Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up being promoted at Tokyo Disneyland

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Re: Up being promoted at Tokyo Disneyland

    Very nice, the forced perspective looks done pretty well
    My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

    Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

    Comment


    • #22
      Re: Up being promoted at Tokyo Disneyland

      Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
      Please, PLEASE tell me they can surpass Ice Age 3 still. PLEASE!
      In total worldwide gross? Almost impossible. But Up should still make comfortably more than $ 700 million (currently $ 667 million worldwide). Up is already the second highest grossing Pixar movie, not adjusting for inflation...but depending on the Japanese take it may well be the second highest grossing Pixar film worldwide even when adjusted for inflation (though worldwide inflation is very difficult calculate).
      Down with the Hat

      Comment


      • #23
        Re: Up being promoted at Tokyo Disneyland

        Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
        No, their alphabet is more complex, one symbol = a whole word.
        Sorry, you're completely wrong.
        The Japanese alphabet is divided into syllables and vowels.

        Personally, I don't think UP or "Kaaru-jiisan no karatobu ie" or whatever will blend over in Japan so well. Rasu-chan (Russel) is the only Asian in the movie and is obese.Obesity is shunned by the nation, it's like cancer to them!
        Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
        Think of it as a third arm that magically
        shoots bullets!

        Comment


        • #24
          Re: Up being promoted at Tokyo Disneyland

          How rude.

          If this were an American word like Ka Ru they'd use katakana, for old man Karl's flying house, I suspect they'd use Chinese characters called kanji in Japan, and those indeed have one symbol that means house for example.

          Comment


          • #25
            Re: Up being promoted at Tokyo Disneyland

            Originally posted by dead_Mau5 View Post
            Sorry, you're completely wrong.
            The Japanese alphabet is divided into syllables and vowels.

            Personally, I don't think UP or "Kaaru-jiisan no karatobu ie" or whatever will blend over in Japan so well. Rasu-chan (Russel) is the only Asian in the movie and is obese.Obesity is shunned by the nation, it's like cancer to them!
            Oh yeah? Then why is Japan's Burger King selling the "Windows 7 Whopper" with 7 beef patties in it, and why is McDonald's selling the Mega Big Mac, which is ridiculously huge and high in fat and calories?? Obesity may be frown upon, but some people do have an obesity problem in Japan, and you have noticed that obesity is becoming a problem there as well. Then there are the sumos...

            Comment


            • #26
              Re: Up being promoted at Tokyo Disneyland

              Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
              Oh yeah? Then why is Japan's Burger King selling the "Windows 7 Whopper" with 7 beef patties in it, and why is McDonald's selling the Mega Big Mac, which is ridiculously huge and high in fat and calories?? Obesity may be frown upon, but some people do have an obesity problem in Japan, and you have noticed that obesity is becoming a problem there as well. Then there are the sumos...
              Americanization, spreading obesity around the world
              My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

              Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

              Comment


              • #27
                Re: Up being promoted at Tokyo Disneyland

                Wait, UP hasn't reached Japan yet?!
                The release of American movies in Japan, I've noticed, has been inconsistent lately. There are some movies released at the same time, or close to the same time, as the America release. Then, there are others, like Up, that is released much later.
                Japan's not the only country to get Up late. The movie only came out in the UK on the 1st of November. I guess a lot of it has to do with Japan being a top market for Disney/Pixar movies and the folks at Disney wanting to release it during a time where family's will have more time off. With the end of December being New Year and a lot of people having time off, the movie will likely stay in cinema's for a bit longer. Although doing it like this the company is kind of encouraging piracy.

                So? What's the big deal about that?
                Funny I have to ask myself the same question everytime you go off on one about the current state of WDW, only I'm not so rude as to publicly bring it up in a thread. I think the Up display is very nicely done, that not only helps promote the upcoming movie, but also takes an ordinary area of the park and turn it into a great little photo spot. And I'm happy to be able to post a thread on the topic here and discuss it with other members who happen to also view it in a positive way.

