This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hot as Hell!

I'm in NY right now and it's unbearable here & it isn't even as humid- I can only imagine what it's like in Japan right now. I do avoid travel in the summer there at all costs. I went in late September one year and it was hot enough for me back then.

I don't care how cold it gets, but November is the best time for me to go to the parks at the start of Christmas season. I visited in April this year for the first time and loved it, aside from the rain that put a downer on most of my trip.

Comment

There's a heat wave right now in the US, in DC it's about the same humidity as Tokyo, but a lot hotter.

Comment

During the day in DC it's been about 47% humidity: not the 90% it was in Tokyo.
        Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fukai View Post
          During the day in DC it's been about 47% humidity: not the 90% it was in Tokyo.
          We've been lucky with temperatures in the MD/DC area this year. Normally, we have 95+ deg and code red (bad air quality) days throughout the summer. We've also had a lot of rain this year so no drought conditions.

As for Halloween, we went during October of 2011 but did not do the parties. I love Halloween so, I really enjoyed the decorations and parade. Oh, and the merchandise and food was cute, too. Make sure you get the Japanese map and brochure. The seasonal items are not listed in the English versions. I had to use broken Japanese, hand gestures and drawings to get information about the red bean paste Halloween treats. :-)

Will the Obake hand jive remain in the parade? I still have my little Obake hand puppet. :-)

Comment

There'll be a new hand-motion thingy for the new parade, but unlikely to be the Obake (ghost) one because that was an integral part of the Welcome to Spookyville song.
            Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

In 2005 or 2006, my family went to the original Disneyland; it was 101 degrees with 80-something percent humidity. YIKES. Then again, 93 degrees with 90% humidity in an overcrowded theme park is probably torturous. My only advice would be lots of water, find some shade, and don't hesitate to rest...or wait in indoor queues.
              "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Comment

Working...
              X