Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantasmic!; coming to DisneySea in 2012!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fantasmic!; coming to DisneySea in 2012!

Yeah, Disneyland's just got major upgrades. The projections are now HD, so they look brighter and clearer. The Dragon got a HUGE facelift and is now fully AA (granted, there were tech issues for a while). There are new Flotsam and Jestom waterskis, and a new Tic-Toc Crocodile barge. The DHS version has not seen an upgrade yet.
    Meow

Comment

sounded like jibberish... what do 'DL Execs' care about DHS anyways. And DL's fantasmic has gotten major upgrades in both of the last seasons... first the lighting and sound upgrades.. and this year the projection, dragon, and other show pieces. DL's fantasmic has gotten tons of updates in the last years.. and is scheduled to get TLC as the RoA get drained this coming winter.

DHS's biggest problem is the incredibly lame Pocohontas segment that desperately needs to be put out of it's misery.
      Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
      Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
      Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
        DHS's biggest problem is the incredibly lame Pocohontas segment that desperately needs to be put out of it's misery.
        And the poor excuse for the Mark Twain/Steamboat Willie's ship. At least they could have made it look less like cardboard. Oh, and the lame way they "kill" the dragon with fountain plumes...Not to bash WDW any more than already happens here, but I was severely disappointed with the DHS show compared to the DL original.
        Meow

Comment

^^ In fairness, if they had kept the Peter Pan sequence instead of substituting Pocahontas at DHS, many folks here would be complaining about "cloning" and how the company doesn't try to make things different for each park. I think Pocahontas and some of the other elements at DHS were honest attempts to add variation, even if they didn't turn out quite as well compared to the original.

With regard to the Steamboat Willie boat, I would love to see something more elaborate, but building a Mark Twain replica for a night show might have been a bridge too far as far as the budget crunchers were concerned. That being said, it wouldn't be that hard to trim the boat with some nice decorations, just to add a little more detail.

Will be interesting to see what TDS will have as an equivalent craft...or perhaps it won't feature in this version?
          Down with the Hat

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
            Right now, I am more concerned with what OLC and Disney will do to replace the popular Candlelight Reflections at TDS for Xmas 2010.
            It is going to be a stage show in American Waterfront.

Originally posted by tasman View Post
            I thought DL's version did just get some significant plussing. DHS I can understand...but what bothers you about DL's version?
            DL's "significant plussing" was a new dragon, crocodile, and eels. Nothing much.

The show is old and needs a major overhaul or it needs to leave.

Comment

I thought DL's version did just get some significant plussing. DHS I can understand...but what bothers you about DL's version?

It did. By 2012 the dragon would be 3 years old though. My main concern is updating DHS to 21st century quality

one hundred and one

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post

DL's "significant plussing" was a new dragon, crocodile, and eels. Nothing much.

What would a major overhaul consist of? And why does it need to leave?
                Down with the Hat

Comment

What would a major overhaul consist of? And why does it need to leave?
                  A major overhaul would consists of new show units. C'mon the show has barely changed over the past 17 years. Why not add a new segment instead of Ursula like Scar with a version of "Be Prepared"? Why don't they axe the Pinocchio section for something new. There is just so much they can do. Think about it:
                  • Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade (10 Years)
                  • Fantillusion TDL (6 years)
                  • Dreamlights (9 years and counting)
                  • Fantasmic DL (17and counting with nearly no changes at all)

The show needs to get an overhaul or leave because it is old. The effects are warn and the show is clearly temporary. Why? Because the show was made to be temporary!

Comment

You mean like the ones they have done before at Waterfront Park for the holidays? Well, that is not exactly what I was hoping for. Still I do not know where you claim that to be the case, but I would like to bank on OLC coming up with something bigger for the lagoon next year for the holidays..

Comment

You mean like the ones they have done before at Waterfront Park for the holidays? Well, that is not exactly what I was hoping for. Still I do not know where you claim that to be the case, but I would like to bank on OLC coming up with something bigger for the lagoon next year for the holidays..
                      From Resortathome:

Christmas Program Beginning of Nov - 12/25, 2010

Stage Show at Waterfront Park

Comment

Well, I will be!! I sit corrected. Then again.. that is resort at home, and not the official site. But a stage show is welcomed. I always enjoyed the xmas shows they did in the past at Waterfront park. Mind you, I would be terribly disappointed if they didn't do something special at the lagoon for the holidays.

