Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List of all the different outfits for Duffy?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gurgi
    replied
    Re: List of all the different outfits for Duffy?

Originally posted by DuffyDad View Post
    I'm curious about your first bonus question, too. I believe it was sometime in 2003, and at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando. Someone more knowledgeable than me care to shine a light? As for the second query, as far as I know they still sell "the Disney Bear" in the US, but the construction is totally different now. A friend of mine also confirmed that the design for the Japanese Duffy bear was tweaked even from the original (imo) better quality "Disney bears." The US bears are not and have never been Duffy. I'm still curious who exactly owns the "Duffy" name, though, Disney or OLC? I guess Disney, cos nothing on Duffy's goods says OLC... But the name, the artwork, the costumes - all that is Duffy - is designed here in Japan; it only gets "approved" by Disney Parks in the US. He is a Japanese character with significant roots in an American design concept. (There are new folks who haven't heard that rant.^^) Although Duffy is a great symbol of the US-Japan Disney bridge (and how Japan does it better - sorry, couldn't resist!^^), since all design/marketing/planning for him is done in-house at OLC, my chances of ever getting on that team are practically nonexistent.^^
    Actually, I found out month and year that "Disney Bear" was released. July 2002. It was made to celebrate the opening of the "Once Upon a Toy" store at WDW's Downtown Disney Marketplace. So, at that time, that was the only place to find him. Then, he started showing up elsewhere, and finally made his way to the west coast at Disneyland. I'm not really sure how popular the bear was, since sales dwindled, and many ended up at Disney Outlets for a discounted price. I can't say when the original version of the "Disney Bear" disappeared from store shelves, but he was around as of 2006, just not as prolific. Then, he got a redesign, and is actually popping up more now with little t-shirts. The quality is not nearly as nice as the original, and he's much smaller. However, there have been a few releases of the original design...or at least close to it (smaller and inferior quality, but as close as they've gotten). During the holidays, WDW would release one as a "gift with purchase" I think they started in 2006 and did one each subsequent year. He usually had on a red t-shirt. The NYC World of Disney store also had the same bear, but with a red "NYC" t-shirt. Each year was a different color (mostly brown, but they did release a white one in 2007, and his fur was sparkly). This year they are doing it again, and there's a chocolate brown one that has 2009 on his shirt. They also sold a black & white one all year long that had an "I love NY" shirt on. Get these while you can though, because the NYC World of Disney store is closing for good on December 31st.

I know we've had the Duffy discussion around here before, but I'll also agree that the way he was tweaked from his WDW roots makes him that much more appealing to me. I like everything about him more than his "Disney Bear" cousin.

I've never seen one, either, but I imagine they are around 43cm. I don't think Japanese fans would be impressed by an expensive, limited edition Duffy that couldn't wear the outfits. I know I wouldn't.^^ I'm so lucky! Thanks in part to you, Gurgi, I now have a FULLY poseable Duffy that looks just like Duffy should!:ghug: Yes, pics are coming...sick and working like a dog! Gotta make that money for Mickey!
    Wow, then if he's the same size as regular Duffy, that box must be really big and heavy!! I wonder why I haven't seen any pictures of them with the costumes on though? I would think one of the many fans that bought one would try that. Oh, and I'm very happy you got the poseable Duffy to work, I'm happy I could help with that. And I hope you get better soon!

I was surprised by the fantastic pricing on this, too! I imagine a lot of folks will be, and I imagine they'll be gone FAST! I wonder if they took collectors into account, too, and the fact that they are kind of re-releasing a retired costume for the first time...I wonder if they produced as many this year as last year. I guess they made more, though, honestly. This has been an INCREDIBLE year for Duffy.
    I hope they produce a lot, seeing just how popular he's becoming. I think this Halloween was a true testament to how much he's grown in popularity. I just hope it doesn't get out of control.

Yeah, I hear you, but I'm afraid it might actually be Christmas again. I took another look at the official site, and I'd forgotten that sleigh icon next to the 12/28 release date...hm... And I just realized, even if they did a New Year's costume, you "tuxedo fans" are right...it almost definitely would not be Japanese-themed as part of the Cape Cod Seasons line. Bummed now.^^
    Forgot about that sleigh picture...I guess we won't know until a week before. I sure hope it's not a sweater combo, because it would be too similar to the one they're releasing next week. I was kind of joking about the tuxedo thing, but I wouldn't be surprised if they created one either for the 12/28 date, or his upcoming Valentines costume...although still no official word on that "Duffy event" Joe mentioned a while ago...

