• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lashbear
    replied
    Re: Tokyo Disneyland Park Facts

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    There are many delicacies unique to TDL... lemon churros.....
    Lemon Churros = :yuck: :thumbdown

Sorry - but their "Lemon Pledge" fragrance (reminiscent of those bathroom urinal lollies) was enough to put me off.

but Sea Salt Icecream........... MMMmmmm Mm !! :bow: (Is that TDL as well or only TDS?) Oh, and Honey Ice-cream in a Pooh-Hunny-Pot is super too, even if it was SOOOO Frozen that we were able to buy it, queue up for and ride on It's A Small World, and it STILL hadn't thawed !!!

-Rob.

Er, facts. The gift shop sells long thin sticks with a disney character on top, and a bend/hook at the end designed to poke into your ear to remove ear-wax.

"Hi Unca Rob, what did you bring us back from Tokyo Disneyland?"
    "A Donald Duck Ear-Wax Remover."

:blink:

Leave a comment:

• Hilsbro
    replied

Well TDS is the only Disney park running a 20,000 leagues ride...Even after the nemo opens up over here @ DLR it will remain the only one...

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

Is this the spelling and semantics thread, I missed something along the way.

Leave a comment:

• Tom319
    replied

Originally posted by nish221
    More seriously in topic: World Showcase in TDL is the only "covered" "Main street"
    Word Bazaar

Leave a comment:

• nish221
    replied

More seriously in topic: World Showcase in TDL is the only "covered" "Main street"

Leave a comment:

• nish221
    replied

honto?
    ^^
    O

TDLFAN: it's supposed to be "MERI-I KURISUMASU & AKEMA****E OMEDETOO!!!"

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Yes I did. I was joking with you. But I prefer "sososososo..." more localized and informal.

Leave a comment:

• DisneySeaFan
    replied

So Disney???
    No, So-Desu-Ne. It would be the equivalent of "I see" or "I get it" but I'm thinking you already knew that:lmao:.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

So Disney???

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

So Des Ne!

Leave a comment:

• tloolgb
    replied

Well...but you definitely need to try some of those goodies at TDL... .
    ) Lol I'll have to get to TDL first, but I guess I might as well eat funky things when I am there.

Leave a comment:

• DisneySeaFan
    replied

Well as for Tokyo delicacies, basically everything is. My favorite cart goodie is the gyoza sausage buns, no matter how much some people think they are overrated. I'm a huge gyoza fan and love those! Also the Lost River Cookhouse that opened with Raging Spirits features a "Mango Drink" (that's really what it's called). It's got mango juice, grape jelly, tapioca, and something else that I can't remember. The texture and look may be weird but I love it! It was very popular, I went two days after Raging Spirits opened.
    Last edited by DisneySeaFan; 11-16-2005, 03:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Originally posted by tloolgb
    See honestly none of that sounds good to me. Give me my dole whips and Tollhouse cookies.
    Well... I am not one to give up my Tollhouse or have a whip, but you definitely need to try some of those goodies at TDL... they are so so so so so so so GOOD!!! It will honestly surprise you how yummy they are!!

As for the Waffle House.... packed almost everytime.

Leave a comment:

• ErikInTheCity
    replied

Yes, the Great American Waffle Company is still a crazy place. It is almost impossible to find a seat there, usually with people watching like vultures for a table to open up and then swooping on it and guarding it from others, while their friends put in orders at the counter. Wow. . .run on sentence anyone?

Leave a comment:

• tloolgb
    replied

See honestly none of that sounds good to me. Give me my dole whips and Tollhouse cookies.

I wonder TDLFan, is the wafflehouse still a hugely popular restaurant?

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

There are many delicacies unique to TDL... Strawverry and lemon churros...but not sure if they still sell them. Also, during special events, many limited time special food treats are sold (cakes, cookies, mousse, etc etc) and many come with souvenir cups or plates that are concidered must have collector items..

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

Any other Tokyo delicacies??? I mean, they must have some great food besides popcorn.

I for one, wish the Tahitian Terrace and Chinese Restaurant on Main Street setup at Hong Kong would be replicated in the identical building in Anaheim.

Leave a comment:

• DisneySeaFan
    replied

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    If you guys keep it up, Disney is going to start listing "popcorn" as an attraction at the Hong Kong and Tokyo Disney parks.
    While they almost are good enough to be an attraction at Tokyo, Hong Kong needs them to look like they have sufficient attractions and neither Tokyo park needs to list them as attractions. Even though I know you were joking, just thought I would say that. By the way, you forgot Soda popcorn! That's my favorite!!

Leave a comment:

• tloolgb
    replied

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    If you guys keep it up, Disney is going to start listing "popcorn" as an attraction at the Hong Kong and Tokyo Disney parks.
    It'll go great with the sausage cart in TDS which is practically an attraction for the Japanese anyways.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Originally posted by villain
    oh yeah.......i forgot that this thread was about TDL only...oops. Black Pepper Popcorn is served at TDS. Here is a pic:
    http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/5...kpepper7yn.jpg

Not a full image of the cart, however you can see it says Black Pepper.
    OMG! I have never seen that cart selling Black Pepper popcorn, and I honestly don't remember seeing a popcorn cart at that location anymore..which is the front of Arabian Nights, by the bridge connecting to Mermaid Lagoon. I will have to check to see if this flavor is still available or if it was there only during a special event or limited time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X