Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your view on how long you need to see the parks?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What is your view on how long you need to see the parks?

I would like to go to TDL, maybe in the next 2 or 3 weeks. I'm thinking that I probably need 2 days at each park, but with so much else in Japan (and never having been before) it's difficult to justify spending so much time at Disney. Would three days (one at Disneyland, two at DisneySea) be adequate, if I limited myself to only the rides at Disneyland which are different to the other parks? Thanks

Regards,

Re: What is your view on how long you need to see the parks?

Originally posted by Kingtravel View Post
    I would like to go to TDL, maybe in the next 2 or 3 weeks. I'm thinking that I probably need 2 days at each park, but with so much else in Japan (and never having been before) it's difficult to justify spending so much time at Disney. Would three days (one at Disneyland, two at DisneySea) be adequate, if I limited myself to only the rides at Disneyland which are different to the other parks? Thanks

Regards,
    It really depends on what the crowds are like. Weekdays are usually better if you want to try the three day plan. Do you want to do shows? How many people are in your party?
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

Comment

We just got back last week. We had 2 1/2 days. We certainly could have spent more time but I am happy with the time we spent. The first two days were extremely crowded but TDS was easier to do with crowds because there are less rides and three of them have single rider. Since it was just me and DS13 single rider worked for us and allowed us to do much more at TDS in a single day than others with a larger group or small children for whom single rider is not a good idea.

Our one TDL day was very crowded although on a weekday, and we were a bit soured on TDL because of it. We spent the final half day at TDS.

Two days is a bit too short and therefore three is about right. But for someone with more time there is certainly enough there to keep you busy for five days.

Comment

You need two full days at each park because you're going to want to go on certain rides repeatedly, and sample various restaurants. And who wants to rush on a vacation?

You don't need to go far to sample Japan: A day trip to Kamakura and sightseeing in Tokyo will give you enough for your first trip. Four days in Tokyo, four days at Disney.
        Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fukai View Post
          You need two full days at each park because you're going to want to go on certain rides repeatedly, and sample various restaurants. And who wants to rush on a vacation?

You don't need to go far to sample Japan: A day trip to Kamakura and sightseeing in Tokyo will give you enough for your first trip. Four days in Tokyo, four days at Disney.
          I only went to Kamakura recently and while I love the Kannon statue with the arahat at the temple we visited...name escapes...I'd take Meiji Shrine over it and save the time. The big Buddha is interesting. I like how the more you smile at him, the more he smiles back, but it's not an essential detour for me. If I was really gonna make a day trip out of Tokyo, I'd choose Hakone for atmosphere and classic Japanese town, and not miss the Little Prince Museum, either. I love the way the Japanese love things that are not Japanese, too. It's so Japanese!^^ Just my two yen.

Comment

I did three days, which was fine, and I didn't skip any of the rides I was familiar with from the North American parks. Three days should be fine for you, since you're willing to pass on a lot of attractions you've already been on.

A full day at TDL should be enough to see Hunny Hunt twice, Monsters Inc., and most of the shows/parades.

You should be able to see everything at DisneySea in a day.

For me, I spent the morning of my third day re-doing Hunny Hunt at TDL, and a few other things, before spending most of the afternoon/evening at DisneySea, re-riding attractions and enjoying the amazing atmosphere.
            My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

I did 4 days, which was enough time for me to do almost all the attractions, and a few things twice. We did not eat at all the first (TDL) day however, and we were helped by a downpour the third day that kept the crowds away. The last day of my trip I did go back for a twilight pass in order to do shopping and waffle-eating, which I hadn't been able to do earlier.

My ideal ticket schedule would be a 5 day pass, so that you could do 2 days at each park, and then one extra day where you could go back and forth, just eating and shopping at either. Alas...

Comment

Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
                A full day at TDL should be enough to see Hunny Hunt twice, Monsters Inc., and most of the shows/parades.
                Until the interest in MI dies down, I would highly advise skipping the MI ride. If you happen to go on a low crowd day and can fit it in, fine. Otherwise skip it. If we had we could have done the much, much better Hunny Hunt twice.

Comment

Kingtravel to answer your question it really depends on your preference and what you enjoy seeing and doing at the parks. If your only into attractions than you could possibly get by with two days, but if on the other hand you consider attractions to only be part of the full Disney park experience and enjoy meeting characters, taking pictures watching all the entertainment, purchasing merchandise and enjoying park cuisine you would likely need four days.
                  Last edited by Malin; 12-03-2009, 12:49 PM.
                  Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

We did a 6 day trip with 4 days at Disney for 3 people and that worked out just right for us.

Tuesday wasn't very crowded at the Sea, so we got in all the rides we wanted before it got very busy in the evening.....then Wednesday was a bit rainy, so we had a good day at the Land. Even though Thursday and Friday were more crowded - we didn't feel the frantic pressure to hit rides so were more able to see shows and enjoy soaking up the atmosphere!

We did play the Fastpass game as effectively as we could, and did a LOT of walking and standing in lines - wear good shoes or you'll be too worn out to do much outside of Disney!!

Our final two days were spent doing the city thing around Shinjuku. I can definitely support the endorsement for Meiji Shine! I do admit our plan was more relaxed as it's not such a long plane ride from Guam and we will visit some of the other areas (outside Tokyo) on our next trip!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X