I would love a long, fashionable overcoat, too. And a turtleneck. I also love layers. Something truly winter solstice stylish is what I was hoping for...but that darned sleigh!!!:unsure::lol:

You already have a zippered hoodie, Janell! It came with the Swimming set!^^
    Yeah, another variant on the peacoat outfit would be great. Something more generic winter...not Christmas, please!! And, that hoodie can be used all the time, who cares if it has a little seagull on it?

I don't have a popcorn bucket, but I can do the balloon! This photo is from the day Ichigo and I went to the Funderful Disney Party at Broadway Theater (front row^^), which also just "happened" to be her birthday! Duffy was so excited to show her some love!)
    Very cute picture! I like the little flags they give you for the Funderful Disney event. I'll bet you I can guess where that balloon came from! I recognize the font on it...

And this one's just in the spirit of Ichigo!^^
    Love that little plate, and the cake looks SOO good! Was it lemon flavored? That hat is amazing too. I like how it's a variation on Mickey's captain hat, but with a masquerade twist.

New Year's Day is the biggest holiday of the year in Japan. It's celebrated by going to shrine and/or temple, ringing bells, making wishes, reading fortunes, cleaning house, purifying your spirit, buying protective charms and talismans, settling old debts, letting go of the past, and looking forward to a bright and shining future. It is a day to be with family, feast on good food, and enjoy the natural beauty of the first sunrise of the year with the ones you :love:. Sadly, if they do make a New Year's costume, I'm sure it'll be western style. That could be fun, too, but the Japanese New Year is so beautiful! I just thought of how much I would :love: a mini Duffy omikuji (fortune telling stick can) accessory with a Japanese costume! I wanna be on the Duffy marketing team!)
    I wonder if they will do a Japanese line for Duffy? I see that Cape Cod Seasons continues into next year, but maybe they will do a new yearly theme later? I just don't know how Japanese they truly want to make him though, since he's so tied to Cape Cod.

*sigh* You know, I really hate to, but I just have to...I told you to hold off on buying your Duffy til Christmas, but did you listen to me? Noooo, you didn't... At least now you know that I am always right.
    And you told me too, but I didn't listen either, did I? I was too impatient. However, I am glad I have a Duffy to enjoy in the meantime though.

I don't love the hat, either, but I want something with the Snowman Duffy and I think the boots are super cute. The detailing, too, is wonderful, as expected. The whole set, though, is a little more "cutesy" than my style, but I'm still happy about it.
    I like the fact that everything is knit...even the pants! I looked at the picture, and you can see that the sweater & pants are the same material. So, it should be very soft. The hat doesn't bother me too much, it is a little tall, but I like the detail on it.

I'm glad you're coming back! We're gonna have such a great time doing Candlelight Reflections next Saturday! And that'll be your last night at the Resort, right? What a beautiful send-off!!!^^
    I hope you guys have a blast, and that the weather cooperates too.

Leave a comment:

• Wondering
    replied

:blush:Thanks! Nice to meet you, too. Nice topic!^^

When are you coming? Last year all of the special smiling Christmas Duffys were sold out by the first or second week of December. I know cos my friend didn't get one.:shy: I imagine this year's to be even more popular, actually.

Candlelight Reflections is the one that includes the bear for ¥4800. The ¥3500 Christmas Sweater set is just a sweater set, but the brown boots are cute.

I'm curious about your first bonus question, too. I believe it was sometime in 2003, and at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando. Someone more knowledgeable than me care to shine a light? As for the second query, as far as I know they still sell "the Disney Bear" in the US, but the construction is totally different now. A friend of mine also confirmed that the design for the Japanese Duffy bear was tweaked even from the original (imo) better quality "Disney bears." The US bears are not and have never been Duffy. I'm still curious who exactly owns the "Duffy" name, though, Disney or OLC? I guess Disney, cos nothing on Duffy's goods says OLC... But the name, the artwork, the costumes - all that is Duffy - is designed here in Japan; it only gets "approved" by Disney Parks in the US. He is a Japanese character with significant roots in an American design concept. (There are new folks who haven't heard that rant.^^) Although Duffy is a great symbol of the US-Japan Disney bridge (and how Japan does it better - sorry, couldn't resist!^^), since all design/marketing/planning for him is done in-house at OLC, my chances of ever getting on that team are practically nonexistent.^^
    You're welcome ^-^ Thank you!

