Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Tokyo Disney Resort 30th Anniversary 'The Happiness Year' 4/15/2013 through 3/20/2014

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tokyo Disney Resort 30th Anniversary 'The Happiness Year' 4/15/2013 through 3/20/

Originally posted by imagineerthat View Post
    I'm having mixed feelings on the parade, the floats are really nice as would be expected but I'm not sure they flow together, some have a musical theme that looks like it was designed for Soundsational and having the different elements of Soundsational, Flights of Fantasy, and Pixar Play Parade seems a bit lazy. I think I was just expecting balloons to play a bigger roll in the float designs not just the finale float.
    I disagree that re-using elements from previous parades "seems a bit lazy". Nothing lazy about it at all. Why re-create the wheel for every production, especially when Steven's team has multiple parade productions in development all the time. If a show element works, and it naturally fits the concept...why not re-use/re-dress it? It's not like they just threw it in there...it fits the overall concept of this particular production.
    If there's overlap with Soundsational, it's probably because Jody and Kevin designed both...and they have a very distinct style which both parades reflect.

And I think the concept is meant to be a little looser than say Jubilation!...which was one basic long scenic parade that "went with the flow".
    Happiness seems to be centered more around various elements of whimsy and childhood - carousel horses, balloons, toys, etc.

Comment

• Re: Tokyo Disney Resort 30th Anniversary 'The Happiness Year' 4/15/2013 through 3/20/

Did HIH show on the 9th? I think I saw on twitter that is was going to be windy on the 9th. (it was a translation so who knows) Just wondering if HIH has any more weather rules than J! did.

Comment

You are right it did not show yesterday because of the wind. The last float in the parade is huge so I was wondering the same thing but it's hard to say. The wind suddenly picked up and was very strong about 20 minutes before the parade so I think if Jubi! were still running it would have been cancelled too. I will go today to try again!!
        Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
        https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

Comment

I broke the news here last summer that Kevin and Jody were doing the parade.

Dreamsweatslove: are they running the parade daily now unless there's "weather" of some kind?
          Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fukai View Post
            I broke the news here last summer that Kevin and Jody were doing the parade.

Dreamsweatslove: are they running the parade daily now unless there's "weather" of some kind?
            Not daily, I think either today or tomorrow should be the last day for sneak. There is a rumor about a different preview though that may happen very soon..

Comment

Rats! I'll miss the rest of the sneak. Thanks for the info and see you on the 15th.
              Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fukai View Post
                Rats! I'll miss the rest of the sneak. Thanks for the info and see you on the 15th.
                See you on the 15th!

Comment

Originally posted by DreamSweetsLove View Post
                  Not daily, I think either today or tomorrow should be the last day for sneak. There is a rumor about a different preview though that may happen very soon..
                  For HIH?, The Other 30th events ??? or a Surprise????????

Comment

Originally posted by DreamSweetsLove View Post
                    You are right it did not show yesterday because of the wind. The last float in the parade is huge so I was wondering the same thing but it's hard to say. The wind suddenly picked up and was very strong about 20 minutes before the parade so I think if Jubi! were still running it would have been cancelled too. I will go today to try again!!
                    Oh good! I was hoping HIH wouldn't be a more difficult parade to perform in weather!

Comment

DeepDisney has merchandise pics up with some things we hadn't seen previewed yet - lots of nice looking items! Have fun all of you that are there or will be there shortly!

Comment

Just offering my humble contribution, but I got to see the amazing Happiness is Here parade yesterday and posted photos:

PHOTOS: 'Happiness Is Here' Parade from Tokyo Disneyland - Disney News by StitchKingdom.com

Also, this is probably no shocker but was to me. The limited edition stuff is available to annual passholders and funderful disney members only, at least the Mickey figure is. they also told me he's made to order.

Out of the items I found yesterday, one of the most popular appears to be the special edition Coca-Cola bottle. I believe it's 800 yen.

Also, the magic shop (which has tons of Disney-themed magic items -- something the US doesn't have), has several items branded for the anniversary, not available anywhere else (that I've seen).

Comment

Originally posted by bradk View Post
                          Just offering my humble contribution, but I got to see the amazing Happiness is Here parade yesterday and posted photos:

PHOTOS: 'Happiness Is Here' Parade from Tokyo Disneyland - Disney News by StitchKingdom.com

Also, this is probably no shocker but was to me. The limited edition stuff is available to annual passholders and funderful disney members only, at least the Mickey figure is. they also told me he's made to order.

Out of the items I found yesterday, one of the most popular appears to be the special edition Coca-Cola bottle. I believe it's 800 yen.

Also, the magic shop (which has tons of Disney-themed magic items -- something the US doesn't have), has several items branded for the anniversary, not available anywhere else (that I've seen).
                          Brad, Im enjoying the updates! Have you seen Berlioz or Toulouse out for meetings yet, or parade only? I also heard Roger Rabbit might be appearing as part of the 30th, would love to know. And the million dollar question - seen Angel yet???
                          Last edited by asianway; 04-11-2013, 09:19 AM. Reason: add

Comment

Originally posted by dizneydogs View Post
                            DeepDisney has merchandise pics up with some things we hadn't seen previewed yet - lots of nice looking items!
                            It's all so beautiful. :gladsad: So much cuteness!! Here's the direct link.

Originally posted by dizneydogs View Post
                            Have fun all of you that are there or will be there shortly!
                            Ditto. Wish I were going.

Comment

Originally posted by asianway View Post
                              Brad, Im enjoying the updates! Have you seen Berlioz or Toulouse out for meetings yet, or parade only? I also heard Roger Rabbit might be appearing as part of the 30th, would love to know. And the million dollar question - seen Angel yet???
                              I had heard Roger had already been out. For Easter I guess? I've only been to TDL for a day and a half and the only meet & greets I've seen so far have been for Mickey and Minnie. Right now though I'm focusing on experiencing the attractions. I'm hoping things will get ramped up next week.

Right now the parks are very slow, so I don't think that helps the cause

ETA: Oops. I did also catch glimpses of Woody, Jessie, Green Army Men, and Mr. & Mrs. Incredible

Comment

Originally posted by bradk View Post

and also by lottery based on this pic from deepdisney

Comment

they didn't say anything about a lottery for it -- they made it sound like the opposite, but pretty much the bottom line is I'm not getting one... but I'll live

Comment

MagicDelivery now has almost all the merchandise listed. Here are the links:

Happiness Balloons / Gold Costume
                                    Mickey Through The Years
                                    Pins / Limited Items
                                    Sweets & Snacks
                                    Souvenir Menu Items

Wow, a wind chime, USB flash drive, lenticular pass case and... too many things to list! Oy vey! )
                                    Last edited by Danimated; 04-13-2013, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks for posting the link. Very cool to see all the different things. TDR always has such great stuff. Does MagicDelivery ship to the USA or just Japan?
                                      Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                                      Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                                      :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Are they releasing the Parade CD? If so when?

Also what about a 30th album or box set? lol Was kind of hopeing Nightfall Glow would make it to a album for the 30th.

Comment

Tokyo Disneyland is now live on national tv until 11 am here in japan and the opening ceremony is now live nippon tv is their partner broadcaster for this years anniversary ceremonies.

Comment

Working...
                                          X