Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantasmic!; coming to DisneySea in 2012!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fantasmic!; coming to DisneySea in 2012!

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
    You're taking the sea theme to literally.

Since Sleeping Beauty has no presense in TDR... why not?

The Sea theme is TDS.

I have suggested to replace the dragon at DHS with Ursula too in previous threads about the subject. Ursula makes perfect sense and may be a bit more well known than Maleficent.

one hundred and one

Comment

So there is no offical announcement just two reliable sources.
      I would not call those fansites "reliable sources". Heck, even Eisner promised the Disney Decade in 1990 and produced very little from it.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
        I would not call those fansites "reliable sources". Heck, even Eisner promised the Disney Decade in 1990 and produced very little from it.

So, are you saying even if they did announce it that it wouldn't happen? *cough WS*

lol :P

one hundred and one

Comment

I am saying I will believe it when the official announcement is made from OLC. There are many people in other fansites that are paid by Disney to say what the company wants them to say on fan forums... and sometimes the information may prove correct, and often times it does not.

Comment

I like tokyo press sheet;s they are usually informative and give out alot of info , cost, capacity etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
              Since Sleeping Beauty has no presense in TDR... why not?

The Sea theme is TDS.

I have suggested to replace the dragon at DHS with Ursula too in previous threads about the subject. Ursula makes perfect sense and may be a bit more well known than Maleficent.
              I have heard that Malificent is the most popular villain in the US, but it might be different in other places in the world. Ursula is surely in the top levels villans so she would make a good choice. I think Hades or Jafar would be good too.

Comment

Originally posted by AtomicBear View Post
                I have heard that Malificent is the most popular villain in the US, but it might be different in other places in the world. Ursula is surely in the top levels villans so she would make a good choice. I think Hades or Jafar would be good too.

Disney Villains or villains in general?

Surely I wouldn't expect most people to know that the dragon is named Maleficent... lol

IMO, the most popular villain in the US is hands down Darth Vader. Disney villains? I'd say Scar.

one hundred and one

Comment

Disney Villains or villains in general?

Surely I wouldn't expect most people to know that the dragon is named Maleficent... lol

IMO, the most popular villain in the US is hands down Darth Vader. Disney villains? I'd say Scar.
                  I was just thinking of Disney villains and I can't find the poll I was looking for so I am just guessing.

Comment

I'm glad World of Color is (for now) a DCA exclusive. DCA needs an exclusive on the scale of World of Color. Personally, I think they should keep BraviSEAmo, but maybe expand on it.... adding new sections, combine it with Kingdom Hearts.... who knows. Or an entirely new lagoon show.

Fantasmic could be really cool, but I hope it would be a significantly different version.

No matter what they do, NOTHING is worth draining the lagoon, which for DisneySea is literally the basis of the park. I honestly don't think OLC would ever do such a thing, not only because those $450+ a night harbor rooms' view would be destroyed in the MiraCosta, but construction secrets closely guarded and frankly the entire ambiance of the park would be affected. It's a much much bigger deal to drain the lagoon in DisneySea because it's the main focus of the entire park. That said, beyond tiny 'pockets' under a tarp or two in the lagoon, I think it may NEVER happen.

Comment

You know, I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to do Fantasmic entirely with barges. Except the dragon, which they could just wall off the BraviSeamo dragon and turn it into something else. But, the mist screens and everything else could be done with barges. I mean the water spirit barge has large, fanning mist "body parts", so what if instead of having to drain the whole lagoon, they just have floating mist screens, character barges, and even a floating stage for Mickey? It would probably cost a lot less than installing infrastructure in the lagoon. They could even have the barges "lock down" like they do for Mythica.
                      Meow

Comment

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
                        You know, I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to do Fantasmic entirely with barges. Except the dragon, which they could just wall off the BraviSeamo dragon and turn it into something else. But, the mist screens and everything else could be done with barges. I mean the water spirit barge has large, fanning mist "body parts", so what if instead of having to drain the whole lagoon, they just have floating mist screens, character barges, and even a floating stage for Mickey? It would probably cost a lot less than installing infrastructure in the lagoon. They could even have the barges "lock down" like they do for Mythica.
                        This is exactly how I'd imagine they'd do it.... after all you already have the dragon's infrastructure in place. I'm certain they could do justice to Fantasmic, but if they must get ride of BraviSEAmo, I'd much rather an all-new original show.