December 14th~ Will be there until the 21st or the 24th XD (We're hoping for the latter, but some issues with the tickets and yeah >_> So we have to see--but the 24th is what we're aiming for). I actually went to Japan two years ago (From a few days before Halloween until like November 7th or so) and that's when I first got my own Duffy so yeah :3 (Along with some outfits). I adore him so~ My main wanting is because the 2007 one was pink XD I prefer softer plushies over all so I'd only really go for a rare collectible if it was pink or came with something I absolutely adore @[email protected] But yeah, they probably get more popular each year as more people know about it.

The reason I'm curious is my family and I go to Disney World every single year. We have gone since I was just a few months old to, well, now--heck, I even celebrated my sweet 16 in Disney World (I'm 20 now)...yet, we somehow missed these and it throws me in a complete loop. I know they were just known as the Disney Bear then (I've been looking up information since I found out there was a pink one)...but Duffy is quicker to type and sounds cuter :P But yeah, I heard the Disney Bear just came back to the parks recently and it was removed for a bit when it came to Japan--which, again, is part of my confusion as how I missed something. (I did buy the new Disney Bear while I was in Disney like...last week. It's really bad quality compared to Duffy...but it's also like half the price). But don't worry, I know Japan does it better XD *has seen the awesomeness of Tokyo Disney and got to see plenty of Tokyo 2 years ago* Looking forward to it. And all the different kinds of popcorn--love getting those special buckets. XD

But yeah, back to what I was saying, I mainly want to try and figure out because I want to see how in the right mind my family and I would've missed the Duffy/Disney Bears when they were first here--I love teddy bears, I get a teddy bear no matter where we go and as I've stated before, my favorite color is pink...so if I saw a pink teddy bear, I would've gotten it, yet I can't remember ever seeing it or any kinds and I just don't get it. The first time I saw "the Disney Bear" was when I saw Duffy while I was in Tokyo Disney (another reason why I'm used to referring to it as Duffy as I actually stumbled upon it first) and the first thing I thought of was "I guess they brought it over" only to learn it was here first which is why I'm so confused. We always stayed in the Disney Resort hotels once they were developed, we go to every park and every store in Disney each year, and I'm just at a loss of how the heck we could've missed it.

It was actually my research into when and where the first Disney Bears were that got me to wanting to look up more clothes for my actual Duffy which lead to my topic here. XD

Leave a comment:

• gurgi
    replied

Yeah, the softness of the cat costume surprised me too!

Leave a comment:

• DuffyDaisuki
    replied

Originally posted by Wondering View Post
    Hi! Nice to meet you XD Your avatar is awesome~
    :blush:Thanks! Nice to meet you, too. Nice topic!^^

The Candlelight outfit is the new Christmas one? Or is it another one? T~T *fails*

In a happy note, I'm going to Japan in December, so maybe I'll be able to stop by Tokyo DisneySea and get a few things <3

Edit: And quick bonus question--exactly what month and year were the bears originally out in Disney World/Land? And what month and year were the bears removed?
    When are you coming? Last year all of the special smiling Christmas Duffys were sold out by the first or second week of December. I know cos my friend didn't get one.:shy: I imagine this year's to be even more popular, actually.

Candlelight Reflections is the one that includes the bear for ¥4800. The ¥3500 Christmas Sweater set is just a sweater set, but the brown boots are cute.

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
    So...how big are these "collection dolls"? I've never actually seen them next to anything for a size comparison. I've always assumed they were a lot smaller than the standard Duffy, but I really don't have a clue.

I agree with you too. The visible seams aren't a plus, in my opinion. I guess it's a matter of taste. I also don't quite like how his face looks...it's not quite Duffy, if you ask me.
    I've never seen one, either, but I imagine they are around 43cm. I don't think Japanese fans would be impressed by an expensive, limited edition Duffy that couldn't wear the outfits. I know I wouldn't.^^ I'm so lucky! Thanks in part to you, Gurgi, I now have a FULLY poseable Duffy that looks just like Duffy should!:ghug: Yes, pics are coming...sick and working like a dog! Gotta make that money for Mickey!

am surprised that they are basically selling a full costume with the limited edition bear...the one plus side to Candlelight Reflections leaving, I guess. It really is quite a deal considering what you get. I can't wait to see the detail in the costume myself.

Yeah, me too! The thing about Halloween is that you could really make any costume, and they did. So having 3 different ones was not a stretch. With Christmas, just how many sweater/jacket outfits do you need? So, yeah, I also hope it's not Christmas themed, but generic winter, or something else. The 12/28 one would be great if it was New Year's themed! A countdown costume would be really awesome! Maybe a Duffy tuxedo, LOL!
    I was surprised by the fantastic pricing on this, too! I imagine a lot of folks will be, and I imagine they'll be gone FAST! I wonder if they took collectors into account, too, and the fact that they are kind of re-releasing a retired costume for the first time...I wonder if they produced as many this year as last year. I guess they made more, though, honestly. This has been an INCREDIBLE year for Duffy.

