• Show
Clear All
  • Fukai
    Resident of the Caldera
    • Jul 2008

News Gigantic Snowstorm at The Tokyo Disney Resort

Yikes!

This is a low of snow and blowing wind:

Make sure to watch until the end to see how deep the snow gets in the evening.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.
  • Fukai
    Resident of the Caldera
    • Jul 2008

Re: Gigantic Snowstorm at The Tokyo Disney Resort

10.5 inches of snow fell, the most in 45 years.

Comment

• DreamSweetsLove
      Loves Mickey!
      • Oct 2006

It was insane! I went to TDS yesterday and it was crazy and painful. I feel so bad for the CM's because it was really harsh working conditions. Today is absolutely gorgeous however and warm. Really really bizarre weather.
      Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
      https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

Comment

• Fukai
        Resident of the Caldera
        • Jul 2008

Note that Tokyo broke records for high heat this summer, and now the biggest snowstorm in 45 years.

More coming ... just global warming in action.

Comment

• Aladdin
          Prince Ali
          • Jan 2005

Or with the big snow storm, global cooling
          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

• Witches of Morva
            Minion
            • Jan 2005

ORDDU: There is a theory I've read about that claims the result of global warming means heavier rain falls AND snow falls.

Comment

• DreamSweetsLove
              Loves Mickey!
              • Oct 2006

And...there is another snow storm and possibly a winter typhoon?? Elsa, seriously give us a break!
              Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
              https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

Comment

• Duyanh92
                MiceChatter
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by DreamSweetsLove View Post
                And...there is another snow storm and possibly a winter typhoon?? Elsa, seriously give us a break!
                I also was there yesterday and today... Snow at Disney is good if we prepare warm and have snow boots... Haha I rode Tower, Indy, Journey, Pooh, Monster more than 10 times each.... I also experienced Pooh breaking down so I had a whole attraction walk-through ^_^ amazing amazing ^_^

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
                Instagram
                Flickr
                Youtube

Comment

• Fukai
                  Resident of the Caldera
                  • Jul 2008

I read that Tokyo just got ANOTHER 10 inches of snow! I can't believe it.

Comment

• MAH4546
                    MiceChatter
                    • Jan 2009

I will be at the resort on Wednesday or Thursday when it is again expected to snow. That doesn't bother me, but should I expect any attractions to close? I am an Anaheim regular so the likes of Jungle Cruise or Thunder being down is no big deal, but say Winnie or Journey being closed would be sad.

Comment

• Duyanh92
                      MiceChatter
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by MAH4546 View Post
                      I will be at the resort on Wednesday or Thursday when it is again expected to snow. That doesn't bother me, but should I expect any attractions to close? I am an Anaheim regular so the likes of Jungle Cruise or Thunder being down is no big deal, but say Winnie or Journey being closed would be sad.
                      Journey will be closed if snow is really thick... For example, last storm, it was snowed at midnight, so the temp was low with no sunlight so the next morning, Journey was completely closed for the entire day, until the next day as well.

Another example is 3 days ago, snow started to fall at the morning so Journey run normally and I actually enjoyed more than 10 times, because wait time was 10-30 minutes with fastpass, so I got fastpass for 9 a.m and returned at 9.30, and so on... Really the best time in mah life in Tokyo resort... I've never played at much attractions like this before... And I remembered it stopped at 5 or 6 p.m when snow was covered to the track.

If the snow will actually thick like the 2 previous one, these attractions will be down
                      TDS: Journey, Raging Spirits (and all shows and outdoor attractions/ coasters)
                      TDL: BTM, Splash Mountain, Western River Railroad, Mark Twain (and all parades, shows, outdoor stuffs)
                      As I mention above, the attractions wont stop when snow falls, they stop when snow starts to cover the track, and they wont until night or several hours.
                      *Jungle Cruise is already closed for its extensive improvement by adding new audio animatronics + unique night cruise (I guess you may not know)
                      *Pooh wont be closed, but I guess the system is slightly broken now... It happened to me last whole week. Sometimes, the system stops for 1 hour, 2 hours, or whole day...

If the snow falls at night, you will enter the park with a magical scene
                      If the snow falls at morning, the whole area will wet and really annoying, seriously

Check this website for weather update http://www.jma.go.jp/en/yoho/319.html
                      Dont use international app like Yahoo Weather, Weather Zone, Accuweather.... The japan government website is more trust and reliable... so you can plan your trip more effectively

Last edited by Duyanh92; 02-16-2014, 10:49 PM.

Facebook
                      Instagram
                      Flickr
                      Youtube

Comment

• MAH4546
                        MiceChatter
                        • Jan 2009

Thanks for the helpful info. Looks like there is no longer a snow forecast, but it will be cold! Does the cold keep away crowds? I'm guessing February on a weekday isn't too crowded. I'm planning to buy two tickets and doing both parks in one day as that's all my schedule allows. Hopefully the crowds are favorable to allowing me to see the key attractions.

Comment

• Duyanh92
                          MiceChatter
                          • Sep 2010

Not really!!! It will be crowded but the fastpass will last longer... Average waittime in TDS for journey is 100 minutes for today and yesterday. Both parks close pretty soon this week for some reasons...

Facebook
                          Instagram
                          Flickr
                          Youtube

Comment

• Fukai
                            Resident of the Caldera
                            • Jul 2008

It's cold as hell in February because of the wind coming off the bay. Goes right through your clothes. And the park is still BUSY.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X