This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Local thoughts on Tokyo Disney?

I'm not sure if I have a say in this topic as I have only been to TDR once (this year) and have never been to WDW, but judging from the pictures and videos and comments of others, I think I prefer TDL to MK.

I agree that some areas of TDL may look outdated and I also think that the new fantasyland looks fantastic, I prefer TDL to MK as a whole. Sure the merchandise not have as big of an assortment as other parks but like what DuffyDaisuki said, the merchandise and how they brand it is so unique compared to other parks that you don't need a logo to know its form TDR.

Also, TDR has plenty of good-quality, unique and in some cases, improved attractions. While Pooh's Hunny Hunt, Cinderella's Fairy Tale Hall, Western River Railroad, and Monsters inc ride and go seek may be the only "unique to TDL" attractions, many attractions are improved or better than their Counterparts or take on a totally different theme. Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, Tiki room (not better but has a different theme) are examples. And while many attractions in WDW are not found in TDL (Carousel of Progress, TLM) there are also attractions in TDL that are not in MK (Snow White, Pinnochio's Daring Journey, Toontown). Maintenance and Service is also superior in TDL. Lets not forget the awesome entertainment in Dreamlights and Happiness is here parades. To my understanding I'm not sure when MK had a truly new and unique Daytime parade until MK gets Festival of Fantasy next year.

I concede though that New Fantasyland was amazingly designed but besides Be Our Guest Restaurant, all it has is a clone of an ok dark ride and two dumbos (although the new mine train coaster looks really amazing)

Both parks are very unique in their own right and everyone has their own opinion on which one they prefer but for me personally, I would rather go to TDL than MK.

*completely off topic BTW (I think)
    Disney Trips:
    Disneyland Resort: Dec 2013
    Walt Disney World: April 2015
    Tokyo Disney Resort: April 2013, April 2014
    Disneyland Paris: July 2017, September 2017, November 2017, January 2018 (SOON!!)
    Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: Oct-Nov 2006, March 2007, April 2008, April 2009, March 2010, Oct 2011, May 2012, Oct-Nov 2012, May 2013, June 2016...

Favorite Rides:
    1) Mystic Manor(HKDL)
    2) Tower of Terror (TDS, DHS)
    3) Soarin Over California (DCA)
    4) Splash Mountain (TDL)
    5) Haunted Mansion (MK, DL, TDL)

Twitter: @WaltDisneyWanderer

Comment

Re: Local thoughts on Tokyo Disney?

My two cents on this. I think the ongoing comparison of which Disney Park is the best is more a foreign thing. I never had any discussion with Japanese Friends thet their Disney parks are the best, I think this is not in the Japanese Nature. Most are actually surprised when I tell them, that TDL and TDS are sometimes considered as the best Disney parks. Like DuffyDaisuki said, a lot of Fans see WDW as the ultimate travel goal and a lot of couples see this as a top destination for honeymoon.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
      Working...
      X