                In total worldwide gross? Almost impossible. But Up should still make comfortably more than $ 700 million (currently $ 667 million worldwide). Up is already the second highest grossing Pixar movie, not adjusting for inflation...but depending on the Japanese take it may well be the second highest grossing Pixar film worldwide even when adjusted for inflation (though worldwide inflation is very difficult calculate).
                Tasman where have you got the figures from, because Box Office Mojo is reporting Up's current Worldwide total is $506 million. Which is behind Wall E, Monsters Inc, Rataouille, The Incredibles and Finding Nemo. All Time Worldwide Box Office Grosses
                Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

                Comment


                • #28
                  Re: Up being promoted at Tokyo Disneyland

                  Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                  Oh yeah? Then why is Japan's Burger King selling the "Windows 7 Whopper" with 7 beef patties in it, and why is McDonald's selling the Mega Big Mac, which is ridiculously huge and high in fat and calories?? Obesity may be frown upon, but some people do have an obesity problem in Japan, and you have noticed that obesity is becoming a problem there as well. Then there are the sumos...
                  And sumos are respected for their size, too!
                  WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Re: Up being promoted at Tokyo Disneyland

                    Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                    Oh yeah? Then why is Japan's Burger King selling the "Windows 7 Whopper" with 7 beef patties in it, and why is McDonald's selling the Mega Big Mac, which is ridiculously huge and high in fat and calories?? Obesity may be frown upon, but some people do have an obesity problem in Japan, and you have noticed that obesity is becoming a problem there as well. Then there are the sumos...
                    A "Windows 7 Whopper".....with 7 patties!.....Holy Crap, I had no idea!

                    Still, may I point out that the Japanese treat their appearance in public quite aggressively. Any visitor to TDL can tell you that people of Japan treat going to Disneyland, or any sort of venue, like going to a wedding or a funeral;appearing very clean and proper in their Sunday best.I could easily see obesity in this sort of situation seen as....embarrassing?

                    Oh, and Sumos are overweight because of tradition and regulation.
                    Originally posted by ChrisFL View Post
                    Americanization, spreading obesity around the world
                    Along with infertility,illiteracy,STDs,racism, infant death or mutation,Scientology and improper use of firearms by an authority of the Law.
                    Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
                    Think of it as a third arm that magically
                    shoots bullets!

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Re: Up being promoted at Tokyo Disneyland

                      Check this out Mau5
                      http://gizmodo.com/5387448/japan-wel...whopper-burger

                      Originally posted by dead_Mau5 View Post
                      Still, may I point out that the Japanese treat their appearance in public quite aggressively. Any visitor to TDL can tell you that people of Japan treat going to Disneyland, or any sort of venue, like going to a wedding or a funeral;appearing very clean and proper in their Sunday best.I could easily see obesity in this sort of situation seen as....embarrassing?
                      I do not think they are embarrassed about being on the heavy side, or else, I would not see heavy set people out and about and trust me, I do.
                      As for proper dress codes.. well that pretty much applies to everyday life and not just people going out to a theme park. People in Japan are more conciencious of their appearance and live for showing off the latest trends in clothing. Sometimes I wish the americans and british, especially those who border on the heavy and obese side, would be mindful of this as well.
                      Last edited by TDLFAN; 11-22-2009, 06:15 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #31
                        Re: Up being promoted at Tokyo Disneyland

                        Originally posted by Malin View Post
                        Funny I have to ask myself the same question everytime you go off on one about the current state of WDW, only I'm not so rude as to publicly bring it up in a thread.
                        Was I "only rude"? Gee, I am loosing my touch. Will try harder next time.
                        But I will answer the "I have to ask myself the same question everytime you go off on one about the current state of WDW" part. That's because you have no expectations nor care about Disney standards or any standards for that matter. I mean, you are from Europe, and you people are about the "me, me, me" and worst! don't even pick up after yourselves when you eat at the counter service restaurants in DLP, or WDW for that matter. So what would you know about the Disney standards that should be prevalent across the board at all Disney parks worldwide? Hey, when are you posting your next character heavy photo album here?? You'd be glad to know there is more to the parks than just rubberheads. Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!
                        Last edited by TDLFAN; 11-22-2009, 10:00 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #32
                          Re: Up being promoted at Tokyo Disneyland

