X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Disneyland Park Facts

Tokyo Disneyland Park

Tokyo Disneyland Park: The first Magic kingdom style park to be made outside of the United States.

World Bazaar

World Bazaar: World Bazaar is the Tokyo name for Main Street U.S.A.
    Main Street Vehicles: The Horseless Carriage and the Fire Engine still exist, they were just moved to Tokyo Disney Sea.

Adventureland

Adventureland: Even though there isn't a New Orleans Square land in Tokyo Disneyland, Adventureland combines with NOS making a comnbination between the two.
    Pirates of the Caribbean: The facade is the same as the NOS style one in Disneyland, the only difference is that the Disney Gallery is located in World Bazaar and there are no staircase queue.
    Swiss Family Treehouse: Instead of opening with the park, it opened ten years later.
    Western River Railroad: This is the only railroad that is not located in Main Street and it is also the only one that doesn't circle the park. Western River Railroad has the only replica of Disneyland's Primeval World.
    Jungle Cruise: The scene where the skipper shoots at the hippos is edited with a toy gun that doesnt fine nothing since guns are illegal in Japan.
    The Enchanted Tiki Room: This Tiki Room no longer plays the original show, nore does it play the renovated WDW one, it has a Las Vegas themed show entitled "Get the Fever!"

Westernland

Westernland: Westernland is the Tokyo name for Frontierland.
    Big Thunder Mountain: The name does not contain Railroad like it does in the American parks.
    Country Bear Theater: The only Country Bear Jamboree to show all three shows year round.
    Out of the original four Magic Kingdom parks, Tokyo was they only one to nevr obtain a frontier keelboat attraction.

Critter Country

Critter Country: Debuted in 1992 as Tokyo Disneyland's first new land.
    Splash Mountain: The most colorful and beautiful out of the entire Splash Mountain roster.
    Beaver Bothers Explorer Canoes: Before Critter Country, the attraction was called Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes and was themed to Westernland.

Fantasyland

Fantasyland: This Fantasyland has a mixture between the old Fantasyland, the new 1983 Fantaslyland and the Fantasyland in Florida.
    The Haunted Mansion: The only Haunted Mansion that is located in Fantasyland. The facade is themed to the large one in Florida.
    Pinocchio's Daring Journey: This attraction opened a month before it was opened in California and is the only Tokyo Disneyland attraction to open before another one in another park.
    The Mickey Mouse Revue: This was moved from the Magic Kingdom in Florida and is the only attraction to feature an audio animatronic of Mickey Mouse.
    It's a Small World: Themed to the large facade in Disneyland California but the queue take place inside much like the Florida version
    Pooh's Hunny Hunt: The most lavish, unique, expensive and creative out of the entire Winnie the Pooh roster. The most popular attraction in Tokyo Disneyland park for the time being.
    Alice's Tea Party, Cinderella's Golden Carousel, and Cinderella Castle: All very similar to those of Florida.
    Cinderella's Castle Mystery Tour: The only Disney attraction to feature scenes from Disney's 25th masterpiece "The Black Cauldron".
    Peter Pan's Flight and Snow White's Adventures: Very similar to the ones in California but facades are the same as Florida.
    Dumbo the Flying Elephant: Themed to the Disneyland 1970's version.

Toontown
    Toontown: Everything in Toontown is exactly the same as the version Disneyland except for the fact that the right half should be on the left side and the left half should be on the right side.

If you know any more facts, please list them.

Tomorrowland facts coming in a short while.........................
    Last edited by DL_CRAZE; 11-03-2005, 04:28 PM.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Re: Tokyo Disneyland Park Facts

AdventurelandThe Jungle Cruise guns shoot a sound over the speaker like the WDW boats.

The Jungle Cruise travels clockwise (or opposite of WDW and DL).

Right inside the building at teh start of Pirate's queue there is a gallery of paintings of fameous Pirates...the "owners" of the mansion.

TomorrowlandBefore Hong Kong opened, Tokyo Disneyland was the only MK style park to open with Space Mountain.

The shop "Stellar Sweets" was once the Tomorrowland Skyway station.

World BazzarClub 33 is located above World Bazzar.

Westernland
    The Mark Twain Riverboat used to take an E-Ticket.

Tom Sawyer's Island still distributes souvenir maps.

There is a drink galley, the "Cantina" on TSI.

This is fun.

Comment

Re: Tokyo Disneyland Park Facts: Very Interesting Read

Originally posted by DL_CRAZE

Splash Mountain: The most colorful and beautiful out of the entire Splash Mountain roster.
      More of an opinion rather than fact, but I whole heartedly agree. It also seems to be maintained to a much higher degree than any other Splash Mountain. This is particularly true for WDW's version which is in an abysmal state, a condition made worse by the terrible humidity and moisture that make for an uncomfortable ride.