Yeah, I hear you, but I'm afraid it might actually be Christmas again. I took another look at the official site, and I'd forgotten that sleigh icon next to the 12/28 release date...hm... And I just realized, even if they did a New Year's costume, you "tuxedo fans" are right...it almost definitely would not be Japanese-themed as part of the Cape Cod Seasons line. Bummed now.^^

Originally posted by Janell View Post
    Im with you, I hope they do a non-holiday outfit for 11/27. Maybe some winter outfit, a cute soft sweater or something with a warm over coat. I think it gets cold in Tokyo(well Im from California, anything under 60f is cold lol) An outfit that had an over coat, plus a cute outfit underneath would be nice. I love layering. Oh my gosh they need a TDS hoodie sweat shirt. Like Duffys day in the park. Can't you see him with a balloon? lol And a pop corn bucket. I love those things, I really love the collapsable bucket. But that maybe hard in such a small side. A little DTS map and camera. Oh gosh I could go wild with all this. lol
    I would love a long, fashionable overcoat, too. And a turtleneck. I also love layers. Something truly winter solstice stylish is what I was hoping for...but that darned sleigh!!!:unsure::lol:

You already have a zippered hoodie, Janell! It came with the Swimming set!^^

I don't have a popcorn bucket, but I can do the balloon! This photo is from the day Ichigo and I went to the Funderful Disney Party at Broadway Theater (front row^^), which also just "happened" to be her birthday! Duffy was so excited to show her some love!)

And this one's just in the spirit of Ichigo!^^

can totally see a New Years outfit for him too. A noise maker, party hat, some cute clothes. I wonder who the Japanese celebrate New Years, do they have noise makers? My family is always at DLR, so its all about the party hats and noise makers DLR gives out(free, yes something free from Disney lol)
    New Year's Day is the biggest holiday of the year in Japan. It's celebrated by going to shrine and/or temple, ringing bells, making wishes, reading fortunes, cleaning house, purifying your spirit, buying protective charms and talismans, settling old debts, letting go of the past, and looking forward to a bright and shining future. It is a day to be with family, feast on good food, and enjoy the natural beauty of the first sunrise of the year with the ones you :love:. Sadly, if they do make a New Year's costume, I'm sure it'll be western style. That could be fun, too, but the Japanese New Year is so beautiful! I just thought of how much I would :love: a mini Duffy omikuji (fortune telling stick can) accessory with a Japanese costume! I wanna be on the Duffy marketing team!)

Originally posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    Everything TDR does, from shows, to parades, to decorations, to merchandise is done with class & finesse. I love looking forward to just what they will do next.

Anyway, back to Duffy- This years costume is pretty nice, I like the snowduffy on the shoulders- I'm not too crazy about the hat- but I'm looking forward to the Candlelight outfit. I wish they actually did sell it separately since I really didn't want to have to buy another Duffy- but it is the smiling version, so I guess I need him as well.
    *sigh* You know, I really hate to, but I just have to...I told you to hold off on buying your Duffy til Christmas, but did you listen to me? Noooo, you didn't... At least now you know that I am always right.

I don't love the hat, either, but I want something with the Snowman Duffy and I think the boots are super cute. The detailing, too, is wonderful, as expected. The whole set, though, is a little more "cutesy" than my style, but I'm still happy about it.

I'm glad you're coming back! We're gonna have such a great time doing Candlelight Reflections next Saturday! And that'll be your last night at the Resort, right? What a beautiful send-off!!!^^

Leave a comment:

• DuffyGuardian
    replied

Everything TDR does, from shows, to parades, to decorations, to merchandise is done with class & finesse. I love looking forward to just what they will do next.

I'm from NY, but I love the cold- the 60's for me are still a bit warm- I love it being in the 40's & 50's. I'm not a person who does layers at all. I'll wear a t- shirt and shorts all year long if possible. I think California has great weather when compared to NY- it's not as humid out there.

