Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Best viewing locations for Fantasmic (+ Mythica + Electrical Parade)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Best viewing locations for Fantasmic (+ Mythica + Electrical Parade)

Now that Fantasmic has been running for a few months, I'm hoping that someone will be able to answer my question. Where are the best places to view Fantasmic from?

I've watched videos but it's difficult to work out exactly where they were taken from. I know it's supposed to be visible from all around the lagoon, but the position of the floats, volcano and magic mirror make it look to me that the viewing angle may be important. Where are the best places to watch it from? How important is it to be in a specific spot? And what's the view like from the fortress?

I'm not really one for 'staking out a spot' and waiting - I'd rather enjoy myself and turn up at the last minute.

The same question also goes for Legend of Mythica.

Also, over in Disneyland are there any particularly good/bad spots to see the Electrical Parade?

Many thanks, knowledgeable people!

Re: Best viewing locations for Fantasmic (+ Mythica + Electrical Parade)

Just got back from 8 days of Tokyo Disney...
    People started waiting around 630 for front row spots for Fantasmic. We would show up around 730 and still find a decent first row standing spot.
    It is best to watch Fantasmic towards the entrance near the center. There is a wheelchair section near there towards the restaurant side of the Harbor and that is probably the best spot for this show if you can stand behind them.

The Legend of Mythica is my favorite show there, I watched it everyday. The best is from Lido Isle (Minnie's Section) or the Center (Goofy's Section) You have to wait for about 20 minutes for a decent spot for Minnie but Goofy you can get a spot about 10 minutes before showtime. It was just to hot to wait for Mythica, it looks like there is no one there to watch it but as soon as it starts it starts to fill up.

Same thing happened for Jubilation, we got a front row spot 15 mins before step off.

Cool the Heat shows in front of the castle and lido isle were packed 30 mins before show.

The first few days of my visit no one was there but as the week went on it got towards their summer break and lines jumped from 5mins to 45mins so I'm not sure how accurate this information will be when you get there.

Have fun! It's amazing no matter where you watch the shows from they are so big.

Comment

I can tell you where NOT to watch it ... from the back. I was thinking a position on the bridge walkway on the left side might be accessible with minimal wait (compared to the front Mediterranean Harbor area which I would expect would get crowded), I might try that next time (if I go back). We ended up somewhat in the back on the left side (were walking along, saw CM waving people in). Some things were obscured, then again it's not like we waited more than 10 min. anyway.

1974 WDW
      2006 WDW
      2008 DLR
      2011 TDR

Comment

This is actually a very good question. And I'm interested also in knowing the best spot to enjoy Fantasmic?
        Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

For those with young kids, there is a kids-only viewing area with a primo view. It's on the water, on the side near the gelato shop. Parents are not allowed in, but of course need to collect the kids after the show. We stumbled upon this by accident.
          http://www.wdwip.com: The Walt Disney World International Programs Website

Comment

I am here today. The best location for Fantasmic is in front of the main entrance where guests can sit there and enjoy the show without standing. Another location must stand all the time and difficult to see if we are on the back.
            P/s: Just a reminder: For saving electricity, air conditioning are keeping warm until now (I think around 28-30), so i can't stop sweating through my clothes and hair even I stand inside the shops. Some shops and all restrooms are no air-conditioning. Even inside the Hotels, it's too hot ..... Only table restaurants are better....
            Last edited by Duyanh92; 07-18-2011, 08:21 AM.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
            Instagram
            Flickr
            Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by steve76 View Post
              Now that Fantasmic has been running for a few months, I'm hoping that someone will be able to answer my question. Where are the best places to view Fantasmic from?
              Hi. I am new to this site so I hope I can help you. The best spot to see TDS Fantasmic is standing at fence immediately behind "Vacation Package guests" exclusive viewing area for the show. This area is located in front of the Gelati (ice cream) shop, at lagoon's edge. This spot will affort you great views of the show and you are at the closest spot to the main stages and sorcerer hat. AVOID!!: the back area by Fortress castle, Lido isle stage, area by Portofino Cafe, and the center area closest to park entrance.

I'm not really one for 'staking out a spot' and waiting - I'd rather enjoy myself and turn up at the last minute.
              If that is the case then, you may have to sacrifice a good show view and enjoy a partial view of the show from the "cheap seats" because the best areas to fully enjoy the show will be occupied about 2 hrs before show time.

The same question also goes for Legend of Mythica.
              I recommend Lido Isle.. but need to be there early.

Also, over in Disneyland are there any particularly good/bad spots to see the Electrical Parade?
              Seemed to me you could watch it from most spots throughout the parade route, but I prefer standing or seated in front of Diamond Horseshow building in Westernland, near the Snow White Grotto.

Comment

I have a copy of July's entertainment time's guide straight from TDS (July 8-31), and it says this about Fantasmic!:

Please refrain from staying on Lido Isle to wait for this show.

Depending on the wind and viewing location, smoke from the special effects may make it hard to see the show and water may spray over some areas. Also, ash from the pyrotechnics may fall in some areas.
                That second part is repeated under the Legend of Mythica section.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the information!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X