Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once Upon A Time

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Review] Once Upon A Time

    Little Women ディズニーへ行く : プロジェクションマッピングの練習?
    Now if you check this website you can see the rehearsals of once upon a time in tokyo disneyland and yet they've created a new way to put pyrothecnics in a new level and some interesting images if notice
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Re: Once Upon A Time

    Wow! WOW! WOW!

    Thanks Disfa!!!

    I always have a question like How Once Upon a Star be like? Does it have amazing pyros? but I dont want to ask because I didnt see anyone discussing about this show. And now the answer is yes. They pyro looks amazing with 5 canons at each side. They also do multicolor pyros (when I watch a fireworks festival in Japan, and the fireworks technology in japan is just so amazing, and I wonder why dont they bring it to Tokyo Disney)

    But TDS always cuts their pyro effects for Legend and Fantasmic even in ver light wind. I think it will happen for Once Upon a Time too.

    I think they will have onstaged pyrotechnics, fire, and water, too. Just like they did for Soryo Kobu the Final.

    Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^


    Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Once Upon A Time

      Some forums say that the onstage pyro will be in the opening amd closing segment of the show.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Once Upon A Time

        Tokyo Disneyland is lack of nighttime spectacular and this show could somehow solve this problem. Dreamlights is very good, but still a parade.

        I've already waited for a year to see Soryo Kobu The Final again, and I'm so mad that they cancel this summer event this year (maybe because of Once Upon a Time)! However, the Rehearsal looks great and it calms me down haha. Just really hope this show will be like Dreams, or better! Hope it wont be like Celebrate the Magic!!

        Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^


        Facebook
        Instagram
        Flickr
        Youtube

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Once Upon A Time

          Just saw the test video of Once Upon a Time In TDR channel in youtube and it really brings the castle alive and dramatic and the theme song is great.it is only just a teaser but already love it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Once Upon A Time

            Originally posted by disfa10 View Post
            Just saw the test video of Once Upon a Time In TDR channel in youtube and it really brings the castle alive and dramatic and the theme song is great.it is only just a teaser but already love it.
            Arrr me too... TDR rarely posted this type of video. Personally, I think the animation element is better than Dreams or Celebrate the Magic in terms of sparkling and pixie dusk stuff... I feel enchanting than ever. Japan knows how to attract the girls ^_^ The show will be 15 minutes with lottery for front seat! :P

            Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^


            Facebook
            Instagram
            Flickr
            Youtube

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Once Upon A Time

              According to some rumours that the preview night of Once Upon A Time will be on May 25.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Once Upon A Time

                So it sounds like this will have lasers and pyro, but no water effects? Are we basically look at something that's halfway between Celebrate the Magic (WDW) and Disney Dreams (DLRP)?

                That would work for me. I think it'll be popular in Tokyo regardless, but something with a bit more flash than the Magic Kingdom show would be nice.
                DisneyTouristBlog | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

                Please Visit My Travel Photography Blog, Covering Southern California and Beyond!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Once Upon A Time

                  Originally posted by WDWFigment View Post
                  So it sounds like this will have lasers and pyro, but no water effects? Are we basically look at something that's halfway between Celebrate the Magic (WDW) and Disney Dreams (DLRP)?

                  That would work for me. I think it'll be popular in Tokyo regardless, but something with a bit more flash than the Magic Kingdom show would be nice.
                  According to the news, they gonna use a lot of searchlights like night show at DisneySea. For the water effects. I guess they wont use water. Because TDL releases the shopping bag with OUAT image, and some concept arts on the website, and I found that there are no water elements on these concepts.

                  This is definitely halfway between Celebrate and Dreams. They dont call it Nighttime Spectacular, they call it heart-warming entertainment. It's like something between fantasy and magic, with no villains sequence like Dreams or Fantasmic.

                  I used to think that this show will be directly brought from Paris to Tokyo, so Tokyo will have an exactly same show because they used the Disney Dreams as the illustrated image when they announced this show.
                  Last edited by Duyanh92; 04-25-2014, 08:13 PM.

                  Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^


                  Facebook
                  Instagram
                  Flickr
                  Youtube

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Once Upon A Time

                    http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmJ_MYpCUAINCSm.jpg:large

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Once Upon A Time

                      Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
                      According to the news, they gonna use a lot of searchlights like night show at DisneySea. For the water effects. I guess they wont use water. Because TDL releases the shopping bag with OUAT image, and some concept arts on the website, and I found that there are no water elements on these concepts.

                      This is definitely halfway between Celebrate and Dreams. They dont call it Nighttime Spectacular, they call it heart-warming entertainment. It's like something between fantasy and magic, with no villains sequence like Dreams or Fantasmic.

                      I used to think that this show will be directly brought from Paris to Tokyo, so Tokyo will have an exactly same show because they used the Disney Dreams as the illustrated image when they announced this show.
                      That makes sense. I saw they're doing summer hotel packages including seating for this, so I think they have high expectations for the show. Celebrate the Magic has been a huge hit at Walt Disney World, and from the sounds of it, this will be a nighttime spectacular in terms of popularity, even if they aren't calling it one.

                      I don't mind them not installing the water jets for this. With the light colored rock in Tokyo's moat, they'd be really obvious. Paris can hide them better.

                      Oh wow. I've avoided watching the sneak peak videos because I hate spoilers, but I just had to click that. I'm really excited for this show. Can't wait to see and photograph it!
                      DisneyTouristBlog | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

                      Please Visit My Travel Photography Blog, Covering Southern California and Beyond!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Once Upon A Time

                        Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post

                        But TDS always cuts their pyro effects for Legend and Fantasmic even in ver light wind. I think it will happen for Once Upon a Time too.
                        It might be for the same reasons Disneyland cancels their fireworks sometimes. There could be little to no wind close to the ground, but the winds higher up are much stronger. Pretty much impossible to control the weather.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Once Upon A Time

                          Originally posted by aimster View Post
                          It might be for the same reasons Disneyland cancels their fireworks sometimes. There could be little to no wind close to the ground, but the winds higher up are much stronger. Pretty much impossible to control the weather.
                          Having seen the launch site, I will say that this is for good reason.
                          DisneyTouristBlog | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

                          Please Visit My Travel Photography Blog, Covering Southern California and Beyond!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Once Upon A Time

                            Oh my god... my skin started to freeze when I clicked to this...

                            Just so amazing... you know what I do I love the most at Disneysea? I love the use of these searchlights during night shows. It gives tension to the show... I love to listen to the pre-music of Fantasmic, and love to see these searchlight to turn on eventually.

                            Originally posted by aimster View Post
                            It might be for the same reasons Disneyland cancels their fireworks sometimes. There could be little to no wind close to the ground, but the winds higher up are much stronger. Pretty much impossible to control the weather.
                            I dont think it is the same reason. Pyro uses in Fantasmic is pretty low (just a bit higher than Miracosta Hotel), so the wind is not stronger at that location. And fireworks are usually cancelled for several consecutive nights (i've experienced that it canceled for 7 consecutive nights during my stay at TDR). some people said they tried to save the money. But I think that they are too sensitive to the safety issue. I live in Sydney, where they have fireworks every Saturday night. And they shoot anytime in rain, strong wind, or even stormy night. Haha....
                            Last edited by Duyanh92; 04-26-2014, 11:16 PM.

                            Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^


                            Facebook
                            Instagram
                            Flickr
                            Youtube

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Once Upon A Time

                              sometimes TDR does night fireworks and shows when it rains and sometimes windy for some reason and have you seen the NY fireworks in TDR even with strong winds they still do fireworks

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X