                          But I will answer the "I have to ask myself the same question everytime you go off on one about the current state of WDW" part. That's because you have no expectations nor care about Disney standards or any standards for that matter. I mean, you are from Europe, and you people are about the "me, me, me" and worst! don't even pick up after yourselves when you eat at the counter service restaurants in DLP, or WDW for that matter. So what would you know about the Disney standards that should be prevalent across the board at all Disney parks worldwide? Hey, when are you posting your next character heavy photo album here?? You'd be glad to know there is more to the parks than just rubberheads. Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!
                          Right after reading your rather amusing take on Europe and poor attempts at taking personal shots at me, you completely missed the fact you were meant to be answering a question.
                          But I will answer the "I have to ask myself the same question everytime you go off on one about the current state of WDW" part.
                          Unless your blaming the entire state of WDW on me, your clearly not giving much thought in what you type and in many ways, you have become a parody of yourself. As much as I love the attention your giving me TDLFAN, how can I take what you say seriously or give it any credibility when instead of arguing your point and discussing the parks, you would rather talk about me.

                          Maybe you could try and explain again why you repeat your views on WDW over and over again, without using it as an escuse to attack me this time...
                          Last edited by Malin; 11-22-2009, 03:24 PM.
                          Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

                          Comment


                          • #33
                            Re: Up being promoted at Tokyo Disneyland

                            Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                            Was I "only rude"? Gee, I am loosing my touch. Will try harder next time.
                            But I will answer the "I have to ask myself the same question everytime you go off on one about the current state of WDW" part. That's because you have no expectations nor care about Disney standards or any standards for that matter. I mean, you are from Europe, and you people are about the "me, me, me" and worst! don't even pick up after yourselves when you eat at the counter service restaurants in DLP, or WDW for that matter. So what would you know about the Disney standards that should be prevalent across the board at all Disney parks worldwide? Hey, when are you posting your next character heavy photo album here?? You'd be glad to know there is more to the parks than just rubberheads. Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!
                            You actually said "you people." You actually just generalized about a whole continent... What is the matter with you? Why do people listen to you? Maybe if you didn't get so many pats on the head for your occasionally interesting/helpful contributions, you wouldn't feel so entitled to behave this way. You insult so many people's contributions and interests, yet feel no shame about your own obsession with popcorn buckets and vile. I don't blame you anymore; this really is just how sick you are - you really do take perverse pleasure in making others uncomfortable and you make no effort to conceal it. At least, I guess, you are honest and transparent. No, I blame all the folks here who continue to either dismiss you privately or simply ignore you, and especially those who continue to tolerate and accept your cruelty because "that's just the way you are." This is a social message board; it is about community building and sharing. Your behavior is sociopathic and unacceptable. I don't care what anyone else tells you. You may be a "swell guy" deep deep deep deep deep deep deep down, but your behavior is consistently repulsive, disgusting, and contemptible. It distracts and detracts from the purpose of this community.
                            Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 11-22-2009, 04:22 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #34
                              Re: Up being promoted at Tokyo Disneyland

                              Originally posted by Malin View Post
                              Tasman where have you got the figures from, because Box Office Mojo is reporting Up's current Worldwide total is $506 million. Which is behind Wall E, Monsters Inc, Rataouille, The Incredibles and Finding Nemo. All Time Worldwide Box Office Grosses
                              Box Office Mojo is frequently behind with International Grosses. Box Office Guru is much better for this. However, Box Office Mojo is good for seeing the breakdown by country, and for anything related to domestic grosses.

