Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantasmic!; coming to DisneySea in 2012!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fantasmic!; coming to DisneySea in 2012!

Originally posted by Fukai View Post
    I love Fantasmic and always make a point of watching it from beginning to end when at the Disneyland Resort.

However, the reason Fantasmic is great at Disneyland, and sucks in Orlando at WDW, is because Disneyland's version takes advantage of the natural setting for the show, as well as the use of the Columbia for the Peter Pan segment, and nothing beats the magical feeling when the Mark Twain suddenly appears at the end with all the characters on it.

The poster above who mentions that the original Fantasmic in Disneyland has an intimacy and charm that Orlando's version utterly lacks is also right on the money.

It's hard to imagine how that enormous harbor in front of Mount Prometheus is going to provide a good setting for Fantasmic. I don't think much of BraviSEAmo--who wants to see a lover's spat between fire and water ending with a cosmic schtup--but at least it's something on the kind of grand scale that is needed to fill the harbor.

I guess we'll all find out! And it's going to serve exactly the same purpose that World of Color will at California Adventure, which is to keep people in the park after dark so Disneyland (and Tokyo Disneyland) don't get so hugely overcrowded.
    What's interesting is this isn't the first time i've heard that about Braviseamo. It seems that, although the show is visually and technologically impressive, it was never really that popular with guests...? any idea why that is?
    Last edited by nonob88; 10-15-2009, 07:42 PM.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

It is not popular because it does not seem very "Disney" to the guests. They would much rather see familiar characters than an artistic and rather abstract performance.
      Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

I would think that a TDS version of Fantasmic would use elements from the Disneyland/WDW show as well as technology and effects from World of Color. I can't see them doing the fountain grid, but I could see that the film elements and the fountains work together in harmony more and that there could be specially created animation as well. Also they can use digital technology to change the show if it is planned correctly.

I suspect that there would be a good chance that elements from the Princess and the Frog and Rapunzel would be part of the show as well. The villain from the Princess and the Frog all ready seems pretty awesome.

Cool villain:
        [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuecKw-ckOE]YouTube - The Princess and the Frog:Conjuring the Villain[/ame]

Comment

It seems that TDL resort has had 2 Fantasmic-like shows already.. Fantillusion and It's Magical were pretty similar.. except all maleficent wanted in It's Magical was to steal the colors...

Comment

Originally posted by Fukai View Post
            Yes, OLC has indeed disappointed with shows, like the dopey Porto Paradiso Water Carnival which they got rid of as quickly as they could, and with BraviSEAmo, which is dumb and meaningless Euro-trash twaddle. Legend of Mythica is the first good show which they managed to mount in the harbor at DisneySea, and they're obviously finding it a very difficult place to make shows work. Whatever version of Fantasmic we see there, it won't (and can't) bear much resemblence to the show in Disneyland.
            Hm...I guess I'm weird, but I love BraviSEAmo! I love how the temperature actually changes with the effects. I love the smell of it. I love the look of it. And I love a story about elementals who don't need to speak. Plus, of course, the music! I was kinda apprehensive about Fantasmic, though I've of course never actually seen it live. But then I found this video - color me converted! If it releases early in 2012, I may just stick around for it!

Fantasmic - the animation!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q_AeeU7i3E"][/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Timekeeper View Post
              I thought already did this(but in a parade format at TDL) I beleve that parade was called FantaIllusion?(...Paging TDLFAN for corrections...)

Timekeeper.
              Fantasmic! and Fantillusion! were similar in content but certainly not in execution. However, watching either one of these shows, I never got the impression that they would be similar/related to one another.
              BTW.. a butchered version of Fantillusion currently plays at DLP.

Comment

How badly butchered is it?

That's a bummer. Fantillusion was a great one.

Comment

I saw DLP Fantilussion and I really enjoyed it, but then I saw the original TDL one and I was slightly schocked they took out so much of the opening part (Mickey's magical flower garden-thing) I belive they didn't change much of the rest (though I think there was something diffrent in the Villian part, but I can't remember)
                  So I think it is stil a good parade (my fav after MSEP) but yeah it was bigger and better in Tokyo

~Dex
                  "Fish are friends! NOT food!"
                  ~Finding Nemo

Comment

Originally posted by Himorogi View Post
                    (I hope it's closer to the Anaheim version, or else something completely different from either!)
                    Agreed.

That is pretty cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Himorogi View Post
                      How badly butchered is it?

That's a bummer. Fantillusion was a great one.
                      Last I heard, they chose around 15 out of Tokyo's original 43 floats to be in the parade. And they sometimes cut some, like with MSEP, but not as often. It's still horrible, though.