Anyway, back to Duffy- This years costume is pretty nice, I like the snowduffy on the shoulders- I'm not too crazy about the hat- but I'm looking forward to the Candlelight outfit. I wish they actually did sell it separately since I really didn't want to have to buy another Duffy- but it is the smiling version, so I guess I need him as well.
    You sound like my husband, hes Canadian and wares shorts and a t-shirt when its snowing. Im all bundled up in a big coat. Makes for a funny photo. lol

I agree, I like the snow Duffy on the shoulder. Such a cute detail. I love that sweater. The hat, Im not sure about yet. What I love are the shoes. Yeah, Im such a girl who loves shoes. lol The over all are cute too. They did a great job on this one. I would hope it is soft like the cat costume. I can't believe how soft that one is. The quaintly I can't say enough good things about what they put out.

Leave a comment:

• jedimaster7313
    replied

I'm from NY, but I love the cold- the 60's for me are still a bit warm- I love it being in the 40's & 50's. I'm not a person who does layers at all. I'll wear a t- shirt and shorts all year long if possible. I think California has great weather when compared to NY- it's not as humid out there.

Leave a comment:

• DuffyGuardian
    replied

Unlike the rest of the year's jewelry offerings, the Christmas necklace is real silver (they had one last year, too); that's why the higher price. I can't really see the details on that photo, either, Janell. I'll try to get a better shot of it when I go, but we all know Ichigo's camera is MUCH better than mine!

As far as shoes, I vastly prefer Build-A-Bear shoes because their sturdiness makes posed photos much easier, but I agree with Gurgi - the details have improved the past two months. The ones for the Cat costume, though I added some details of my own, were really inspired!

I really hope the 11/27 costume isn't Christmas-related. I think two is enough for Christmas. For Halloween it made sense, since it's a costume holiday, but I'd like to see something just purely winter for the Seasons line. I'm really hopeful that the 12/28 one will be a New Year's hakama! I would :love: that!!!
    Thanks, I loved to see detail of the necklace. I love the detail of the items TDR puts out.

I get what you guys are saying. If you pose Duffy, the sturdiness is very much needed.

Im with you, I hope they do a non-holiday outfit for 11/27. Maybe some winter outfit, a cute soft sweater or something with a warm over coat. I think it gets cold in Tokyo(well Im from California, anything under 60f is cold lol) An outfit that had an over coat, plus a cute outfit underneath would be nice. I love layering. Oh my gosh they need a TDS hoodie sweat shirt. Like Duffys day in the park. Can't you see him with a balloon? lol And a pop corn bucket. I love those things, I really love the collapsable bucket. But that maybe hard in such a small side. A little DTS map and camera. Oh gosh I could go wild with all this. lol

I can totally see a New Years outfit for him too. A noise maker, party hat, some cute clothes. I wonder who the Japanese celebrate New Years, do they have noise makers? My family is always at DLR, so its all about the party hats and noise makers DLR gives out(free, yes something free from Disney lol)

Leave a comment:

• gurgi
    replied

It is a really good price, as this is the most special (and most fully clothed^^) Christmas edition Duffy so far!^^ The Christmas version is actually just slightly larger than the normal edition, but still wears all outfits with ease. Mine is the 25th Anniversary Christmas version from last year.
    Oh, so he is just a bit bigger, thanks for that detail!

That's the "Collection Doll" version. Last year's was blue (and is the "2009" version - they release in December for the following year), 2008 was pink, and 2007 dark brown. They are jointed, so they move for sure at the shoulders, neck, and hips. Not sure about elbow or knee articulation, though. Personally, I don't like their fur as much as the standard Duffy, so I prefer the Christmas version to them. They're ¥10~14,000. Pretty pricey, but they come with a cushioned, lined wooden collector's display box, so it's actually pretty high value, too.
    So...how big are these "collection dolls"? I've never actually seen them next to anything for a size comparison. I've always assumed they were a lot smaller than the standard Duffy, but I really don't have a clue.

Not sure if that's mohair on the Collection Doll, but possibly. I've never seen one in person, but I don't like how "seamy" they look. One of my favorite things about Duffy is that he has no visible seams. This belies careful design, in my eyes. I can see how another aesthetic could argue that the seams have a classic, handmade charm...but I do not share this sentiment.^^
    I agree with you too. The visible seams aren't a plus, in my opinion. I guess it's a matter of taste. I also don't quite like how his face looks...it's not quite Duffy, if you ask me.

It woulda been nice to buy the Candlelight outfit separate, but...meh. It's SO much better than the 5th Anniversary version - more sparkle, more details, and PANTS! I'd rather have pants than a Duffy logo Santa sack any day. Also, it looks to have a more satin finish, whereas the old one looks more like velvet to me. Haven't seen either in person yet, though; this is just from photos.^^
    I am surprised that they are basically selling a full costume with the limited edition bear...the one plus side to Candlelight Reflections leaving, I guess. It really is quite a deal considering what you get. I can't wait to see the detail in the costume myself.

