• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DeepDMan
    TDR Guest
    • Nov 2013

Re: New TDR Fansite

Originally posted by Fukai View Post
    DeepDMan! One of the best improvements you've recently made is the addition of the almost daily video montages. I've always loved the site (read it almost every day), and the video montages have become one of my favorite parts.

I would also like to see a lot more coverage of merchandise: just lots of photos would be great. Lots of us like to see what's being sold.

Thanks.
    Thanks for much Fukai. We had a staff meeting today and I mentioned your comment about the video montages. We were all happy. We are considering adding some captions to accompany the videos.

Yes, merchandise photos is definitely something we'll have! Thanks.
    For daily photo updates and more on Tokyo Disney Resort, visit us at http://www.deepdisney.net/ . Have a question about Tokyo, Japan or Tokyo Disney Resort, let me know!

Comment

• DeepDMan
      TDR Guest
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by brianpinsky View Post
      Talk to Dusty because he can help you with getting help and maybe posting maybe weekly here on Micechat. Look how they do Yesterland. GL on the site and keep posting TDL updates.:thumbup:

Here is Dusty's site email: [email protected]

Thanks for the comments and suggestion Brian. The MiceChat crew and site are awesome, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
      For daily photo updates and more on Tokyo Disney Resort, visit us at http://www.deepdisney.net/ . Have a question about Tokyo, Japan or Tokyo Disney Resort, let me know!

Comment

• DeepDMan
        TDR Guest
        • Nov 2013

DeepDisney English NOW OPEN!

Hello everyone! First I'd like to say thanks to all the posters who gave us the wonderful and informative suggestions. Next, I'd like to announce that the site at DeepDisney is now open! So far we only have the daily updates in the KIMAGURE section and the video montage in the DEEPDISNEY TV section.

With your help, we'll be working on the following sections:

- Access info from airport and areas in Tokyo.
        - Info on hotels within and outside the Resort.
        - News and info on upcoming attractions, events and other developments.
        - How to buy tickets online overseas or in advance once in Japan.
        - Info and advice on Japanese customs and etiquette related to the Parks.
        - Food allergies and issues.
        - Info and unique aspects of Park attractions and facilities.
        - New products and merchandise on sale.
        - Daily video updates.
        - Last but not least... DUFFY DUFFY DUFFY!

Keep those ideas coming! Hope you enjoy our new site! Yoroshiku onegai-shimasu!

DeepDMan

Comment

• TimmyTimmyTimmy
          Banned User
          • Dec 2008

I never cared much for Deep Disney... it was all in Japanese. Make the same site but in English, with all the facts and news and I'll be a fan.

Comment

• CaliforniaAdventurer
            MiceChatter
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
            I never cared much for Deep Disney... it was all in Japanese. Make the same site but in English, with all the facts and news and I'll be a fan.
            Go to the first post and get yourself caught up.

Comment

• aimster
              Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
              That's basically what they're doing now.

Comment

• FenderP
                New MiceChatter
                • Aug 2011

+1000 on merchandise pictures (which you say you're doing - thanks!). It's nice to see what stuff I can get either if I go myself or have someone get it for me. The merch over there is very different in many cases. Japan gets a lot of exclusive stuff.

I would also highlight things like the various popcorn buckets which are unique and sometimes seasonal (for example, the new Alien Christmas one).

Outside of that, I think if you do pretty much an equivalent of the Japanese site it would go over well. What you've said you're going to do already sounds great.

I've always had a great time at TDR when I've been there and never had a problem despite the fact I really can't speak Japanese

Comment

• FenderP
                  New MiceChatter
                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Mousequake View Post
                  One question about the ticket thing, though-- I'm not getting what's so hard about it for non-Japanese speakers. We bought e-tickets through the English version of the TDR website and printed them at home very easily.
                  Even when you're there I have never found it a big deal. The past two times I either got tickets in advance at the Disney Store in Shibuya or the one time I got the evening only pass for TDL, I just went up to the gate. Killed some time in Ikspari and Bon Voyage before getting in line to go in.

Having been to all of the Disney parks around the world, they're all pretty easy to navigate if you ask me even if there are some language differences.

Comment

• DuffyGuardian
                    Adventures with Duffy
                    • Sep 2005

I agree its pretty easy to get tickets, order food and shop. Even asking for the front seat of a ride can be done(and its funny at times) with out speaking the language. I was at DLP in the late 90's and had no problem. Tokyo the CM are amazing and helpful, so don't worry.

Love the new site. Thank you so much. Your photos are wonderful.
                    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                    :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

• DuffyGuardian
                      Adventures with Duffy
                      • Sep 2005

One idea that my help those who are planning a trip is when photos are posted, let the reader know if its a busy day in the park, average. Sometimes its hard to know when to plan a trip and what the crowds are like. The photos and info could help.
                      Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                      Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                      :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

• Fukai
                        Resident of the Caldera
                        • Jul 2008

The new English site is GREAT. I'll be looking every day.
                        Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

• Esmeralda
                          • Aug 2006

It looks like there have already been some excellent ideas, so for now I just want to say Thank You, DeepDMan! I won't be able to return to Japan for some years and seeing the daily updates (now in English!) are such a joy. The video montages are also wonderful and help me feel as if I am really at Tokyo Disney Resort for a couple of minutes out of my day.

Oh, and if it hasn't already been mentioned, crowd patterns would be helpful for those of us planning ahead to visits in future months and years!
                          Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

Comment

• Danimated
                            Tokyo Disney is life!
                            • Dec 2011

I've been meaning to post sooner... love the new english site! It's just great! I've noticed a lack of updates though, hope for a return soon.

One small complaint, is there a reason why there's been few merchandise pics for Valentines? All there have been are window pictures. Not usual for your site and really disappointing. I always enjoy seeing how beautifully everything is arranged and to also help decide what I would like to get. Please don't repeat this for Easter.

Comment

• Fukai
                              Resident of the Caldera
                              • Jul 2008

Deep Disney has tried to do English updates before, but they stop after a short while. Same thing has happened again. It's a big job to do two updates in different languages each day.
                              Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X