Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Some Changes at TDL...Some NOT good :(

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Re: Some Changes at TDL...Some NOT good

    Originally posted by Escapé
    And marketing departments are only one entity to a company that cannot totally dicate company decisions
    Marketing... No. Finance, Yes. You need to catch up on 'The Dilbert Principle'.

    MickeyMania, I meant I wanted them to be still around today so I can meet them. Including Huey, Dewey and Louie. I know HDL costumes exist because there is a photo of them in WDW's 25 anniversary book (which is much better as a historical reference than Disneyland's 50 book).

    Unfortunately I don't have a DeLorean at my disposal, so 1987 (The Year of Ducktales Premier) isn't going to work for me, including the fact I didn't even exist then.
    Last edited by drnilescrane; 01-31-2006, 01:03 AM.

    Comment


    • #22
      Re: Some Changes at TDL...Some NOT good

      Originally posted by drnilescrane
      Unfortunately I don't have a DeLorean at my disposal, so 1987 (The Year of Ducktales Premier) isn't going to work for me, including the fact I didn't even exist then.
      But your profile says you're born in 80. :-O Anyway, I know that, I want them back. I was simply saying that a Scrooge exists, because I didn't know if you knew or not.

      Although my post now has me digging through my stash of old DL materials. Expect a megapost of semi-aged souveneirs appearing soon in the DLR forum.

      Comment


      • #23
        Re: Some Changes at TDL...Some NOT good

        Originally posted by MickeyMania
        But your profile says you're born in 80. :-O Anyway, I know that, I want them back. I was simply saying that a Scrooge exists, because I didn't know if you knew or not.
        Born in the 80? That explains a lot of his disdain for TDL.

        ..And yes, there used to be a Scrooge at WDW back during the days of Duck Tales, and some of those Duck Tale characters can also be seen roaming TDL's Toontown on recurrent basis...like Gidget and that pilot duck...tall and broad shoulders?

        Comment


        • #24
          Re: Some Changes at TDL...Some NOT good

          Originally posted by TDLFAN
          Born in the 80? That explains a lot of his disdain for TDL.

          ..And yes, there used to be a Scrooge at WDW back during the days of Duck Tales, and some of those Duck Tale characters can also be seen roaming TDL's Toontown on recurrent basis...like Gidget and that pilot duck...tall and broad shoulders?
          You mean, Launchpad, TDLFAN? "-)

          Thanks for the post, though.

          Comment


          • #25
            Re: Some Changes at TDL...Some NOT good

            Originally posted by TDLFAN
            may I start with TDL's lineup now or have you heard enough?
            Yeah yeah yeah :P It was still impressive for Florida.

            Do I think this fits in with Tomorrowland? Well no not particularly. But when this opens and everyone is impressed with the ride and the flashlights and the A/As are we still gonna hear complaining or will it be "this is amazing why dont they build this in America"?

            It's a ride. Its popular charecters (its been a hit at DCA thus far) and it is using up an empty building in Tomorrowland with a ride that sorta fits. Or put it this way they can make it fit.

            Do I see Hollywoodland coming? No. That's one of those rumors from DL in the 90s and TDL in the early 00s (post Sci-Fi City) that just doesn't seem to have merit. But who knows. Maybe they are cutting Tomorrowland.

            Personally this news isn't shocking...it was a long time coming...like at least a year ago we heard about this.

            What is shocking is that they are closing the Castle tour in about 2 months...no warning for people at all. And rumblings of the new "re-theme" of Space Mountain that has picked up steam lately...I mean DL's retheme was popular...DLP's was not. They are about 50/50 on that attraction...how will TDL's go if it goes through?

            Comment


            • #26
              Re: Some Changes at TDL...Some NOT good

              Originally posted by stitcharielsinbad
              Good lord, you're forgetting the reason TDR is so popular in Japan in the first place: The Characters. That's why TDS isn't as popular as TDL Because the cute disney characters are not as dominant. That's why the Japanese don't really care as much for TDS' nighttime shows as they do the ones in TDL because it doesn't show enough of the characters, that's why every show in the resort has Mickey and friends. That's why pooh's Hunny Hunt is the most popular attraction in all the resort. The reason it's all getting "toon styled" is because that's what the market wants. Don't you dare fault them for wanting to please their consumers. It's not about holding up Walt's Standard's and Philosophies for the OLC, it's about satisfying their consumers!

              And you patronize this thing you call the "original tommorowland concept". Which in reality is an constantly outdated concept of the future from the last century which feels aesthetically unappealing to the contemporary tastes. This in turn alienates the consumers who are the very reason these things are supposed to exist.
              Correct, but you are taking away too much from TDS. It is an extremely successful park and in fact lowered TDL's numbers the year it opened because visitors were split so TDS is still one of the most visited theme parks in the world. The most common visitors to TDR are girls usually late teens and early twenties, many of them on dates. Two girls hanging out together might like to go hound the characters at TDL but they would also like the glamourous feel of TDS. Young, High School couples are probably better suited at TDL, while older couples in their twenties will probably choose TDS for their date. A large portion of TDR's visitors are families and nearly all of them would prefer TDL because of the maturity of TDS and how nearly all of it's rides have height restrictions and so forth. The Japanese do care for TDS's nighttime shows. The first one, Disney Sea Symphony, which featured Mickey Mouse as the main character, was closed a year early due to poor statistics. BraviSEAmo, a show ten years in the making opened and still draws in huge numbers. BraviSEAmo is almost completely non-disney, and it is far more successful, so go figure.

              Comment


              • #27
                Re: Some Changes at TDL...Some NOT good

                RIP Cinderella Mystery Tour ... Luckily I made the fortunate decision to take the tour last September when I travelled to Tokyo. It was fun (though not speaking/understanding Japanese, I'm sure I missed some things) and even kinda creepy... And it was fascinating as the one attraction that included The Black Cauldron characters ...
                Magic Journeys...

                Comment


                • #28
                  Re: Some Changes at TDL...Some NOT good

                  Originally posted by DisneySeaFan
                  Correct, but you are taking away too much from TDS. It is an extremely successful park and in fact lowered TDL's numbers the year it opened because visitors were split so TDS is still one of the most visited theme parks in the world. The most common visitors to TDR are girls usually late teens and early twenties, many of them on dates. Two girls hanging out together might like to go hound the characters at TDL but they would also like the glamourous feel of TDS. Young, High School couples are probably better suited at TDL, while older couples in their twenties will probably choose TDS for their date. A large portion of TDR's visitors are families and nearly all of them would prefer TDL because of the maturity of TDS and how nearly all of it's rides have height restrictions and so forth. The Japanese do care for TDS's nighttime shows. The first one, Disney Sea Symphony, which featured Mickey Mouse as the main character, was closed a year early due to poor statistics. BraviSEAmo, a show ten years in the making opened and still draws in huge numbers. BraviSEAmo is almost completely non-disney, and it is far more successful, so go figure.
                  I didn't mean to sound against TDS, it's one of my favorite parks, really. I just said that no matter what, TDL is still more popular and it is always TDL that will carry the resort (same goes for The magic Kingdom, Disneyland, and Disneyland Paris for their respective resorts) purely because it is where the characters are supposed to be. It's a simple fact. Tokyo DisneySea is great! it's right up there with Disneyland Paris and Disney's Animal Kingdom as some of the best parks in the world but the truth of the matter is: It ain't no Disneyland (Tokyo or otherwise).

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Re: Some Changes at TDL...Some NOT good

                    Yes the appeal of a magic kingdom is impossible to beat.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X