Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues

The MiceChat staff is listening to your PM's and the notes provided in the flagged posts. We will provide more information in a post that will be published no later than Sunday night, 6/23/19. The link will be provided here.
See more
See less

Tokyo Disney Resort 30th Anniversary 'The Happiness Year' 4/15/2013 through 3/20/2014

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tokyo Disney Resort 30th Anniversary 'The Happiness Year' 4/15/2013 through 3/20/

Can't wait to see what Steven and his team cooked up this time!!!

Comment

• Re: Tokyo Disney Resort 30th Anniversary 'The Happiness Year' 4/15/2013 through 3/20/

Originally posted by bradk View Post
      I instagrammed some merchandise pics from the May issue of Disney Fan, let me know if you need something better, have questions. You can find them at Instagram
      Wow, thanks a bunch for that! Always love seeing merchandise from Japan!

Here are the luggage charms that will be exclusive to the hotel. Tempting, but not as cute as the other customizable item I've gushed about.

Comment

those are rather cute. do you need to be staying at the hotel to purchase them?

ETA: okay, google translate worked unfortunately. appears you have to be.

Comment

Just left the resort a few days ago from a 3 day dream trip. Both dry mornings I was there you could hear Happiness is Here BLASTING through the speakers. Got a glimpse of the floats as well just above the trees! Can't wait for its premiere.

Comment

Originally posted by Rave View Post
            Just left the resort a few days ago from a 3 day dream trip. Both dry mornings I was there you could hear Happiness is Here BLASTING through the speakers. Got a glimpse of the floats as well just above the trees! Can't wait for its premiere.
            Is BLASTING a good or bad thing???? I think the 30th theme song is at a higher volume than all the other theme songs. I hope it doesn't blast people out of TDL!!! Any Pics????? What did the audio sound like???

Has anyone heard any rumors of when HIH will open? I mean before the 15th. TDL just went though a weekend with no Day Parade. What date before April 15th 2008 did J! open?????

Comment

they're apparently running it on the 12 & 13 for a recruited crowd, that's why the park is closing at 6 pm those days.

Comment

Tommorow at 3pm it looks like! I'll post video after the parade from my phone and upload photo's a little after if they run it!
                Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
                https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

Comment

Just uploaded happiness is here onto YouTube. The links are on my twitter!

Comment

Link to your Twitter?

Comment

Oops sorry just got home!

My twitter is @DreamSweetsLove

But here are the direct links now that I'm at a computer:

Apologies in advance for the quality, it's shot from my cell so I could upload right after the parade and so I could take photos at the same time!
                      Last edited by DreamSweetsLove; 04-08-2013, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Deep Disney's video is up and of course it's fantastic!

Comment

Cool looking retro styled parade, very similar vibe to SoundSational. I would guess that Jody Daily and Kevin Kidney helped design it.

Interesting to see them re-use elements from parades in the US like the Merry-Go-Round Horses, the finding Nemo Puppets, etc.

Comment

From what I know, Kevin and Jody DID design this parade for TDL.

And here's another video, which I think is a little better quality than Deep Disney's:

Comment

• Comment

Thank you for all the videoes! I loved seeing the parade. I really loved the Pooh float. All the floats are wonderful!!!

Comment

Yes, I believe Jody Daily and Kevin Kidney did design the look of the parade. (Same as Soundsational).
                                  It definitely reflects their love of nostalgia, early 20th century Disney toys, and their signature 2-d flat, illustrative whimsical aesthetic.

Steven Davison's facebook page has a little info on who worked on it.

As for re-using parade elements from before, why not? If it works, it works.

And as for Marie, I don't know if they're exactly trying to 'make her hello kitty'. They have a great cat character (3 here to be exact)...why not use them? Yes, the Japanese love the character, but I believe that also reflects certain Asian cultural attractions/meanings to cats.
                                  Plus, in this parade, she's actually represented alongside her two brothers. Having all three the Aristocats is great (and nice to see they developed full costumes for them all...perhaps they'll get to show up in other parks and parades).

As for the parade, I just think Steven, and certainly Jody and Kevin, made an effort to bring out some rarer characters/films. And it's great!!!

Comment

Okay, this may be a silly point, but with the last big float, the one with all the "balloons" the first thing I thought was "So, are they bringing balloons back to the park? Or is there still a helium shortage?" Anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by LizCatMom View Post
                                      Okay, this may be a silly point, but with the last big float, the one with all the "balloons" the first thing I thought was "So, are they bringing balloons back to the park? Or is there still a helium shortage?" Anybody?
                                      Nope. There's still a helium shortage. Seems like there will be no balloons for years, maybe forever. Are they still selling balloons in other Disney parks? Such a shame. Kinda deflates the whole theme.

Comment

I'm having mixed feelings on the parade, the floats are really nice as would be expected but I'm not sure they flow together, some have a musical theme that looks like it was designed for Soundsational and having the different elements of Soundsational, Flights of Fantasy, and Pixar Play Parade seems a bit lazy. I think I was just expecting balloons to play a bigger roll in the float designs not just the finale float.

Comment

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                                          Nope. There's still a helium shortage. Seems like there will be no balloons for years, maybe forever. Are they still selling balloons in other Disney parks? Such a shame. Kinda deflates the whole theme.
                                          I know, right? I remember seeing the theme early on, which is cute, but it just makes me think "Geez, great, remind me of something that you used to have, but I can no longer get!" I remember specifically it being a end-of-the-day kind of treat to let the girls pick out a balloon on our walk down back Main Street as we were leaving. It was a way to take the magic with us!

Comment

Working...
                                          X