I really hope the 11/27 costume isn't Christmas-related. I think two is enough for Christmas. For Halloween it made sense, since it's a costume holiday, but I'd like to see something just purely winter for the Seasons line. I'm really hopeful that the 12/28 one will be a New Year's hakama! I would :love: that!!!
    Yeah, me too! The thing about Halloween is that you could really make any costume, and they did. So having 3 different ones was not a stretch. With Christmas, just how many sweater/jacket outfits do you need? So, yeah, I also hope it's not Christmas themed, but generic winter, or something else. The 12/28 one would be great if it was New Year's themed! A countdown costume would be really awesome! Maybe a Duffy tuxedo, LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Wondering
    replied

Hey, guys. Sorry I missed this for so long. Life's been busy.

That's the "Collection Doll" version. Last year's was blue (and is the "2009" version - they release in December for the following year), 2008 was pink, and 2007 dark brown. They are jointed, so they move for sure at the shoulders, neck, and hips. Not sure about elbow or knee articulation, though. Personally, I don't like their fur as much as the standard Duffy, so I prefer the Christmas version to them. They're ¥10~14,000. Pretty pricey, but they come with a cushioned, lined wooden collector's display box, so it's actually pretty high value, too.

It woulda been nice to buy the Candlelight outfit separate, but...meh. It's SO much better than the 5th Anniversary version - more sparkle, more details, and PANTS! I'd rather have pants than a Duffy logo Santa sack any day. Also, it looks to have a more satin finish, whereas the old one looks more like velvet to me. Haven't seen either in person yet, though; this is just from photos.^^
    Hi! Nice to meet you XD Your avatar is awesome~

Thanks for the information ^___^ ...of course, now I want the pink one. T___T Though, I'll probably be able to pass if our hunts through the attic and basement goes well...

The Candlelight outfit is the new Christmas one? Or is it another one? T~T *fails*

In a happy note, I'm going to Japan in December, so maybe I'll be able to stop by Tokyo DisneySea and get a few things <3

Edit: And quick bonus question--exactly what month and year were the bears originally out in Disney World/Land? And what month and year were the bears removed?
    Last edited by Wondering; 11-06-2009, 06:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• honoraryhatter
    replied

It might be...I'm not sure, but the pictures I saw on a Yahoo auction make it look kind of course like Mohair...so maybe.
    Hey, guys. Sorry I missed this for so long.

Not sure if that's mohair on the Collection Doll, but possibly. I've never seen one in person, but I don't like how "seamy" they look. One of my favorite things about Duffy is that he has no visible seams. This belies careful design, in my eyes. I can see how another aesthetic could argue that the seams have a classic, handmade charm...but I do not share this sentiment.^^
    Thanks for all the information on the Duffy Collection Doll. I didn't even know about them until gurgi mentioned them. To me, it's hard to tell if they are mohair. The Mickey and Minnie Harborside Christmas 2005 set had a card in it stating that it was made with mohair. Otherwise, I would have never known. After seeing pictures of the Duffy Collection Doll, I definitely prefer the standard Duffy, too

I couldn't agree more, but I wouldn't be surprised if the costume for 11/27 will be Christmas related since the 11/9 costume set has more of a winter feel to it. I guess we'll just have to wait a little while longer until Duffy's website is updated As for the 12/28 costume, I had a suspicion that it would have a New Year's theme because of the release date. Regardless, I'm sure that costume will sell out quickly (as if Duffy doesn't always sell out quickly, though).
    Last edited by honoraryhatter; 11-06-2009, 01:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DuffyDaisuki
    replied

Hey, guys. Sorry I missed this for so long. Life's been busy.

Oh Duffy is so cute. I love the outfits. So is the it really a Duffy and outfit for 4800 yen? Isn't that a good price? Is that Duffy smaller then the reg. Duffy?

I can't read it, so Im wondering what the necklace looking item is? Its the 13,000 yen item.
    It is a really good price, as this is the most special (and most fully clothed^^) Christmas edition Duffy so far!^^ The Christmas version is actually just slightly larger than the normal edition, but still wears all outfits with ease. Mine is the 25th Anniversary Christmas version from last year.

Unlike the rest of the year's jewelry offerings, the Christmas necklace is real silver (they had one last year, too); that's why the higher price. I can't really see the details on that photo, either, Janell. I'll try to get a better shot of it when I go, but we all know Ichigo's camera is MUCH better than mine!