Comment

No mention of the (now closed) Meet the World, the attraction based on Carousel of Progress that taught visitors about Japan's interactions with outside cultures?

Comment

and TDL has honey flavored popcorn.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaming Cabin
            and TDL has honey flavored popcorn.
            ..in addition to caramel, salted, coconut, curry and strawberry flavored popcorn.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN
              ..in addition to caramel, salted, coconut, curry and strawberry flavored popcorn.
              ooh.....don't forget Sea Salt, and my personal favorite.....Black Pepper popcorn!! YUM!!

Comment

Sea Salt and Cappucino popcorn are sold only at TDS, but no Black pepper popcorn is sold at TDR. I do however *love* black pepper popcorn and buy it often at the convenience stores in Japan.

Comment

Sea Salt and Cappucino popcorn are sold only at TDS, but no Black pepper popcorn is sold at TDR. I do however *love* black pepper popcorn and buy it often at the convenience stores in Japan.
                  oh yeah.......i forgot that this thread was about TDL only...oops. Black Pepper Popcorn is served at TDS. Here is a pic:
                  http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/5...kpepper7yn.jpg

Not a full image of the cart, however you can see it says Black Pepper.

Comment

If you guys keep it up, Disney is going to start listing "popcorn" as an attraction at the Hong Kong and Tokyo Disney parks.

Comment

Originally posted by villain
                      oh yeah.......i forgot that this thread was about TDL only...oops. Black Pepper Popcorn is served at TDS. Here is a pic:
                      http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/5...kpepper7yn.jpg

Not a full image of the cart, however you can see it says Black Pepper.
                      OMG! I have never seen that cart selling Black Pepper popcorn, and I honestly don't remember seeing a popcorn cart at that location anymore..which is the front of Arabian Nights, by the bridge connecting to Mermaid Lagoon. I will have to check to see if this flavor is still available or if it was there only during a special event or limited time.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
                        If you guys keep it up, Disney is going to start listing "popcorn" as an attraction at the Hong Kong and Tokyo Disney parks.
                        It'll go great with the sausage cart in TDS which is practically an attraction for the Japanese anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
                          While they almost are good enough to be an attraction at Tokyo, Hong Kong needs them to look like they have sufficient attractions and neither Tokyo park needs to list them as attractions. Even though I know you were joking, just thought I would say that. By the way, you forgot Soda popcorn! That's my favorite!!

Comment

Any other Tokyo delicacies??? I mean, they must have some great food besides popcorn.

I for one, wish the Tahitian Terrace and Chinese Restaurant on Main Street setup at Hong Kong would be replicated in the identical building in Anaheim.

Comment

There are many delicacies unique to TDL... Strawverry and lemon churros...but not sure if they still sell them. Also, during special events, many limited time special food treats are sold (cakes, cookies, mousse, etc etc) and many come with souvenir cups or plates that are concidered must have collector items..

Comment

See honestly none of that sounds good to me. Give me my dole whips and Tollhouse cookies.

I wonder TDLFan, is the wafflehouse still a hugely popular restaurant?

Comment

Yes, the Great American Waffle Company is still a crazy place. It is almost impossible to find a seat there, usually with people watching like vultures for a table to open up and then swooping on it and guarding it from others, while their friends put in orders at the counter. Wow. . .run on sentence anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb
                                    See honestly none of that sounds good to me. Give me my dole whips and Tollhouse cookies.
                                    Well... I am not one to give up my Tollhouse or have a whip, but you definitely need to try some of those goodies at TDL... they are so so so so so so so GOOD!!! It will honestly surprise you how yummy they are!!

As for the Waffle House.... packed almost everytime.

Comment

Well as for Tokyo delicacies, basically everything is. My favorite cart goodie is the gyoza sausage buns, no matter how much some people think they are overrated. I'm a huge gyoza fan and love those! Also the Lost River Cookhouse that opened with Raging Spirits features a "Mango Drink" (that's really what it's called). It's got mango juice, grape jelly, tapioca, and something else that I can't remember. The texture and look may be weird but I love it! It was very popular, I went two days after Raging Spirits opened.
                                      Last edited by DisneySeaFan; 11-16-2005, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Well...but you definitely need to try some of those goodies at TDL... .
                                        ) Lol I'll have to get to TDL first, but I guess I might as well eat funky things when I am there.

Comment

Working...
                                        X