Comment

Since Sleeping Beauty has no presense in TDR....
                          You are not correct. Aurora and Phillips do meet and greet daily in fantasyland and also at the front of the park around floral Mickey's face garden. Maleficent is quite popular and has been the featured villain in many halloween and former shows at the park. There may not be a dedicated attraction to Sleeping Beauty but she 9and related characters) do appear regularly at TDL.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                            You are not correct. Aurora and Phillips do meet and greet daily in fantasyland and also at the front of the park around floral Mickey's face garden. Maleficent is quite popular and has been the featured villain in many halloween and former shows at the park. There may not be a dedicated attraction to Sleeping Beauty but she 9and related characters) do appear regularly at TDL.
                            Oh, well I meant attractions.

Is there any Sleeping Beauty at TDS? Or any princesses besides Jasmine and Ariel?

one hundred and one

Comment

Oh, well I meant attractions.

Is there any Sleeping Beauty at TDS? Or any princesses besides Jasmine and Ariel?
                              That doesn't mean we can't start. You sound like "Well, since it isn't there, we should only work with what we already have." Why not add Sleeping Beauty's presence to the resort?

Comment

That doesn't mean we can't start. You sound like "Well, since it isn't there, we should only work with what we already have." Why not add Sleeping Beauty's presence to the resort?

But Ursula gets large in the movie and is a perfect substitute. So why a dragon?

one hundred and one

Comment

But Ursula gets large in the movie and is a perfect substitute. So why a dragon?
                                  Ursula is already represented in the park, Sleeping Beauty is not. Why not have Maleficent turn into her dragon form and finally represent the classic movie in the park?

I'd like to see you answer that one....

Comment

I don't think Sleeping Beauty is represented in EITHER park... well, it's made cameos in TDL, but I don't think it has any restaurants or even rides in the parks. I think Monstro, Ursula, Jafar, and the 3 characters who have yet to have a presence in the park (The Evil Queen, Chernabog and Malificent) are sufficient characters to carry the villains section.

I think the better thing to think about is how the show will make The Evil Queen one of the only characters who have some sort of presence in both parks... as long as they keep her important segment.
                                    Do do do do do do dodododododo!

-My Electrical Parade Impersonation

Comment

Ursula is already represented in the park, Sleeping Beauty is not. Why not have Maleficent turn into her dragon form and finally represent the classic movie in the park?

I'd like to see you answer that one....

Because the other two parks have done that with their adaptations- one being in DL which without question the dragon fits, and the other being Hollywood Studios where there is the nearby animation building and the whole park is based off of movies- specifically Disney movies.

But TDS represents the sea and exploration. There is no mythology, animation, and barely any Disney movie references besides Aladdin and The Little Mermaid. Ursula is one of Disney's top villains and is perfect for the Maleficent role.

one hundred and one

Comment

But TDS represents the sea and exploration. There is no mythology, animation, and barely any Disney movie references besides Aladdin and The Little Mermaid. Ursula is one of Disney's top villains and is perfect for the Maleficent role.
                                        No mythology you say? Oh really? What about the day time parade Legend of Mythica. Isn't DisneySea also about adventure? Fantasmic is the spirit of Adventure.

Comment

• Re: Fantasmic!; coming to DisneySea in 2012!

No mythology you say? Oh really? What about the day time parade Legend of Mythica. Isn't DisneySea also about adventure? Fantasmic is the spirit of Adventure.
                                          Very, VERY wrong. Fantasmic represents the power of imagination and has nothing to do with adventure.

Is Mythica enough to support the dragon concept in an ocean park? If so, go right ahead.

one hundred and one

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X