X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Best Themepark In The World

I think Timmy is right in some points.

TDS is so unique and it deserves the 1st rank.

You have to visit and feel it. You may hate it for first time, or you may think it is overrated, keep visiting it again and again and you may dont ever mind to visit any other Disney Parks.

If I have to choose between TDL and DL. I think I will chose TDL. TDL is the best in overall, but the worst in term of attraction (or may be HKDL). DL has much much better rides IMO. I dont want to compare rides like Timmy, for example, Splash in Tokyo is good but Haunted is suck... So I just enjoy all the rides. but what make I rate TDL the best is the entertainments that they offer. The parades and castle shows at TDL are so so good (both regular and seasonal). I know this is hard for you to understand but if you live in Tokyo, or Japan. You can feel it. Everyday, the park lives by the guests. They contribute to every stage shows and parades. Everyday we have TV news and TV shows about Tokyo Disney Resort and I dont think they can do it at the States because of lake of seasonal entertainments. For me DLP is the most beautiful castle park. DL wins for rides. and TDL is the best in overall, the best satisfactory castle park. TDL doesnt have a blast fireworks show because they simply dont want to do it, so the ticket price could be as lowest at possible. If TDL ever do the fireworks in the future, Im pretty sure none of those fireworks shows at DL, MK and Epcot can beat. Japan is the best in fireworks industry but mostly none of us know this. A small firework show at rural area in Japan during September is already bigger than NY or 4th July fireworks at MK.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

Comment

Awesome stuff Timmy Always great to hear other views on these parks - going for the first time this Oct all the way from New Zealand! Cannot freakin wait lol stupid question - but what times are the fantasmic shows?

thanks!

Comment

You guys don't put MK as one of the top, if not the top, park(s). The one thing that stands out with MK is that is handles crowds so well, so while it has more visitors than DL and TDS, it is never packed to the brim as the other parks are. There are times when it is a struggle to move at DL. MK also has top notch attractions, and the only major attraction it doesn't have that DL has is Matterhorn. But, it has SDMT, which is actually a lot better than the jerky Matterhorn in my opinion, and it is much cleaner. It also has the PeopleMover!

Comment

You can always move around easily at WDS or the old DCA. That doesn't mean they deserved recognition as the top park.

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is a kiddy coaster with dark ride elements. It is a great attraction but shouldn't be compared to the Matterhorn. The Matterhorn was revolutionary when first built (I'm sure I don't need to explain why) and it still packs in a crowd 55 years later.

Comment

In comparing the parks, it's a bit narrow to only look at so-called Major Attractions. like Matterhorn. Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage is so unique, and once upon a time its precusor, 20,000 Leagues, was considered a major attraction. I still love it. I also love the Storyland Canal Boats, the DL version of Fantasmic (with its spectacular use of the steam ship and sailing ship), the upgraded Tom Sawyer Island, Alice in Wonderland, and a Main Street that is more like a real Main Street and not just one uninterrupted souvenir shop. They also have more live entertainment on Main Street, at the Diamond Horseshoe, on New Orleans Square, a better dining option at Blue Bayou, and New Orleans Square itself which doesn't exist in MK.

Comment

In my opinion, the only reason Disneyland is in the "best theme park" conversation with Tokyo DisneySea is because of the nostalgia many people on MiceChat have for it, its pioneering status, and because it's the only park that Walt Disney walked. None of these things make it the "best," they just give it more history, charm, significance, etc.

If you're approaching this objectively (or at least as objectively as possible), Disneyland cannot touch Tokyo DisneySea in terms of quality as a theme park. The only park that could have approached it would have been EPCOT Center, but that hasn't been true for over a decade.

ETA: I love Disneyland (it's my 3rd favorite theme park in the world), so this isn't meant to be a dig at it. Just my two cents...
              Last edited by WDWFigment; 07-10-2014, 11:34 AM.
              DisneyTouristBlog | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Please Visit My Travel Photography Blog, Covering Southern California and Beyond!

Comment

Originally posted by MyDisneySide94 View Post
                Guys have you seen this artwork before.it looks like Disney Seas Final port is Glacier Bay.
                http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KGUcXATVh3...+Disneysea.JPG
                Frozen hype and hullaballoo aside, I'm totally okay with this. It just seems to be the perfect addition, thematically.

