This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Captain EO Coming to TDL?

Yeah, I've seen Captain EO a couple of times since Jackson passed away. The film definitely needs an upgrade on the technical side. I just love to music from that movie. I still remembering watching it at Disneyland as a teen then seeing it for the last time on big screen at Tokyo Disneyland in 1995.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Comment

I think with technical updates and some interesting effects, plus heavy merchandising, Captain EO could definitely be permanent or at least very long-term at TDL. Michael Jackson has always been popular here, but after This Is It!, there's a whole new generation that loves him.
      Maybe long-term but I don't see it becoming a permanent addition mainly because its a film attraction that is already dated. Plus its original run proved that it only had a limited shelf life. My biggest issue with giving Captain EO a long run is that despite Michael Jackson's revival since his shocking death, and people making comparrison's to him being as big as Elvis, is that its still yet to be seen and while I'm sure us Disney geeks will have a blast seeing Captain EO back in the park on the screen, I'm not convinced people will want to see this movie for years to come despite his recent comeback. Michael Jackson has always been big, even though that dark era, after all he sold out the O2 Arena in London several times over earlier this year, and for me it won't be the person we'll miss but his outstanding contribution to music.
      Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

I think they'll bring EO back for a planned six-month run, which will be extended to several years as they fart around and try to figure out something else that won't cost too much but will fit into the same building.

Ditto for Disneyland as well.

In Walt Disney World, they'll just stick Captain EO back in and let it run for 12 years because they think no one gives a crap.

With Philharmagic opening in 2011, they'll need a new attraction at Tokyo Disneyland in 2012 or 2013 (the latter is more likely since Toy Story Mania will open in DisneySea in 2012). So, I would say you'll see something notable open in that theater in 2013--and it probably will not be a film-based attraction because of Philharmagic (you don't want to open two film-based attractions in a row). I have no clue what it might be at the moment.
        Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X