Comment

Originally posted by mastromjm View Post
                        Last I heard, they chose around 15 out of Tokyo's original 43 floats to be in the parade. And they sometimes cut some, like with MSEP, but not as often. It's still horrible, though.
                        Its only 12 now I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by DuffyDad View Post
                          Hm...I guess I'm weird, but I love BraviSEAmo! I love how the temperature actually changes with the effects. I love the smell of it. I love the look of it. And I love a story about elementals who don't need to speak.
                          I don't get what all the BraviSEAmo! hating is about.
                          I think it's great that it's classic story telling, an attraction without a character or movie franchise tie-in. It's a great work of art that is universal in it's subject material and that there is no dialogue save the token Mickey introduction.
                          I find it a much more mature, engaging and moving work than the relatively pop and plastic feel of the Legend of Mythica.

Sure, the lack of characters in BraviSEAmo! may not go down so well with all punters but ultimately I think this show with universal themes and interpretations plays to a more mature crowd, as does the park as a whole. Those who perceive Disney parks as only being for kids and overly commercial can (and have) immensley enjoyed their time in DisneySea because it delivers a fantastically themed and immersive environment and attractions without the Disney cheese, and BraviSEAmo! is a part of that. All the adults who I've visited with have much more prefered to skip Mythica for a nice lunch at Magellan's or some more rides on Indy, Journey to the Center of the Earth or Tower of Terror but still take the time to see BraviSEAmo!.

In this way, Fantasmic! may cheapen the maturity and sophistication of the park, making it more of a stereotypically consumerist kid-oriented experience. In addition, Fantasmic! would have to match the spectacular nature of BraviSEAmo!, which wows in the spirit of fire coming out of nowhere, the inclusion of Mount Prometheus, tons of fire effects and then the finale.
                          Upcoming Trips:
                          Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

Comment

Originally posted by V1213 View Post
                            I don't get what all the BraviSEAmo! hating is about.
                            I think it's great that it's classic story telling, an attraction without a character or movie franchise tie-in. It's a great work of art that is universal in it's subject material and that there is no dialogue save the token Mickey introduction.
                            I find it a much more mature, engaging and moving work than the relatively pop and plastic feel of the Legend of Mythica.

Sure, the lack of characters in BraviSEAmo! may not go down so well with all punters but ultimately I think this show with universal themes and interpretations plays to a more mature crowd, as does the park as a whole. Those who perceive Disney parks as only being for kids and overly commercial can (and have) immensley enjoyed their time in DisneySea because it delivers a fantastically themed and immersive environment and attractions without the Disney cheese, and BraviSEAmo! is a part of that. All the adults who I've visited with have much more prefered to skip Mythica for a nice lunch at Magellan's or some more rides on Indy, Journey to the Center of the Earth or Tower of Terror but still take the time to see BraviSEAmo!.

In this way, Fantasmic! may cheapen the maturity and sophistication of the park, making it more of a stereotypically consumerist kid-oriented experience. In addition, Fantasmic! would have to match the spectacular nature of BraviSEAmo!, which wows in the spirit of fire coming out of nowhere, the inclusion of Mount Prometheus, tons of fire effects and then the finale.
                            I totally, completely agree with everything you said. Now I know just why I love BraviSEAmo like I do.... it doesn't have that theme park cheese. It stands on its own. Its fantastic, epic, and beautiful original score doesn't hurt it either.

Comment

Does anyone know if they will have to drain the water like at DCA, and if so when that would be? Thanks.
                              Down with the Hat

Comment

Originally posted by tasman View Post
                                Does anyone know if they will have to drain the water like at DCA, and if so when that would be? Thanks.
                                More than likely yes and only a guess but probably start of 2011 since its going to debut in 2012 you figure they need 18 months to complete.. On the flip side its going to suck when its drained since they have the daytime show mythica and little shows throughout the day on the water

Comment

Originally posted by lighttragic View Post
                                  More than likely yes and only a guess but probably start of 2011 since its going to debut in 2012 you figure they need 18 months to complete.. On the flip side its going to suck when its drained since they have the daytime show mythica and little shows throughout the day on the water
                                  Actually, I don't think they will. They might create temporary dams like they did for BraviSEAmo to install the dragon and other minor equipment, but I do feel it is safe to say that most, if not all of Fantasmic!'s equipment will be from barges.

Comment

Originally posted by V1213 View Post
                                    Hi, V1213. I agree with what you've said about BraveSEAmo!, though I also love the pop plastic rhythms of Mythica. I hope that Fantasmic! at TDS has a mystique and mystery along with its character-romping fun. I cannot imagine a night show on the Harbor that doesn't include Prometheus and fire effects, so I suspect the final result may surprise us.

Comment

Hope Tokyo's OLC F! kicks both DHS' (lol, duh) and DL's arses and sends a message to DL execs that our F!'s need to be improved- mainly DHS'

one hundred and one

Comment

Right now, I am more concerned with what OLC and Disney will do to replace the popular Candlelight Reflections at TDS for Xmas 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
                                          Hope Tokyo's OLC F! kicks both DHS' (lol, duh) and DL's arses and sends a message to DL execs that our F!'s need to be improved- mainly DHS'
                                          I thought DL's version did just get some significant plussing. DHS I can understand...but what bothers you about DL's version?
                                          Down with the Hat

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X