Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort 30th Anniversary "Happiness" 12 CD Box Set Track Listing

Originally posted by DFL86 View Post
    For the life of me I can not find this set on Otaku.com... Geesh they make this almost impossible for anyone in the US to buy this thing! and I only want a couple of the tracks to lol
    Here is the link: Tokyo Disney Happiness 12 CD Set | otaku.com

It's on their new items page.

Comment

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort 30th Anniversary "Happiness" 12 CD Box Set Track Listing

Originally posted by stingybreadboy View Post
      Here is the link: Tokyo Disney Happiness 12 CD Set | otaku.com

It's on their new items page.
      Thank you! Hmm does the prince include shipping? OMG that is a lot! Yet I want it soo badly! lol. Is this like a ebay thing where they just carry one until it is sold? I need to wait and save up a little

Comment

Wow, those guys at Otaku.com have quite a racket going. They've added 25% onto the retail price, for a total of $399 and it's probably between $50 and $75 in postage. You could, I'm sure, do a lot better with Miwa Tojo, whom you can find on eBay:
        Mickey Minnie, pins items in Disney Dream store from Japan store on eBay!
        Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fukai View Post
          You could, I'm sure, do a lot better with Miwa Tojo, whom you can find on eBay:
          When I asked Miwa a week ago, she quoted me USD350 for the item and USD300 (no, not a typo) handling fees
          Blog | Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea Photo Tour
          Disney Parks posts | Universal Studios Singapore posts

Comment

Originally posted by digimax View Post
            When I asked Miwa a week ago, she quoted me USD350 for the item and USD300 (no, not a typo) handling fees
            Wow! I know the box set is pretty heavy. Alex with otaka.com is not located in Tokyo (anywhere near TDR) but Nagoya, so they have to pay for shipping there and then shipping to the buyer. I've used Miwa too. She is very reliable in finding hard to find TDR items.

Comment

Guess I'll just pick it up in October when I'm at the parks. Still ... it's a lot of dough for something that is mostly repackaged tracks.

Comment

Guess I'll just pick it up in October when I'm at the parks. Still ... it's a lot of dough for something that is mostly repackaged tracks.
                Talking about repackaged tracks! The track listings for the new Music Albums (released on 08/21) are available.

Tokyo Disneyland - Music Album (2013)
                01.Pirates of the Caribbean - Yo Ho
                02.Country Bear Theatre - Bearband Serenade
                03.Splash Mountain - Ev`rybody Has A Laughing Place
                04.Splash Mountain - Zip-a-dee-doo-dah
                05.Pinocchio's Daring Journey
                06.It`s A Small World
                07.Welcome To Toontown
                08.Toontown - Minnie`s Yoo Hoo!
                09.Toontown - Mickey`s Answering Machine
                10.Toontown - Puppy Love
                11.Toontown - Minnie`s Answering Machine
                12.Toontown - Thru The Mirror
                13.Star Tours The Adventures Continue - Star Wars Main Title
                14. Pooh's Hunny Hunt - Entrance Music
                15.Monsters, Inc. "Ride & Go Seek!"

Tokyo DisneySea - Music Album (2013)

01.Porto Paradiso (Port Theme Song)
                02.American Waterfront (Port Theme Song)
                03.Toy Story Mania - Try To Follow Me
                04.Toy Story Mania - Woody`s Roundup
                05.Port Discovery Theme (Port Theme Song)
                06.Lost River Delta (Port Theme Song)
                07.Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple Of The Crystal Skull
                08.Arabian Coast (Port Theme Song)
                09.Sindbad`s Storybook Voyage `ride-through Mix`
                10.A Mermaid Song (Port Theme Song)
                11. Mysterious Island (Port Theme Song)
                12.Tokyo DisneySea Suite
                13.Aquasphere Plaza - Night

The only thing that looks interesting is the Monsters, Inc. "Ride & Go Seek!" on the TDL Music Album. I guess this will be the same track as will be featured on the Happiness box set. It also seems they got back to the TDL Music Album from 2001 (with the old Splash Mountain and POTC-tracks) instead of going further with an updated version of the 2008 Album. Very disappointing. The TDS album is evenly disappointing. They didn't even care about including JTTCOTE and 20K Leagues...

Comment

They've ditched the full Splash Mountain ride-through for the Monster's Inc. ride through. That's more than you'll get in a US park CD release, providing they bother to do one ... which is about every 5 to 10 years.

Comment

Can anyone explain what the Nightfall Glow track is like? Does it include the character voices from each float?

Comment

It does include the character voices.

:love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
                      We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
                      Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-8 copy 2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	7351870

"Happiness is Here" is here! Happiness!
                        Last edited by stingybreadboy; 08-13-2013, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Is the Nightfall Glow the rainy night parade?

Comment

Yes

:love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
                            We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
                            Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Comment

My boxset arrived yesterday. I'm most interested in the ride-through and ride atmosphere tracks, here are some of my comments about them:

- Ride-through mixes of Buzz Lightyear and Monsters, Inc came with blaster and flashlight bell sound effects, plus lines from the "targets" and characters. The spiels are included too. These are true ride-through mixes - makes it feel like you're on the ride.

- Still wrong track from Indiana Jones Adventure - it's Temple of the Forbidden Eye. I guess they didn't want to include the actual arrangement used for Crystal Skull since there's no music for a few scenes (e.g: Bridge, Snake Temple, Mudslide), but oh well - a true ride-through mix in the style of Buzz/Monsters would've been nice.

- Pirates of the Caribbean (Jack Sparrow vers.) has the updated soundtrack and character lines, but no voices from Johnny Depp, Bill Nighy or Geoffrey Rush. In fact, they kept the old pirate captain's voice. I don't have any other albums with this track, but I assume this is the same as the track on the POTC album released in 2007.

- Toy Story Mania! - VERY short track, with mainly "Woody's Roundup" and just two short variations of "You've got a friend in me". The ride has so much more!

- The Tower of Terror track is 12:41 long, but has the same "exit loop" that the composer shared on his website. I'm disappointed that no parts from the pre-show or actual ride soundtrack were included. This is more of an "atmosphere" piece, it starts off with the seemingly innocent violin and piano piece (which plays somewhere outside the attraction or the queues, I can't remember where exactly) and ends with some chirpy trumpet (where is this played at the park?)

While I'm surprised that the Pop/Up-Tempo version of "Happiness is Here" was not included in the boxset, the Band Medley tracks from both parks include that song as a segment.

Also, the Ballad version of "Happiness is Here" on the last disc is not the same as the one used for "Happiness on High" fireworks show. It's used at Tokyo DisneySea when the floats/barges slowly return backstage. Oh well, I hope the "Happiness on High" medley eventually gets released.
                              Blog | Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea Photo Tour
                              Disney Parks posts | Universal Studios Singapore posts

Comment

Thanks for the review Digimax.

Comment

Anyone know if this is on sale at the parks? I'm going there in a couple of weeks, and would consider buying it. Although, it's going to practically eat up my whole tokyo disney budget LOL.

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
                                  Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
                                  Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
                                  Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

Comment

Does anyone know or have the lyrics to Nightfall Glow?

Thanks

Comment

The box gets the full inside back page of the October issue of Disney Fan magazine. It appears that there's a bonus CD if you order by mail.

Comment

The box gets the full inside back page of the October issue of Disney Fan magazine. It appears that there's a bonus CD if you order by mail.
                                        Hm, a "13th disc". Does it give any clue about what's on it?

Comment

I can't read Japanese, but there's no mistaking the photo of the disc that says "Bonus Disc" on it!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X