I just love the Duffy shoes. I have looked at Build a Bear shoes and they are just so clunky and hard. I love the soft Duffy shoes.
    Speaking of trends, this also seems to be a new one. It's identical to the Halloween version released last month (except with Christmas colors)...and the same size too. They list it in Centimeters. It's small in person though, maybe the size of a small handbag. It's not an "over-the-shoulder" size at all. It's something more like a purse.

I like that they are putting the Duffy logo on his feet again. The only thing about the Duffy shoes, is that they really aren't meant for anything but display. The Build-a-Bear ones are meant to be played with and used outside...or whatever you decide. Duffy's are more cute. Build-a-Bear's are pretty much like real baby shoes.
    I'll just add to Gurgi's answer. The bag is 22x28x18cm, according to Duffy's official site.

As far as shoes, I vastly prefer Build-A-Bear shoes because their sturdiness makes posed photos much easier, but I agree with Gurgi - the details have improved the past two months. The ones for the Cat costume, though I added some details of my own, were really inspired!

I'm not too sure if the smiling Duffy is the same size or not. I checked the links & the smiling one in the Santa outfit says it's 32 cm, but when I checked the size of the regular duffy- it had 2 sizes listed 30cm and 42 cm- I assume the 30cm is sitting and the 42cm is standing, I could be wrong since I can't read anything else but that.

So, I believe the smiling Duffy in the Christmas outfit may be slightly smaller than the original. I remember in the past there were a few different sizes available, but I never really followed Duffy much back then.

Where's DuffyDad when you need him??
    Again, the Christmas version is slightly larger - 43cm standing. Sorry, Jedimaster. I was busy with work and life and getting Duffy's armature installed. Photos coming soon!^^

I do know that there is a very expensive, very limited Duffy that they release each year that is NOT this one. That one is in a special wooden box, and is smaller and made of different fabric...and also it's jointed at the arms & legs. They have been released in different colors too. So far the only one I've seen is a blue one from last year celebrating the 25th. But it's also hundreds of dollars...so, yeah...not getting that one!

Originally posted by honoraryhatter View Post
    I'll echo a statement that you made in another post. I wish they, too, would have offered the Candlelight Reflections costume separately, but I guess there's nothing that can be done since I missed out on the older 5th Anniversary version.

I'm wondering if the very expensive and limited Duffy was a mohair. It wouldn't be a far stretch for TDS to make them because TDS made a Harborside Christmas 2005 Mickey and Minnie set in a red velvet box.

Does anyone know if these are the only two Christmas outfits they will offer for Duffy? I ask because for Halloween, they had two outfits and then they brought out a third one. Sometimes there is a trend to what they do. Im not even sure if they offer a new outfit each month or not.
    Well, there will be another costume released on November 27th as part of the Cape Cod Seasons line. That's what happened with Halloween too. The Black Cat costume was part of that series...and it turned out to be another costume. So, I'm curious what they will do for the next one, since they seem to have the winter outfit covered. There will also be another Cape Cod Seasons costume on December 28th...so heaven only knows what they have planned.
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 11-05-2009, 11:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MikkiMausu99
    replied

I'm looking forward for the new outfits that I'm going to see this year. Thanks for all the info gurgi and jedimaster.

Leave a comment:

• DuffyGuardian
    replied

Thank you gurgi and jedimaster7313. They sure have a cute money maker on their hands. :-) Looking forward to what they come out with next.

Leave a comment:

• jedimaster7313
    replied

The Candlelight Duffy is the one picture of the smiling Duffy with the one that looks like a Santa suit with the gold trim on the front.

If you were wondering, Wondering- you would be surprised at just how far topics or threads go around here- Just take cover once any debates or disagreements start- it can get pretty ugly.

Don't be surprised either if your topic starts out with the lists of Duffy outfits and gets on a tangent and become something else entirely.

Janell, you never know with Duffy- I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few more Christmas outfits coming- they sometimes don't announce them initially, but it does seem like there are new outfits each month or season.

And yes, just to get the hatter going again- buying all these outfits for Duffy can cost much more than your own wardrobe.

I guess I was writing as Gurgi was posting- so now I have all old news.
    Last edited by jedimaster7313; 10-30-2009, 08:40 AM. Reason: Too slow at posting

Leave a comment:

• gurgi
    replied

I about fell off my chair laughing when I read that because there's sooooo much truth in what you wrote.
    It's true! I could buy myself an outfit too for the price of one for Duffy...

