This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News ディズニー夏祭り=Disney Natsu Matsuri (Summer Festival) Commercial

TDR has posted a commercial for its new Disney Natsu Matsuri event. Although it is a short commercial, it really looks like a lot of fun.

I especially like the character's summer costumes and Mickey playing the Taiko(traditional Japanese drum). Mickey in Japan is really a multi-talented mouse! Oh Boy!!!

12070301 |

Re: ディズニー夏祭り=Disney Natsu Matsuri (Summer Festival) Commercial

I watched this the other day, very cute. Does the commercial convey to the audience what the event is about?

:love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Comment

Originally posted by TravisMT81 View Post
      Does the commercial convey to the audience what the event is about?
      The narrator just says: "The number one summer event has arrived! For the first time ever, Disney Summer Festival... Tokyo Disneyland"

The images show things associated with traditional Japanese summer activities suh as Chouchin(paper lanterns), obon odori(traditional obon festival dancing), taiko(Japanese drum), uchiwa(Japanese fan used during summer and also during obon dance), hachimaki(Japanese headband) and yukata(casual and lightweight kimono style garment worn during the summer).

Can't tell what the specific event activities are. My guess is there will be Disneyfied traditional matsuri(festival) type activities.

If you want to learn more about Japanese matsuri look at the following link, particularly at the summer matsuri.

Japanese festivals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Just a couple more days!!
        Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
        https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

Comment

Oh, this looks a lot of fun, I hope there are videos up in youtube about it... too bad I won't be watching this since I arrive at Japan 10 days later
          Trips:
          DLR: 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009 may
          WDW: 1993,1994, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2011
          DLP: 1996, 2002, June 2009
          TDL: July 2008, July 2010
          HKDL: wishing it will be soon

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X