Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Live, REAL-TIME updates for FastPass and Wait Times!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solomani
    replied
    Re: Live, REAL-TIME updates for FastPass and Wait Times!

I joined specifically to say thank you for this.

Leave a comment:

• steve999
    replied

thanx for it i need it

Leave a comment:

• disturboed
    replied

what a fantastic little page that is/was, (tdwait.com), i have been checking it regularly the past few weeks to try and garner what the waits will be like on the days we are going (TLD Wed 5/29 and TDS Thur 5/30).

Unfortunately, now it seems to be stuck on the same numbers all the time. I suspect the reason is something similar to why I can't access the official Disney page showing the times on my PC either. It says it's for mobiles only, but there is no english version!! Grrr! And DeepDisney is fairly cluttered and nowhere near as nice looking!

It was still very useful though, well done to the author!

Leave a comment:

• ratoncitaloca
    replied

The only time we had data trouble was when we were underground. Other than that, no problems at all. I was quite pleased because I heard Docomo was much better than Softbank.

Leave a comment:

• bradk
    replied

No problem, I appreciate the feedback.

The GPS feature worked surprisingly well for me I think. The coordinates are off (and incomplete for TDS) but at the rate I'm covering the parks, I think I'll try to come up with an easy way to log accurate coords to use.

As for data, I rented a mifi from Telecom Square. Not sure of the carrier offhand (the battery died), but it worked fairly well in TDL. Only went out a couple of times inside show buildings (naturally). I've read TDS is tougher on cell signals though, will be visiting there tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• WDWFigment
    replied

Brad, thanks so much for this! This should prove invaluable on our upcoming trip!

Leave a comment:

• AndyR
    replied

Originally posted by ratoncitaloca View Post
    I used it last week too. Very helpful. I had Softbank as well, but it worked pretty well with the rented iphone.
    Did you get the data connection drop-outs? Cell coverage was fine, but my wife's Droid phone could never get a data link, and mine would work fine for hours then glitch.

Leave a comment:

• ratoncitaloca
    replied

I used it last week too. Very helpful. I had Softbank as well, but it worked pretty well with the rented iphone.

Leave a comment:

• AndyR
    replied

Update: I used the page frequently in the parks last week - Thanks, it enabled us to make informed decisions on what/when to ride and get FPs.

The only issue I had (nothing to do with the wait times), was that Softbank - the cell provider my iP5 would connect to, had issues establishing data connections at times. I had to reboot the phone numerous times a day to re-establish the data connection.

Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• bradk
    replied

I have a lot of TDS with GPS now, but it's a much tougher park to guess the coordinates. Mermaid Lagoon is not done and a few others, but most of the park is. Depending on how bad it is, I might make a point to record actual coords when I'm there.

As for supporting it beyond my own trip, the wait times is automated and comes from TDR directly so it should continue to work until it breaks which I make no guarantees of. But I'd like to see where it goes.

Leave a comment:

• DuffyDaisuki
    replied

Originally posted by bradk View Post
    thanks again. it's not actually an app (at this time), it's purely web based. and for the moment, it's being made to help me out when i'm there, but I'm happy to share it.

I would actually love it if people could start testing the GPS functionality (sorting by Near). I only have TDL working right now, but should have TDS soon. I'm just wondering how well it works.

If you move around, refreshing should update your location. it won't refresh on its own, though I'm planning on just forcing one every 5 mins or so.
    I only really go to TDS. I'll test it when that's up, though.

Leave a comment:

• cravatfiend
    replied

bradk - This would be SO USEFUL for my trip in May! If you choose to keep it up after your trip of course.

Thanks so much for making/sharing this - it's something I wouldn't have the knowledge to do that's for sure!

DuffyDaisuki - Thanks for the link and the translated answers! Despite it being Japanese it works quite well doesn't it? This way whether in English or Japanese I will be much better off on my trip
    Last edited by cravatfiend; 03-24-2013, 03:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bradk
    replied

thanks again. it's not actually an app (at this time), it's purely web based. and for the moment, it's being made to help me out when i'm there, but I'm happy to share it.

I would actually love it if people could start testing the GPS functionality (sorting by Near). I only have TDL working right now, but should have TDS soon. I'm just wondering how well it works.

If you move around, refreshing should update your location. it won't refresh on its own, though I'm planning on just forcing one every 5 mins or so.

Leave a comment:

• DuffyDaisuki
    replied

That's AWESOME, Brad. If you make it themed and pretty, you should put it in the App Store. I'd gladly pay you for the work; it can't be easy. THANK YOU!^^

Leave a comment:

• bradk
    replied

thanks and glad you like it.. it's still in its infancy but it's moving pretty fast (I want it usable for when I go in 2 weeks).

I realized I could make better use of CSS to control the columns without losing functionality so I actually just tightened it up more so it's only 3 columns so it should be pretty sweet on any device/orientation now.

not sure how accurate my coords are, but there's a faux GPS support in it now (for TDL). right now it's hardcoded to you being at Dumbo. I know how to retrieve actual GPS coords from the phone, but still working on how to implement it cleanly enough.

Leave a comment:

• AndyR
    replied

It looks good on my iP5 in landscape, thanks for the hard work.

Leave a comment:

• bradk
    replied

thanks. it's a fun experiment if nothing else. never did anything like this before. I'm even working on trying to integrate GPS so you can sort by proximity.

I also addressed the 'issue' with the small phones in portrait mode. Still will continue to tweak as I go along.

Leave a comment:

• AndyR
    replied

Originally posted by bradk View Post
    So .. this is still very much under development, and I hope to have bigger news soon, but.. for those interested, I went ahead and created http://tdwait.com .. it looks great on tablets (including iPad Mini).. not so great on iPhone, unless in landscape mode maybe.

just a note, especially while it's under development, if the parks are closed, live data isn't available, so it will use old data.
    Awesome, had to register just to say....thanks for doing this. I'll be in a weeks time and can't wait to use it on site.

Andy

Leave a comment:

• tfc3rid
    replied

Awesome job man!!! Heck of a project... Wish I could use it there but my phone will be a fun little brick over there next month!

Leave a comment:

• bradk
    replied

So .. this is still very much under development, and I hope to have bigger news soon, but.. for those interested, I went ahead and created http://tdwait.com .. it looks great on tablets (including iPad Mini).. not so great on iPhone, unless in landscape mode maybe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BF9agvfCMAANSp-large.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	7348507

just a note, especially while it's under development, if the parks are closed, live data isn't available, so it will use old data.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X