Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Words of advice

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Words of advice

Dear members,

My name is is Bowie, I'm 22 years old and come frome the Netherlands. I made reservations for Hotel Miracosta and the Tokyo Disneyland hotel and bought a flight ticket for upcoming July. Everything was set and we were happy to go. Because of circumstances I had to cancel it. My girlfriend and I went trough a rough time and since we can probably only do this once (we both saved some money for a long, long time) I would like it to be practically perfect. May 2015 is the month we are going to visit the Tokyo Disney Resort. The reason I started this topic is the following: I would love and like some words of advice from you guys, can you help me out?

Date: We originally wanted to visit Tokyo from may first until may 10th and visit the Tokyo Disney Resort somewhere in between. I found out that it's golden week that week, right? Are there some days between may first and may 10th that are less crowdy? Or is it better to visit Tokyo may 8th until may 17th and visit the resort somewhere in Between? I know I have to avoid Saturdays and Sundays but what's the best thing I can do?

Rides: Since we can only to this once I would like to make the most out of it for my girlfriend and me. For TDS we would like to visit: Journey to the center of the earth, Sindbad, 20.000 leagues, Indiana Jones, Fortress Explorations and the Tower of Terror. For TDL the rides for us would be: Winnie, Splash, Monster Inc, Roger Rabbit, Jungle Cruise, Pirates and Space Mountain. Do you guys know if any of these rides have there annual refurbishment in May? Do you guys know which rides regularly get there refurbishment in May? If not, do you guys know when the refurb-schedule of 2015 comes available?

Hotel:I really would like to book Hotel Miracosta for 3 days and the Tokyo Disneyland hotel for one day, just as I did for this summer. Could you give me an advice on which dates in May between may first until May 17th would be the best to book? And when is the best time to book that date?

Something special:Since my girlfriend and I went trough a rough time I want to do something special for her. If I get the chance to book Hotel Miracosta and the Tokyo Disneyland hotel again and make dinner reservations at Magellan's S.S Colombia and Blue Bayou then I would like to do something special for her there. Is there a special request for the dessert in a restaurant or a special request in the hotel room possible?(pedals or things like that)

I know I sound picky and I probably am but I would like it, as Mary would say, practically perfect in every way since I can only do this once. I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say (I tried to say it in my best English ) and I hope you can give me some words of advice. Thanks in advance!!!!!

Cheers,
    Bowie
    sigpic

Re: Words of advice

DO NOT GO DURING GOLDEN WEEK.
    DO NOT GO DURING GOLDEN WEEK
    Sorry to be pedantic, but DO NOT GO DURING GOLDEN WEEK.
    Go before, go after.
    OLC doesn't announce refurbishments for your time period this far in advance.
    Check here for the general English-language site: Tokyo Disney Resort Official WebSite
    Click here for the refurbishment schedule: Temporary Closure of Park Facilities | Tokyo Disney Resort
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Like Fukai said, do not go during GW. It's supremely crowded and you won't get to do much of anything unless you enjoy waiting in godawful lines. The weeks prior to GW are usually much less crowded, as is the week following. Weekdays are obviously ideal. I know some friends went mid-April and said that lines did not exceed anything more than one hour on the weekdays and they were able to ride many rides multiple times, so that's a really opportune time!

Photo Via jdhilger

Comment

...and remember that after you have been this once in a lifetime in Tokyo, if you like it enough, you can go again.

Comment

I spent every day at the resort during the Golden Week and it was the best moment for me. So why not?!? During crowded day, the resort always runs the park at its maximum power. They even shoot fireworks in rainy day. Popcorn is hot and new. Queues are longer, which mean you can fully see and understand every aspects of the rides. The more guests watching the shows, the more interactions are made. Watching legend of Mythica on low attendant day is such a boring.

However, first time travelers should avoid GW to avoid disappointment. After visiting TDR more than once, I recommend to visit the park on weekend.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
          Instagram
          Flickr
          Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Fukai View Post
            DO NOT GO DURING GOLDEN WEEK.
            DO NOT GO DURING GOLDEN WEEK
            Sorry to be pedantic, but DO NOT GO DURING GOLDEN WEEK.
            Go before, go after.
            OLC doesn't announce refurbishments for your time period this far in advance.
            Check here for the general English-language site: Tokyo Disney Resort Official WebSite
            Click here for the refurbishment schedule: Temporary Closure of Park Facilities | Tokyo Disney Resort
            Ok, that's very clear haha. "Do not go during Golden week!" I will go the week after. Just have to arrange something with school. Thanks for your advice!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by napeterson18 View Post
              Like Fukai said, do not go during GW. It's supremely crowded and you won't get to do much of anything unless you enjoy waiting in godawful lines. The weeks prior to GW are usually much less crowded, as is the week following. Weekdays are obviously ideal. I know some friends went mid-April and said that lines did not exceed anything more than one hour on the weekdays and they were able to ride many rides multiple times, so that's a really opportune time!
              I would love to go in April but I'm afraid that that's not possible as is the week before golden week. I think I will go the week following, and as you say I will go in weekdays because there's much more crowd in the weekend. Thanks for your advice
              sigpic

Comment

@ Timmy
                Yes that's true! It just that I would like get the most of it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
                  I spent every day at the resort during the Golden Week and it was the best moment for me. So why not?!? During crowded day, the resort always runs the park at its maximum power. They even shoot fireworks in rainy day. Popcorn is hot and new. Queues are longer, which mean you can fully see and understand every aspects of the rides. The more guests watching the shows, the more interactions are made. Watching legend of Mythica on low attendant day is such a boring.

However, first time travelers should avoid GW to avoid disappointment. After visiting TDR more than once, I recommend to visit the park on weekend.
                  That's true but on the other hand it's indeed good to avoid GW as a first timer! Thanks for your advice!
                  sigpic

Comment

You should be able to do all the rides you want to do plus much more. No reason you can't do it all.

Don't miss Triton's Kingdom at TDS!

Ask for Front row for Journey, it's much better.

See the shows! See Mystic Rhythms and Big Band Beat. Don't forget about the show at the Cape Cod Cookout.

it's all good!

Comment

The park is quite empty in April after spring break and before Golden Week. It's chilly, but if you want to see the most while waiting on the shortest lines, that's the best time of year.
                      Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by shelemm View Post
                        Don't miss Triton's Kingdom at TDS!

See the shows! See Mystic Rhythms and Big Band Beat. Don't forget about the show at the Cape Cod Cookout.

it's all good!
                        I think you mean Mermaid Lagoon.

And the show at Cape Cod Cook-Off is a must-see only if you're a Duffy fan. If you don't care for Duffy, skip it.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post

And the show at Cape Cod Cook-Off is a must-see only if you're a Duffy fan. If you don't care for Duffy, skip it.
                          April is hard for us, I guess it will be the week after the Golden week. Thanks for your advice guys, really helpful. I guess I will skip Cape cod cook-off, it's not that I don't like duffy but I think there are things I like more for my first visit.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post

No, I meant Triton's Kingdom. It is the underground part of Mermaid Lagoon, and it's easy to miss the entrance. It is spectacular.

I didn't say Duffy was a 'must-see,' I think the OP should see everything, including the Duffy show. I am not a fan of Duffy, but it is a great set-up: you watch the show, sit down and rest, and have a snack. It's a refreshing surprise treat.

Comment

Seriously... TDS has 4 shows one have to see for different reasons. Ariel, Big band beat, Mythica and Fantasmic. The rest is just a complete waste of time. Trust me Bowie. If you like Duffy, buy him and take him with you home. Don't waist precious "going to the bathroom" time on his shows.

Take that Duffy hahah

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X