                              Go to http://www.boxofficeguru.com/intl.htm for latest cumulative foreign grosses.
                              Last edited by tasman; 11-22-2009, 05:59 PM.
                              Down with the Hat

                              Comment


                              • #35
                                Re: Up being promoted at Tokyo Disneyland

                                *vomits a little in mouth*
                                Wow, that looks disgusting...I mean how the hell could you eat that...how could you eat that!
                                Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
                                Think of it as a third arm that magically
                                shoots bullets!

                                Comment


                                • #36
                                  Re: Up being promoted at Tokyo Disneyland

                                  Originally posted by tasman View Post
                                  Box Office Mojo is frequently behind with International Grosses. Box Office Guru is much better for this. However, Box Office Mojo is good for seeing the breakdown by country, and for anything related to domestic grosses.

                                  Go to boxofficegur.com for latest cumulative foreign grosses.

                                  www.boxofficeguru.com
                                  minor spelling error

                                  Comment


                                  • #37
                                    Re: Up being promoted at Tokyo Disneyland

                                    Originally posted by lighttragic View Post
                                    www.boxofficeguru.com
                                    minor spelling error
                                    Sorry for the typo...I'll edit my post, thanks.

                                    They've also just updated the foreign grosses - Up's worldwide take is now $ 672 million.
                                    Down with the Hat

                                    Comment


                                    • #38
                                      Re: Up being promoted at Tokyo Disneyland

                                      Originally posted by dead_Mau5 View Post
                                      *vomits a little in mouth*
                                      Wow, that looks disgusting...I mean how the hell could you eat that...how could you eat that!
                                      It is disgusting!!!

                                      Comment


                                      • #39
                                        Re: Up being promoted at Tokyo Disneyland

                                        No, I blame all the folks here who continue to either dismiss you privately or simply ignore you, and especially those who continue to tolerate and accept your cruelty because "that's just the way you are." This is a social message board; it is about community building and sharing. Your behavior is sociopathic and unacceptable. I don't care what anyone else tells you. You may be a "swell guy" deep deep deep deep deep deep deep down, but your behavior is consistently repulsive, disgusting, and contemptible. It distracts and detracts from the purpose of this community.
                                        Well writen DuffyDad, but I don't blame the other Members, I actually put all the blame on the forum moderators who continue to give him free control over what he writes and contributes to these boards, despite a number of his post going against the terms of condition's of the site. Some would consider his remarks to be borderline racism and in this thread rather insulting towards all Europeans, but the actual comments have yet to be taken down just further proves my point here. The only good thing to come out of this is that it shows him for what he really is a very insecure man.

                                        Box Office Mojo is frequently behind with International Grosses. Box Office Guru is much better for this. However, Box Office Mojo is good for seeing the breakdown by country, and for anything related to domestic grosses.

                                        Go to http://www.boxofficeguru.com/intl.htm for latest cumulative foreign grosses.
                                        Thanks for the link
                                        Last edited by Malin; 11-23-2009, 05:11 AM.
                                        Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

                                        Comment


                                        • #40
                                          Re: Up being promoted at Tokyo Disneyland

                                          Originally posted by Malin View Post
                                          Well writen DuffyDad, but I don't blame the other Members, I actually put all the blame on the forum moderators who continue to give him free control over what he writes and contributes to these boards, despite a number of his post going against the terms of condition's of the site. Some would consider his remarks to be borderline racism and in this thread rather insulting towards all Europeans, but the actual comments have yet to be taken down just further proves my point here. The only good thing to come out of this is that it shows him for what he really is a very insecure man.
                                          Thanks for the compliment, Malin, and I agree on all counts. You're right; it's the mods not the other members who aren't doing their jobs and who give preferential treatment. I just sometimes get really tired of feeling like I'm in the minority of people who really cares about the distraction. It regularly disturbs our community, costs us members, derails threads... I just can't understand why so many people - mods or not - seem to think it's a non-issue. I don't even report his posts, though, since it's pretty clear nobody cares. He, himself, has talked about how he's closely related with the site owners and can do whatever he wants.

                                          Comment

                                          Get Away Today Footer

                                          Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X