This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christmas 2013

Thanks to those who have posted photos and videos from Tokyo Disney Christmas shows and merchandise. Everything looks lovely. I've never had the chance to visit during the holidays so I live vicariously through these posts.
    While I don't quite understand the criticism of the shows, they seem quite nice to me from what I've seen on YouTube, I think it would be unfair to call this a "miss". When you consider that Disney World charges extra for holiday parties, where the entertainment and decorations don't change from one year to the next.. really, who is getting a better deal at the Disney parks during the holidays? Now I can't talk for the Disney parks in Paris or Hong Kong, but seems to me the California park is having the best event this year. I've read here the Paris park is offering upgraded entertainment. That would be great because when we took the kids to Disneyland Paris 4 years ago, I found the live entertainment to be lacking.
    Anyways.. I would love to get my hands on some of that Tokyo Disney merchandise and enjoy the fantastic decor. Love the holiday tape /dispensers. Very cute.

Comment

I think you have mistaken what I meant Aotphks. I don't think the entire event is missable not when you consider the holiday overlays to the attractions, decorations or the unique food and merchandise. I just feel some what let down by the decline in entertainment. Go back to YouTube and search for past Christmas Events. Then take another look at this years line up and you'll see my point!

My understanding is that Disneyland Resort is increasing its offerings this year so that it can next year start charging for ticketed events like Walt Disney World. You might of notice most of the new stuff is going to DCA. Despite the charges we should point out that not everything at WDW is a separate ticketed event. The Osborne Christmas lights while not new event can still amaze Guests who might be seeing them for the first time. I think the various hotel lobby's also do some wonderful displays and decorations. And we still have a huge amount of free entertainment to enjoy at Epcot for the Holidays. With no silly Character Meet and Smile shows. For someone visiting Walt Disney World for the first time I can't imagine how wonderful WDW must look during the Holidays.
      Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

The Christmas merchandise is so colorful. I was if someone can tell where i can buy these items. i looking to buy this item.

. Any help would be great
        Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Visited/Future Visits:

Disneyland Resort: 1987/1989/1992/1994/2000/2011/2014/2016/2017

Walt Disney World Resort: ???

Tokyo Disney Resort: 2009

Disneyland Resort Paris: ???

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: ???

Comment

The Halloween merchandise was mostly a snore. A pity. You can definitely tell the different from past years.

Yes, I was talking about the small souvenir plates that come with a desert at the kiosk on the hub, Pecos Bill's Cafe, Tomorrowland Terrace, etc.
          Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Yes, it's interesting how they have merchandise for the major events (Halloween, Christmas and New Years). There is always a TDL-themed line of goods, a TDS-themed line and a general TDR-themed line.
            For daily photo updates and more on Tokyo Disney Resort, visit us at http://www.deepdisney.net/ . Have a question about Tokyo, Japan or Tokyo Disney Resort, let me know!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X