Comment

I would call millions of dollars spent on a life size dragon that breathes fire significant plussing. I would guess is that They will be making a few changes every few years as long as people still flock to the show.

The Disneyland show works because it utilizes the resources in cleaver ways. There is a pirate ship in the show since they all ready had one for instance. The DL pirate ship is great since it is close enough to see all the action. At DHS and TDS the scene might not work as well due to the space for the show. The bay at TDS seems pretty large so I suspect it will need all their effects larger then life.

I susspect that when the Rivers of America are drained this spring they will work on upgrading some of the fountains with newer models that will be used in World of Color. The LED lighting is amazing from test posted on-line so I would hope that is part of any possible changes. Of course who knows how the arrival of WofC will affect night time shows at theme parks all over the world. I would guess that WofC will be a game changer.

Comment

The show needs to get an overhaul or leave because it is old. The effects are warn and the show is clearly temporary. Why? Because the show was made to be temporary!
                            I don't know where you get that, but the show was never meant to be temporary. It was always planned as a permanent extravaganza. If it truly were temporary, they wouldn't have gone to the trouble to tier the viewing area, change the POTC entrance, hide the infrastructure during the day (very expensive to do). The show basically appears out of nowhere, which adds to it's magic. So, no, it was never, ever temporary...
                            Meow

Comment

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
                              I don't know where you get that, but the show was never meant to be temporary. It was always planned as a permanent extravaganza. If it truly were temporary, they wouldn't have gone to the trouble to tier the viewing area, change the POTC entrance, hide the infrastructure during the day (very expensive to do). The show basically appears out of nowhere, which adds to it's magic. So, no, it was never, ever temporary...
                              Nope. It was designed to last 5 years but "due to popular demand" was kept. They have actually tried to get rid of the show a number of occasions and bring back an updated Electrical Parade as it's replacements until DCA came along.

The POTC entrance was designed for the flow of Splash Mountain crowds

The show infrastructure was designed for other shows that would come after Fantasmic! I don't understand why they can't turn that area into the parks Castle Stage with seasonal shows.

Comment

Well, I will be!! I sit corrected. Then again.. that is resort at home, and not the official site. But a stage show is welcomed. I always enjoyed the xmas shows they did in the past at Waterfront park. Mind you, I would be terribly disappointed if they didn't do something special at the lagoon for the holidays.
                                I will be really disapointed as well if they do not do anything to the lagoon. However, I won't be nearly as sad if they did a huge lagoon show during Halloween.

Comment

Aren't you guys sad they didn't choose WoC?

Seems way more amazing and more cost efficient in the long run.

one hundred and one

Comment

Personally, I am not sure these are comfirmed news that Fantasmic will be coming to TDS. Rumors have been flying about WoC coming as well.. I am not going to say which one I would prefer until after I see WoC myself and see if the hype lives up to the final result.
                                    Can someone show me an official press release from OLC announcing Fantasmic at TDS?

Comment

Also, here's an idea...

Instead of a giant Maleficent, they should use a giant Ursula (like in the movie) to stick with the sea theme.

one hundred and one

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
                                        Also, here's an idea...

Instead of a giant Maleficent, they should use a giant Ursula (like in the movie) to stick with the sea theme.
                                        You're taking the sea theme to literally.

Comment

Personally, I am not sure these are comfirmed news that Fantasmic will be coming to TDS. Rumors have been flying about WoC coming as well.. I am not going to say which one I would prefer until after I see WoC myself and see if the hype lives up to the final result.
                                          Can someone show me an official press release from OLC announcing Fantasmic at TDS?
                                          So BlueSkyDisney and Laughing Place both said that WoC was going to TDS months and months ago. But more recently both websites again stated that after much consideration, the OLC opted to go with Fantasmic because it didn't require as much construction on the harbor.

So there is no offical announcement just two reliable sources.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X