it will have a shorter life than its sister shows. Fantasmic has proven itself to be a timeless and magical show that pleases everyone. Given that Disneyland's is still running very strong even after almost 18 years, I see DisneySea's lasting quite a while since Fantasmic itself is a show that doesn't lend itself to feel outdated or in need of replacement. I see it lasting as long as its local fans can support it- no less than 10 years at the very least. That is, assuming it will be presented in such a way that is comparable to the other versions.
      Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
        There is no space for that in the park fortunately.
        http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3527/...046c408d49.jpg
        Red = possible areas LIKELY
        Blue = possible area UNLIKELY

Like the above poster said... Fantasmic isn't a 1-2 year show. It is timeless and needs a proper setting to remain in the park.

Comment

From what I've been reading, Fantasmic was always planned to be staged in the lagoon. It's the reason why the tech pit was dug out when the park was under construction. The space for BraviSEAmo's fire bird was originally intended to be for Fantasmic's dragon. And I believe OLC has stated in the past that the lagoon was going to be the key place for any lagoon shows, plus it also has to be viewable to guests staying in the pricey Hotel MiraCosta.

Comment

I wonder if this will be the best version of the show since they can go Full HD, have a better Dragon, and Add new show elements.
            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Sounds cool. OLC is going to put forth a lot of effort, I know it. Though I will still probably prefer Disneyland's Fantasmic always, I am excited to see how TDS's will play out.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisal73 View Post
                http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3527/...046c408d49.jpg
                Red = possible areas LIKELY
                Blue = possible area UNLIKELY

Like the above poster said... Fantasmic isn't a 1-2 year show. It is timeless and needs a proper setting to remain in the park.
                Umm...no. Fantasmic isn't a one year show, but it also isn't an 17 year show. In some places (won't say where, Disneyland) the show has run it course and needs to leave. Tokyo Disney's Night Shows don't last much longer then a decade at the most.

Comment

I'm guessing that they'll create a main stage barge in the center of the lagoon, with the show taking place in a theatre-in-the-round-like setting. I can imagine it being flat, but then telescoping up to make Mickey's platform for the finale. Maybe a ring of fountains around it and around the whole lagoon to have the wall of water effect from WDW? I guess they'll have to cut Pink Elephants and Pinnochio if they decide to do the DL version, and (thankfully for TDS) they won't have ANY means to do Pocahantas, as that scene requires an island. Maybe they'll continue the tradition of doing a different "stunt show scene" for every incarnation? I still can't wait for Mt. Prometheus to spurt fire at either the Chernabog sequence or at the Dragon sequence...!
                  Do do do do do do dodododododo!

-My Electrical Parade Impersonation

Comment

I thought already did this(but in a parade format at TDL) I beleve that parade was called FantaIllusion?(...Paging TDLFAN for corrections...)

Timekeeper.
                    sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Yes, but it was definitely no Fantasmic. Same storyline but much less emotional and visually stunning.

Comment

I love Fantasmic and always make a point of watching it from beginning to end when at the Disneyland Resort.

However, the reason Fantasmic is great at Disneyland, and sucks in Orlando at WDW, is because Disneyland's version takes advantage of the natural setting for the show, as well as the use of the Columbia for the Peter Pan segment, and nothing beats the magical feeling when the Mark Twain suddenly appears at the end with all the characters on it.

The poster above who mentions that the original Fantasmic in Disneyland has an intimacy and charm that Orlando's version utterly lacks is also right on the money.

It's hard to imagine how that enormous harbor in front of Mount Prometheus is going to provide a good setting for Fantasmic. I don't think much of BraviSEAmo--who wants to see a lover's spat between fire and water ending with a cosmic schtup--but at least it's something on the kind of grand scale that is needed to fill the harbor.

I guess we'll all find out! And it's going to serve exactly the same purpose that World of Color will at California Adventure, which is to keep people in the park after dark so Disneyland (and Tokyo Disneyland) don't get so hugely overcrowded.
                        Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

but you know? I bet that it'll take on a whole new feeling "in the round" and preformed with bigger fountains and with Mt. Prometheus. Plus, I can't wait to see the "sparkle effect" (when Mickey defeats the villains) spread all over the lagoon and on the facades around the area; It'll be amazingly magical. Plus, when has Tokyo ever disappointed with a show. I mean, like Stitch's Supersonic Celebration-sized disappointment.

Comment

They definitely have to double or even triple the scale of the fountains and the surrounding effects if they want to avoid having the show dwarfed by the size of the harbor. It will be interesting to see if they choose to present it so that all angles around the lagoon provide a memorable show.

Comment

I'm glad OLC opted out of WOC. I am curious what sort of stage OLC will dream of in the main lagoon. This will be really interesting to see how it develops, considering the fact it's going to take place in a huge lagoon vs. tiny rivers.

Comment

Yes, OLC has indeed disappointed with shows, like the dopey Porto Paradiso Water Carnival which they got rid of as quickly as they could, and with BraviSEAmo, which is dumb and meaningless Euro-trash twaddle. Legend of Mythica is the first good show which they managed to mount in the harbor at DisneySea, and they're obviously finding it a very difficult place to make shows work. Whatever version of Fantasmic we see there, it won't (and can't) bear much resemblence to the show in Disneyland.
                                Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

They know what they're doing. I imagine this version of Fantasmic will use the same premise of Mickey's dream sequences, but who says they can't theme it to the sea? Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo, 20,000 Leagues, Aladdin....Characters and themes that are already in the park. They could even light up the respective areas ala Illuminations during the show. There are so many other possibilites they could do in the lagoon that uses the same storyline of Fantasmic but make it completely unique to the park.

They did it with Tower. Same ride, with a completely different story and effects.

Comment

^ I have a feeling they'll keep the 4 major villains (Evil Queen, Ursula, Jafar, Malificent) and maybe change one of the characters in the princess barge sequence (Belle & Beast for Aladdin & Jasmine, anyone?). Other than that and a new "stunt show" sequence in place of Peter Pan or Pocahantas (I'm betting 20k), I can't imagine them changing anything fundamental in the show.

Comment

^
                                      As long as they don't overplay the villains and don't include boring and time-consuming scenes like the bubble montage and Pocohantas re-enactment.

Disneyland's works very well because every villain gets a fair amount of show time whereas you see each villain for a few seconds at the Studios' version. I would imagine they would keep the selection of villains similar to Disneyland's, with the Evil Queen starting the scene and Malificent ending it. And of course, Chernabog is a must.

Comment

^They wouldn't do the bubbles; Pinnochio is already a featured character in Mediterranean Harbor and it's a great tie-in to the jungle scene (Lost River Delta, anyone?). The only trouble is that they'll have to think of a way to put the puppets in a theatre-in-the-round like setting in the Key platform (used in Mythica) while still keeping them believable from ALL SIDES (instead of the 2-D puppets of DL). And no worry for Pocahantas, it'll likely be 20k. 20k was even suggested as the action scene for FL's show before it was shot down by suits.

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
                                          They definitely have to double or even triple the scale of the fountains and the surrounding effects if they want to avoid having the show dwarfed by the size of the harbor. It will be interesting to see if they choose to present it so that all angles around the lagoon provide a memorable show.
                                          My concern is if the scale is that big... will you be able to see the characters well enough?
                                          Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
                                          Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                                          Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X