Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply, and all posts will be heavily scrutinized.

The forum is for topics that are Disney-related, but controversial. Topics not directly related to Disney will not be allowed.
2 of 2 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

Thoughts on Restaurants

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Thoughts on Restaurants

    Interested if anyone has any thoughts on the following Restaurants... Ristorante di Canaletto, S.S. Columbia Dining Room, Chef Mickey, Oceano, CANNA and Sherwood Garden Restaurant.

    Any of the above worth trying? Understand from Facebook Friends in Japan that Chef Mickey is very difficult to get a reservation for lately. Any chance of making a Priority Seating before leaving for Tokyo. Website is very unclear and just days to turn up and be given a return time!
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804


  • #2
    Re: Thoughts on Restaurants

    Ristorante Di Canaletto is my least favorite on the list.*But food is delicious and I like to seat outside, near the canal. Indoor is high ceiling so it is quite noisy and not feel like grand canal. It feels like food court. However I give it 9/10. All others are 10/10 in my perspective.

    S.S is great in term of ambiance, and service. Food is ok.

    I havent tried at Chef Mickey

    Oceano, Canna and Sherwood is perfect. Cant ask for any better.

    You can make priority seat in the morning when you just arrive at the Park.

    Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^


    Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Thoughts on Restaurants

      Thanks for the response Duyanh92. So it's advisable to request an outside table when making priority seating for Ristorante Di Canaletto?
      Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Thoughts on Restaurants

        I really liked Oceano. Plus, if you arrange it, you can watch Fantasmic from the balcony.

        I would agree about the Columbia, in that the experience of eating there is really nice, but the food doesn't quite match up. It's still good, and I would eat there again, but it isn't on my "must do" list.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Thoughts on Restaurants

          Not to hijack the thread, but I was wondering... Can I make a reservation while I'm at the park for a later date? Like, I'll be there next Monday. Can I make a reservation for Thursday?

          And would I be best suited going straight to the restaurant for that, or should I do that at Guest Relations (seeing as how I don't speak Japanese)?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Thoughts on Restaurants

            Originally posted by Malin View Post
            Thanks for the response Duyanh92. So it's advisable to request an outside table when making priority seating for Ristorante Di Canaletto?
            If you dont fear the cold, but they have heater outside, and they even give you the blanket to cover your legs. I've never used Priority Seat (I just know it) since I dont eat on peak time (lunch & dinner time) so I'm not sure if they are guaranteed the outside table for you, so just ask them, I think they arrange it. Just make sure, you do it after the morning madness, because it does run out, because it is like Fastpass.

            I give you some overall images for this Italian restaurant. It serves pasta, pizza, and italian dessert as well as some famous wines.





            Originally posted by lonegungirl View Post
            I really liked Oceano. Plus, if you arrange it, you can watch Fantasmic from the balcony.

            I would agree about the Columbia, in that the experience of eating there is really nice, but the food doesn't quite match up. It's still good, and I would eat there again, but it isn't on my "must do" list.
            Yay Oceano is the best. Breakfast is also fantastic. S.S Columbia is well known for alcoholic drinks, as well as Roosevelt Teddy Lounge. I have an Annual Pass so I usually have dinner and get drunk here, then head to Tower of Terror. Hahaha

            Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^


            Facebook
            Instagram
            Flickr
            Youtube

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Thoughts on Restaurants

              Originally posted by buried20kleague View Post
              Not to hijack the thread, but I was wondering... Can I make a reservation while I'm at the park for a later date? Like, I'll be there next Monday. Can I make a reservation for Thursday?

              And would I be best suited going straight to the restaurant for that, or should I do that at Guest Relations (seeing as how I don't speak Japanese)?
              Why dont you book on Thursday? Does it mean you will arrive at the park late? Since Priority Seat is only available at early morning. You should book at the restaurant, they will give you the Priority Pass (just like fastpass). What time will you plan to eat? and which restaurant?

              I dont know about next day reservation unless you stay at Miracosta, Disneyland or Ambassador Hotels. I think they wont allow you to book that way.

              Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^


              Facebook
              Instagram
              Flickr
              Youtube

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Thoughts on Restaurants

                Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
                Why dont you book on Thursday? Does it mean you will arrive at the park late? Since Priority Seat is only available at early morning. You should book at the restaurant, they will give you the Priority Pass (just like fastpass). What time will you plan to eat? and which restaurant?

                I dont know about next day reservation unless you stay at Miracosta, Disneyland or Ambassador Hotels. I think they wont allow you to book that way.
                The reason I wanted to book for a later date was so I didn't have to worry about the rush there right when the park opens. I know you can make reservations in advance on their website, but it's only in Japanese... So I was hoping this would be a way for me to book at least a LITTLE ahead of time.

                We definitely want to see the dinner show at the Polynesian Terrace.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Thoughts on Restaurants

                  i thought i ate at SS Columbia, but I looked at my photos again and it seems the place was actually The Teddy Roosevelt Lounge. I just thought I'd add that from my observation, it seems Japanese people are unaware of the method of substitution of sides. When you order the sandwich that comes with fries, whenever I asked for "salad instead", they seemed really puzzled. They would always end up bringing me the fries AND charge me extra for the salad. I just thought that was interesting. Anyone had the same experience? Or was this simply a language barrier issue?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Thoughts on Restaurants

                    I don't believe TDR has the "Healthy Choice" option like the US parks. You have to understand that TDR is not owned or operated by Disney so they don't always follow the same initiatives as the US parks.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Thoughts on Restaurants

                      I prefer Ristorante di Canaletto, but it's not inexpensive. You can do a walk-up, but you may be told there are no seats available, or might get lucky and wait 20 to 30 minutes. Remember that eating dinner on the early side always helps (4:30 to 5). If you were at the park before opening, and ate lunch early (10:30 or so), then early dinner works very well.

                      I was unable to make a reservation at Chef Mickey's when staying at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel several years ago. Tried a month in advance for every day of our trip with no luck.
                      Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Thoughts on Restaurants

                        I dined at Chef Mickey's last April. The food was alright, but the character interaction was the best of any character meal I have ever had. It made the whole experience for me!


                        :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
                        We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
                        Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Thoughts on Restaurants

                          I went to Chef Mickey a few years ago. I called right on the time when they opened the reservations for public (a month prior) and got the late lunch reservation. As Travis mentioned, the interaction was awesome, much better than the WDW. I prefered TDR Chef Mickey food much better than WDW also - but I prefer Japanese food than American in general so I'm biased. There are some familiar food like Mickey shaped pancakes and sausages, but there were some typical Japanese food like rice and curry, or miso soup.

                          Hotel guests can make a reservation a bit earlier than non hotel guests so sometimes it can be fully booked even before non hotel guests have a chance to book it. They also have the priority seating online reservation site. (Sorry, it's in Japanese.) You can check and see how fast reservations are getting booked. You should check 10am of the same date but one month prior. So as of right now (Japan time 1pm 3/7), the reservation is available up to 4/7, and there are no openings that i can see - it's all booked. You only have a chance of getting the reservation if you check it at 10am Japan time.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Thoughts on Restaurants

                            Originally posted by voleball View Post
                            I went to Chef Mickey a few years ago. I called right on the time when they opened the reservations for public (a month prior) and got the late lunch reservation. As Travis mentioned, the interaction was awesome, much better than the WDW. I prefered TDR Chef Mickey food much better than WDW also - but I prefer Japanese food than American in general so I'm biased. There are some familiar food like Mickey shaped pancakes and sausages, but there were some typical Japanese food like rice and curry, or miso soup.

                            Hotel guests can make a reservation a bit earlier than non hotel guests so sometimes it can be fully booked even before non hotel guests have a chance to book it. They also have the priority seating online reservation site. (Sorry, it's in Japanese.) You can check and see how fast reservations are getting booked. You should check 10am of the same date but one month prior. So as of right now (Japan time 1pm 3/7), the reservation is available up to 4/7, and there are no openings that i can see - it's all booked. You only have a chance of getting the reservation if you check it at 10am Japan time.
                            yes I am a white boy from the Midwest, but it is strange I love the food at the Crystal Palace more the Chef Mickey's


                            :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
                            We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
                            Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

                            Comment

                            Ad Widget

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X