This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christmas at Tokyo Disney Resort 2012

Big Band Beat is one of the best shows I've ever seen...I bet a Christmas version is amazingly fantastic.

Comment

Wow, it never even occurred to me that the magazine publisher might not like that. It just always seemed like a nice way to share information with fans who live outside Japan and might have a hard time ever seeing them. Now that you've put it like that, I guess I won't do it anymore either.

The new Christmas stuff does look great. I'm optimistic about the harbor show at DisneySEA, though a bit disappointed the trees don't appear to have the interactive download function this year. Disneyland looks fun, too, as I love the Santa Village theming. And some of the menu options, like cookies and muffins, look authentically traditional. This is my favorite Duffy Christmas release ever, which is especially exciting because Halloween didn't connect with me as much as last year.

Comment

Originally posted by dizneydogs View Post
        I was hoping for a Gingerbread shaped popcorn bucket too - maybe next year, but the Snowman Mickey one is adorable!
        Yeah, I have to admit he is a cutie. The only thing I'm not really fond of is the way it opens. Would've preferred if it opened from the back side of his head. (think Easter Wonderland's 2011 buckets) I'll probably still get it since it's in the shape of the character and I really love those since they're more unique. I'm still conflicted on the other one... it's essentially the same bucket. Some change in colors and a different topper. Nice for those who missed out on last years, or really liked the design, but to me it feels like a double-dip. More pictures will probably help.

Comment

I forgot to post this when I organized the links. Here's TDS's Souvenir Cup and Plate. Really nice.

Comment

@Danimated - I like your avatar I was going to use that same image as mine after Halloween is over now I'll have to find another one LOL

Comment

Awe, sorry. You should still use it since it would likely be different enough. Probably even better since most of the time you "cut" the characters out of the background/border. (like your current sig) I don't know how to do that but I got creative and painted red carefully around the image. Your call, I wouldn't mind if we match.

Comment

I use a program called GIMP it's a free download and works a lot like photoshop

Comment

Ah, interesting. Thanks for the info.

Here's a preview of the goods Japan Disney Store will have:

Slightly underwhelming so far. The Uni Snowman Bears are kinda cute, though.

Comment

Cover for the December DisneyFan:

I was hoping for something Christmasy, but it's still nice. Here's a few merchandise pics.

Comment

First look at the tree on the harbor via @mark_harasi1120 on twitter

https://twitter.com/mark_harasi1120/.../photo/1/large
                      Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
                      https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

Comment

Looks great! Defiantly the Fantasmic! Hat Barge. Will be in Japan on Saturday, can't wait!

Comment

The photo looks like it was taken at the best possible angle to minimize seeing the tilt. Most viewing angles will have a leaning Christmas tree.

I am surprised that a tilted Christmas tree was determined to be acceptable.

Comment

Pretty tree!

Hotel page has been updated. Here's a look at the cocktail drinking glasses:

Nice!

Found a page of DisneyFan. I love the snowman pouch, mainly because of Pablo! Those pajamas look nice too, if a bit out of my budget.

There was also another page but its already been removed. I saw a couple of items that are re-releases. The Pablo plush (third time, nothing new about it. ) Donald Snowman plush and the Mickey & Minnie Snowman Light Up Pendants.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger55 View Post
                              The photo looks like it was taken at the best possible angle to minimize seeing the tilt. Most viewing angles will have a leaning Christmas tree.

I am surprised that a tilted Christmas tree was determined to be acceptable.
                              As I said before when others insisted that the central tree would not be the Hat, I really believe that the levels rotate so that it will align straight. I guess this will also make it taller. We'll know soon, I guess.

Originally posted by Danimated View Post
                              …The Pablo plush (third time, nothing new about it. ) Donald Snowman plush and the Mickey & Minnie Snowman Light Up Pendants.
                              I didn't think they had done the badge version yet. Anyway, I missed it, so I'm glad.:blush:

Comment

I'd like someone please look at this picture I have linked and explain to me how these polygon shaped tilted display panels can be rotated or manipulated to become vertical and squared off. If there is a way for that to be done, that would explain how a tilted hat can become a perfectly upright tree.

I have an engineering degree, so a technical explanation would be fine.

Kudos to the WDI Imagineers who anticipated the need for this amazing transformation to a tree at the time they designed and built the Fantasmic! hat several years ago.

Thanks.

Fantasmic! (@Tokyo Disney SEA) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Comment

CD covers for TDS and TDL.

Disney Store preview from DisneyFan. Still not feeling it. It's nice and all but nothing really grabs me. Have to admit, I prefer the US theme over this.

Comment

DeepDisney has merchandise and store front window pics up - so cute!!!

---------- Post added 11-01-2012 at 12:40 PM ----------

Comment

Cute, cute, CUTE!!

OLC never disappoints. Love that the small gingerbread plushies come in a gift box, that's so adorable and unique! Looks like the small (and maybe larger) snowman plushies recieved a fabric change. The biggest clue is their smile is more noticeable. Huge improvement! That's the main reason I would always pass on them as I didn't think they were cute enough. I did have the smaller plush ornaments to make up for it, though. Now I have to get these! Donald looks to have gotten the same treatment, too. If true, I'm relieved I didn't go for him last year. Same with the gingerbreads, now I can get Mickey with a hat!

Man, look where all my money is going to go...

Comment

Shopping Bags

Comment

Just like the Halloween shopping bags, these aren't dated either. That's a bad sign.
                                          Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X