This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Trading pins in TDR

Has anyone trade pins in TDR before? Is it the same as in the states, where most CM have pins on their lanyard? Or, do they have a special station you need to go to in order to trade pins? :o
    sigpic

Aug 2003: Walt Disney World
    Sept 2010 - May 2014: Disneyland and Disneyland California Adventure
    Sept 2013: Disney Cruise Line Dream
    Sept 2013: Walt Disney World
    Jan 2014: Hong Kong Disneyland
    May 2014: Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo Disneysea
    July 2014: Disney Cruise Line Fantasy
    July 2014 - Current: WDW
    December 2014: Disneyland Paris
    May 2015 - July 2015 Disneyland and Disneyland California Adventure
    May 2015 - Hong Kong Disneyland
    June 2015 - Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo Disneysea
    September 2015 - Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo Disneysea
    December 2015 - Disneyland Paris

Re: Trading pins in TDR

As I understand it you can still buy pins and even win some in the games over at Disney Sea. Unfortunately, pin trading is no longer there. The CMs do not trade anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
      As I understand it you can still buy pins and even win some in the games over at Disney Sea. Unfortunately, pin trading is no longer there. The CMs do not trade anymore.

That's unforunate

But thanks for letting me know
      sigpic

Aug 2003: Walt Disney World
      Sept 2010 - May 2014: Disneyland and Disneyland California Adventure
      Sept 2013: Disney Cruise Line Dream
      Sept 2013: Walt Disney World
      Jan 2014: Hong Kong Disneyland
      May 2014: Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo Disneysea
      July 2014: Disney Cruise Line Fantasy
      July 2014 - Current: WDW
      December 2014: Disneyland Paris
      May 2015 - July 2015 Disneyland and Disneyland California Adventure
      May 2015 - Hong Kong Disneyland
      June 2015 - Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo Disneysea
      September 2015 - Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo Disneysea
      December 2015 - Disneyland Paris

Comment

Originally posted by yoshikitty View Post
        That's unforunate

But thanks for letting me know
        You are welcome. I will tell you this, grab Tokyo pins while there. They tend to be popular with the non-CM pin traders here. If they have a Frozen pin you can pretty much get whatever you want for it. lol

Comment

It's true, pin trading is not practiced anymore at Tokyo Disneyland. There are really nice unique pins only found at Tokyo Disneyland so be sure to grab it. If you're going during a celebration, Spring/Halloween/Christmas, try to go when they just start or you won't find much left of the seasonal pins towards the end of the season.

Comment

They used to have pin trading, but it became too much of an obsession for some Japanese and caused problems. OLC clamped down and stopped it cold.
            Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fukai View Post
              They used to have pin trading, but it became too much of an obsession for some Japanese and caused problems. OLC clamped down and stopped it cold.
              I sometimes with they'd do the same here in the States. Some of the pin traders here are really aggressive and rude. There was one at WDW who would not leave my mom alone because they wanted the rhinestone Mickey ears pin she was wearing on her jacket and kept offering her pins in trade but she kept saying no. I finally stepped in and told the guy to back off or I'd get security involved.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                I sometimes with they'd do the same here in the States. Some of the pin traders here are really aggressive and rude. There was one at WDW who would not leave my mom alone because they wanted the rhinestone Mickey ears pin she was wearing on her jacket and kept offering her pins in trade but she kept saying no. I finally stepped in and told the guy to back off or I'd get security involved.
                They actually have been cutting back on the pin trading here in the states. They have removed a lot of the pin trading tables that used to be around the park and downtown Disney. Apparently at the last Florida Pin Trading Night some of the people got extremely aggressive over the new Elsa pin. There are rumors that the Pin Trading Nights are done. Time will tell with that one. Unfortunately there are so many scalpers (more than ever) now involved in the hobby it is getting hard for people to get the pins they want and it is getting nuts.

I suspect the CM lanyard trading will be around for awhile still. However, the traders in the parks may be done for the most part, other than the special yearly events.

Comment

I've heard that the real blow to pin trading has been counterfeiting by the same Chinese companies who make the real pins. There is no guarantee that any limited edition pin won't be counterfeited, and look identical to the original. That's about when folks give up because all those limited edition pins become worthless.
                  Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Out of curiosity, do CM's in Tokyo Disney even like Pins?
                    The reason I ask is because I am going there next week and I bought a whole bunch of cool Disneyland Pins and some magnets and patches from the Disney Family Museum to bring with me as little thank you gifts for CM's who go out of their way for us.
                    If they are something the CM's won't care about, I won't bring them with me.
                    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
                    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
                    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
                    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
                    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X