I'm wondering if the very expensive and limited Duffy was a mohair. It wouldn't be a far stretch for TDS to make them because TDS made a Harborside Christmas 2005 Mickey and Minnie set in a red velvet box.
    It might be...I'm not sure, but the pictures I saw on a Yahoo auction make it look kind of course like Mohair...so maybe.

This topic has grown a lot bigger than I expected XXD Not that it's a bad thing--I really appreciate it.

Anyway, Which is the Candlelight Outfit? @[email protected] I feel bad that I can't seem to figure out which it is...
    The Candlelight Reflections outfit is the one that looks like a Santa suit. It's this one:

Does anyone know if these are the only two Christmas outfits they will offer for Duffy? I ask because for Halloween, they had two outfits and then they brought out a third one. Sometimes there is a trend to what they do. Im not even sure if they offer a new outfit each month or not.
    Well, there will be another costume released on November 27th as part of the Cape Cod Seasons line. That's what happened with Halloween too. The Black Cat costume was part of that series...and it turned out to be another costume. So, I'm curious what they will do for the next one, since they seem to have the winter outfit covered. There will also be another Cape Cod Seasons costume on December 28th...so heaven only knows what they have planned.

Leave a comment:

• DuffyGuardian
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wondering
    replied

This topic has grown a lot bigger than I expected XXD Not that it's a bad thing--I really appreciate it.

Anyway, Which is the Candlelight Outfit? @[email protected] I feel bad that I can't seem to figure out which it is...

Edit: And exactly how much would you guys say each costume is worth? I just noticed one costume pop up on Ebay and they're asking 240 dollars... o-o
    Last edited by Wondering; 10-30-2009, 10:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• honoraryhatter
    replied

Thanks for the update! I have to say, that Christmas costume is very adorable! I need that. I love the special Christmas Duffy...I'm not sure I want to pay for another bear, but he's wearing the Candlelight Reflections costume...I may have to break down and get him...if he's not sold out on day one, LOL! I think this holiday season I'll be lucky to take what I can get.
    This describes exactly how I felt. I didn't really want another bear, but he is in his Candelight Reflections costume, and I didn't start getting any of the separate Duffy costumes until this Halloween (since I got the mini Duffy counterparts). Indeed, I wonder how quick this stuff will sell out. I'm sure the Halloween costumes and the Cape Cod Seasons black cat already sold out, but I wouldn't know.

I'll echo a statement that you made in another post. I wish they, too, would have offered the Candlelight Reflections costume separately, but I guess there's nothing that can be done since I missed out on the older 5th Anniversary version.

Thanks for the links, I checked out all the other Christmas stuff as well- This years Duffy Santa suit is not too cheap 4800yen. My clothes cost less than that. But it is nice & I'll probably wind up getting it since I have nothing to dress him in for Christmas & it's a lot nicer than any of the build a bear stuff.
    I about fell off my chair laughing when I read that because there's sooooo much truth in what you wrote.

When does this stuff actually get released? Will it be available when you go next week?
    The TDR website says that the Christmas Fantasy and Harborside Christmas good and special menu souvenir plates and pudding cups will go on sale from November 4th. However, the Duffy goods will go on sale from November 9th. I remember that the Duffy goods went on sale a little later for Halloween, too.

I do know that there is a very expensive, very limited Duffy that they release each year that is NOT this one. That one is in a special wooden box, and is smaller and made of different fabric...and also it's jointed at the arms & legs. They have been released in different colors too. So far the only one I've seen is a blue one from last year celebrating the 25th. But it's also hundreds of dollars...so, yeah...not getting that one!

Leave a comment:

• gurgi
    replied

Well, the description for the holiday bear says 32 CM sitting. So, it's fairly close to the regular one that says 30 CM sitting (maybe the 2 extra is for the hat or something, LOL). I know that DuffyDad has the holiday one from last year, and it's pretty much the same size, because all the costumes fit.

Leave a comment:

• jedimaster7313
    replied

I'm not too sure if the smiling Duffy is the same size or not. I checked the links & the smiling one in the Santa outfit says it's 32 cm, but when I checked the size of the regular duffy- it had 2 sizes listed 30cm and 42 cm- I assume the 30cm is sitting and the 42cm is standing, I could be wrong since I can't read anything else but that.

So, I believe the smiling Duffy in the Christmas outfit may be slightly smaller than the original. I remember in the past there were a few different sizes available, but I never really followed Duffy much back then.

Where's DuffyDad when you need him??

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X