This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christmas 2013

Thanks again for the additional information- I've been looking at the Forum website & a few others about shopping in the area, not that I'll have too much time to do so. I want to see the Godzilla statue as well, I know it's not too far from the area either, I've been getting directions online.

Earlier today I did a virtual walkthru of the area on google to get familiar with the area as well at this site https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-...CL0BEPwSKAAwCw

It looks like there are many places open till late in the evening around 10p or 11p if I'm feeling adventurous.

Comment

From the Fujiya hotel you are walking distance from the Ginza shopping district. There is also all the underground shoppiing just a block away at the Yaesu Underground (Yaesu Chika) shopping area. Tokyo Station also has a huge relatively new shopping area under the Gran Station and also the muliti-story Daimaru department store.

If you are willing, you can take the Yamanote or Keihin Tohoku line from Tokyo station just two stops to Akihabara. I've done this a million times on a moment's notice. It doesn't take long at all to get there from the Fujiya.

Comment

I spent a day last April going from shop to shop around Akihabara and I'm sure I haven't even begun to discover all that's there.

I do remember going thru some shopping areas while wandering thru Tokyo Station a while back. I'v been to several shops in Ginza in the past too- some of the bus tours I've been on in the past almost always drop you off in the center of Ginza. I may take a walk to Mitsukoshi one morning. I've been to the one in Ginza and the other main building by the old Tokyo bridge. I've even walked from that Mitsukoshi to Akihabara station a few years ago- it was a pretty far walk & not very exciting- I think the route we chose was mainly under the highway and was pretty boring along the way. I'll stick to the trains from now on.

I can't wait to see the decorations at the park this year & to get the merchandise- it's kind of a tradition now for me, I have a running line of TDR christmas merchandise from 2005 to current- so I couldn't miss out this year. I'm going to miss seeing the Mermaid Lagoon show since it's closed the days I'm there & may not be back till the new show starts- unless I want to run madly to TDS the day I arrive 11/6 and hang out at the park for a few hours. I'm even going to try to get most of my shopping done that day so I won't have to be dragging bags back to the hotel every night.
        I'm going to miss the convenience of staying at the Hilton when I can run to the room and be back in the park within 15 minutes. But at least the Yaesu Fujiya is convenient enough to be right near the Keiyo line- too bad they are closing next year, my friend always said we could use the Yaesu Fujiya if we're not staying at one of the resort line hotels.

Comment

Merchandise is now out! Click HERE to see the displays.

The gingerbread plushies are being sold individually this year (that's a first!) and they come in little stockings! :love: So adorable. The snowmen straps are also precious. Everything is cute as always.

No sign of the nutcracker or pass cases yet.

Comment

I always loved the Gingerbread and Snowman line each year, but I'm a little annoyed that they seemed to stop making the smaller sized 6-7 inch plush Snow Mickey & Minnie- I was collecting them each year since 2005, but last year they only had the larger more expensive ones. I wish they would start having the smaller ones again, but it looks like they don't so far. I also miss when they used to make the 2pack of the candy containers- they have the smaller ones now, but I liked the other ones a little better.

I already have a long shopping list made & I also have to remember all the Star Tours stuff as well.

I can already forsee a problem getting all my goodies home next week. I may have to pack a larger carry on before I go.

Comment

Originally posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
              ...I'm a little annoyed that they seemed to stop making the smaller sized 6-7 inch plush Snow Mickey & Minnie- I was collecting them each year since 2005, but last year they only had the larger more expensive one.
              The ones with the dangle chain and safety pins? (badges) They did make those last year:

But yep, they seem to be absent this year along with the Ducks. Kind of bummer, wanted them in their little gold outfits. Glad I got Donald last year!

Comment

I got the badge ones last year, but they did stop making the smaller plush that I was collecting. I did get the larger Mickey last year to keep up with the tradition.

Comment

Such cute items. I too love the snowmen and gingerbread men.
                  Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                  Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                  :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Originally posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
                    I got the badge ones last year, but they did stop making the smaller plush that I was collecting. I did get the larger Mickey last year to keep up with the tradition.
                    Oooh, gotcha.

No new shopping bags this year, they're same ones used for 2012. Fukai pretty much called that last year. That's slightly dissapointing.

BTW, here's the Disney Store Christmas page.

Comment

ohhh lots of goodies - the Minnie Gingerbread phone case looks huge!

Comment

More goodies. Tin coasters!? Those are so cool! I'm already getting ideas if I go for those. The glass cups look real nice too. Wonder if it's a bundle or seperate. I also love that first cup and matching plate. So exiting!

Comment

Would someone take pity on me and message me and help walk me through learning to post photos? I am constantly in search of Disney Treasure (such wonderful photos above, thanks so much!) and when I find it I want to share, too.

Hello Kitty meeting Mickey Mouse makes Minnie jealous, right? Well, I'm jealous of Minnie, so I don't care. Bring on the adorable Japanese tschotzkes!
                          "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

Comment

Way to add Pablo to your avatar Danimated!

Dobbys: to post a pic you just bracket the url with the following html code:
                            [img]insert url for the pic here[/img]

I like these 2 new items this year too:

Deco Tape:

Stamp Roller:

Last edited by dizneydogs; 11-02-2013, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks! It's like Pablo is still there.

MD now has the merch on their Facebook. Bummer no pass case for Christmas Fantasy or Gingerbread/Snowman.

Comment

no gingerbread/snowman window clings either :-(

Comment

No souvenir plate either (just like Halloween).
                                  Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Fukai, are you talking about the small collectible plates with the desserts or the larger ones that you buy- they still sell those & I saw there is still a Christmas figurine.

I have noticed some changes in merchandise offerings each year- I like the fact that they still change the themes each year- but I wish they would get back to the small snowman plush- the size between the badge and larger plush. I have about 6 or 7 years of them, but they didn't have one last year & it doesn't look like they have them this year either.

I haven't seen a date yet, but I assume they are releasing the Christmas Fantasy & Christmas Wishes CD's sometime in the next week.

Comment

MD now has the merch on their main site. Here are the links:

Christmas Fantasy
                                      Christmas Wishes
                                      Gingerbread, Snowman and LGM
                                      Sweets & Tins

Good price on the coasters! Was expecting them to be more pricey.

Comment

Nice slideshow:

Comment

I think this year for Decorations and Merchandise the Tokyo Disney Resort can't be beat. But from an entertainment stand point I actually think its one of the weakest Disney Resorts this year. So sad to see them dumbing it down for cheaper Character greeting shows. Disneyland Paris has especially raise there game this year. Maybe thanks to influence of Joe Schott who worked in Japan for Disney before coming to Paris. The day-time Parade has added a Frozen segment. The Christmas Cavalcade looks to be heavily infuenced by Tokyo Disneyland. The Tree ceremony I have been told is absolutely amazing. And from what I have seen the Christmas version of Dreams is outstanding. If it wasn't for the Santa Village Parade and the Christmas version of Big Band Beat this years line up could be quite a missable event. Even all the talk on here is favouring the merchandise selection. So sad to see such a decline in entertainment.
                                          Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X