Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantasmic!; coming to DisneySea in 2012!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FigmentJedi
    replied
    Re: Fantasmic!; coming to DisneySea in 2012!

This just came to me right now when complaining about Pocahontas in the WDW Fantasmic on another website, but I'm really hoping that this version of Fantasmic will use the sequence they rejected for the WDW version with Captain Nemo fighting the Squid while Mickey plays the organ

Leave a comment:

• warri0r_of_light11
    replied

What if they add the firebird from the fantasia 2000 movie rising out of the volcano?

Leave a comment:

• meekobiscuit
    replied

Maybe it's old new to everyone, but I just read on wikipedia Japan that the Fantasmic in TDS will not be a clone of either DL's or DHS's versions, but will feature new thematic elements such as Aladdin, Cinderella and Finding Nemo. It also mentioned that there will be a fiece battle between Mickey and a dragon, so I am assuming that this means Maleficent.

Leave a comment:

• DuffyDaisuki
    replied

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Journey to the Center of the Earth is actually closing on May 6th and not on March. There apparently was a mistake on the English version of the site.
    Thanks for a very helpful post!^^ Does that work for your travel plans, then, Fukai?

Leave a comment:

• TDR_Fan
    replied

Journey to the Center of the Earth is actually closing on May 6th and not on March. There apparently was a mistake on the English version of the site.

Leave a comment:

• DuffyDaisuki
    replied

Originally posted by Fukai View Post
    That Journey to the Center of the Earth refurb really sucks. I had already made the arrangements for my trip when they announced it.
    Yeah, that is too bad. But it's not like you haven't seen it before and it won't be your last visit, right? Hopefully, whatever they're doing that's gonna take so long will be worth it. I get it, though; I'd be bummed, too. I'm bummed with you.^^

Leave a comment:

• Fukai
    replied

That Journey to the Center of the Earth refurb really sucks. I had already made the arrangements for my trip when they announced it.

Leave a comment:

• DuffyDaisuki
    replied

Originally posted by lighttragic View Post
    Just like Bravieasemo excuse the spelling I hope fantasmic will include Mt prothemous in the show. I dont know if chernabog is the answer but the Mountain is so beautiful I would love to see it used somehow in the show
    I hope so, too. Hm...maybe that's part of why JttCotE is going down for so long (3/6~7/23/2010)? Maybe they have to do some kind of construction to prepare for Prometheus/Fantasmic! integration?

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Originally posted by DarkSideoftheMouse View Post
    Can anyone else see this show featuring Chernabog rising out of Mt. Prometheus? Seems almost too perfect for him.
    Seen it done at TDL already. 1998's "Viva Magic!" 15th anniversary castle show featured a huge Chernobog raising from behind the stage and creating havoc.. not to mention scaring the bejesus of the kids in the audience. Hahahaha!!!!

Leave a comment:

• lighttragic
    replied

Originally posted by Baloo View Post
    and isn't the top of the volcano also seen from inside the MK park. would be kind of wierd seeing this huge monster come out from the volcano and only the back be visible form the MK park. It would also have to be huge to be impressive from the viewing area.

If the world of color chernabog ends up working as intended, i could see them adding that contraption to the new fantasmic in Tokyo though.

You can see the mountain from elevated areas.. Such as the monorail station, TDL hotel etc... You can barely see it from the castle you really have to look for it IE look up and not be totally immersed in everything from ground level.

Just like Bravieasemo excuse the spelling I hope fantasmic will include Mt prothemous in the show. I dont know if chernabog is the answer but the Mountain is so beautiful I would love to see it used somehow in the show

Leave a comment:

• Baloo
    replied

and isn't the top of the volcano also seen from inside the MK park. would be kind of wierd seeing this huge monster come out from the volcano and only the back be visible form the MK park. It would also have to be huge to be impressive from the viewing area.

If the world of color chernabog ends up working as intended, i could see them adding that contraption to the new fantasmic in Tokyo though.

Leave a comment:

• Ice101
    replied

Originally posted by DarkSideoftheMouse View Post
    Can anyone else see this show featuring Chernabog rising out of Mt. Prometheus? Seems almost too perfect for him.
    Remember those giant jet engines or whatever they are exist in the top so by adding Chernabog you would eliminate all eruptions.

Leave a comment:

• gurgi
    replied

Actually, "Fantasmic!" (premiered 1992) inspired "It's Magical" (premiered 1993), The two shows have a lot in common thematically. I do wish they had left Maleficent in the EPCOT version, since the generic sorceress, and robot thing, were poor substitutes.

Leave a comment:

• DarkSideoftheMouse
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Originally posted by AtomicBear View Post
    Didn't TDL have a castle show with the Maleficent dragon (It's Magical?) which inspired the one in Fantasmic?
    That is correct. "It's magical!" was TDL's 10th anniversary show and ran from April 15th 1993 until April 14th 1994. it featured Maleficent crashing the celebration, and turning in the dragon, then fighting Mickey. Epic show and one of TDL's best. the show was so popular, they twicked it and brought it to EPCOT as "Splashtacular", but they changed the entire maleficent sequence with that of some alien monster.

Leave a comment:

• AtomicBear
    replied

Didn't TDL have a castle show with the Maleficent dragon (It's Magical?) which inspired the one in Fantasmic?

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Scott, I really would keep my mouth shut if I were you...your ignorance about TDS is simply embarrasing. How can you even try to support opinions on TDS when you really have not been and do not undertsnad the park's concepts??
    Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
    Oh, well I meant attractions.

Is there any Sleeping Beauty at TDS? Or any princesses besides Jasmine and Ariel?
    Ariel, and an entire Port (area) of the park is dedicated to her and her pal characters. You really do not know much about TDS, do you?

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott
    But TDS represents the sea and exploration. There is no mythology, animation, and barely any Disney movie references besides Aladdin and The Little Mermaid.
    have you forgotten the entire Mysterious Island area of the park is based on the 20K disney movie, complete with nautilus sitting nearby?

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott
    Is Mythica enough to support the dragon concept in an ocean park? If so, go right ahead.
    Well, there IS a fire breathing dragon on Mythica as well, in case you did not know that...

*sighs* I rest my case.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 11-28-2009, 04:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Imagineer Scott
    replied

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
    No mythology you say? Oh really? What about the day time parade Legend of Mythica. Isn't DisneySea also about adventure? Fantasmic is the spirit of Adventure.
    Very, VERY wrong. Fantasmic represents the power of imagination and has nothing to do with adventure.

Is Mythica enough to support the dragon concept in an ocean park? If so, go right ahead.

Leave a comment:

• Ice101
    replied

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
    But TDS represents the sea and exploration. There is no mythology, animation, and barely any Disney movie references besides Aladdin and The Little Mermaid. Ursula is one of Disney's top villains and is perfect for the Maleficent role.
    No mythology you say? Oh really? What about the day time parade Legend of Mythica. Isn't DisneySea also about adventure? Fantasmic is the spirit of Adventure.

Leave a comment:

• Imagineer Scott
    replied

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
    Ursula is already represented in the park, Sleeping Beauty is not. Why not have Maleficent turn into her dragon form and finally represent the classic movie in the park?

I'd like to see you answer that one....

Because the other two parks have done that with their adaptations- one being in DL which without question the dragon fits, and the other being Hollywood Studios where there is the nearby animation building and the whole park is based off of movies- specifically Disney movies.

But TDS represents the sea and exploration. There is no mythology, animation, and barely any Disney movie references besides Aladdin and The Little Mermaid. Ursula is one of Disney's top villains and is perfect for the Maleficent role.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X