Comment

Completely agreed!

Huge Thanks from me, too, TimmyTimmyTimmy!

Comment

I finally got a chance to visit TDR this year and what surprised me was that I enjoyed TDL more than TDS. TDS suffers from many of the same issues DCA did and still has, but I feel it gets a pass because it is so strong in other areas and also because of difference between Japanese and American guests. I'm pretty sure Mystic Rhythms, which turned out to be my second favorite show after only Fantasmic, would have been cancelled a long time ago in one of the American parks or at the very least had some Disney characters inserted into it. I'm not even sure Big Band Beat would have lasted very long with American audiences.

DCA is probably the best park to compare TDS to. Comparisons of second gates to magic kingdoms aren't really fair since the kingdoms always came first and have more history. Epcot is not a traditional theme park and neither is Animal Kingdom. The two studio parks are considered fairly weak so we are left with DCA and TDS.

TDS wins hands down in shows and merchandise. Food is a toss up since each is tailored to local tastes. Theming and atmosphere TDS gets the edge, but I would argue it isn't as obvious as one might think. DCA has some painfully weak areas such as Hollywood Pictures Backlot and Paradise Pier, but the parts that are done well (Cars Land and Grizzly Recreation Area) are equal to TDS. Now the one place I would give DCA an advantage over TDS is the ride line up. (This is purely comparing the two parks, not the two resorts as a whole.)

Transportation Rides
                    TDS- Transit Steamer, Electric Railway, Big City Vehicles
                    DCA - Red Car Trolley
                    Advantage TDS by a wide margin

Kids Play Area
                    TDS - Ariel's Playground
                    DCA - Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
                    As pretty as Ariel's Playground is, I ask myself which I would have rather played in as a child and the answer is clear. Advantage DCA

Test Track-Style Ride
                    TDS - Journey to the Center of the Earth
                    DCA - Radiator Springs Racers
                    This will probably be the greatest source of debate, but I believe the newer attraction is better. Too much of Journey's finale is spent in the dark. Advantage DCA

Dark Ride
                    TDS - 20k Under the Sea
                    DCA - Monsters Inc
                    I certainly admire 20k for its ambition, but even TDS fans admit that it is one of the weaker attractions there due mostly to the awkward ride vehicle configuration. Monsters Inc is solid, but underrated. Slight advantage DCA

Kids Rides
                    TDS - Mermaid Lagoon, Jasmine's Magic Carpets, Caravan Carousel
                    DCA - Bug's Land, Jumpin' Jellyfish, Golden Zephyr, Triton's Carousel of the Sea
                    These are basically the same rides with different themes. Tie

3D Movies
                    TDS - Magic Lamp Theater
                    DCA - MuppetVision 3D, Tough to Be a Bug
                    I didn't do the Magic Lamp Theater so I can't really judge it, although I don't think it is highly regarded. So maybe a slight advantage to DCA just because it has 2 movies.

Kiddie Coaster
                    TDS - Flying Fish
                    DCA - Goofy's Sky School
                    Two different styles of coasters, but ultimately slight advantage to Flounder's Flying Fish simply because it isn't as much of an eyesore. Advantage TDS

Simulator
                    TDS - StormRider
                    DCA - Soarin' Over California
                    StormRider is fun, but ultimately Soarin' is just more unique of a ride system and should look incredible once it receives digital projection. Advantage DCA

Big Coaster
                    TDS - Raging Spirits
                    DCA - California Screamin'
                    Maybe you could argue Raging Spirits is better themed, but it is still a weak coaster by any standards while CS is a great coaster. Advantage DCA

Kind of Educational Stuff
                    TDS - Fortress Explorations
                    DCA - Animation Building, Bakery Tour, Blue Sky Cellar
                    The Animation Building (or more accurately the attractions inside the building) gives the advantage to DCA, although it should be noted that TDS also has Turtle Talk as a separate attraction in American Waterfront. Advantage DCA

Major Attraction the Other Doesn't Have
                    TDS - Indy
                    DCA - Grizzly River Run
                    GRR is fun, but Indy takes this one by a wide margin. Advantage TDS

Toy Story
                    TDS - Mania
                    DCA - Midway Mania
                    Since we are just comparing the attractions, TDS wins with the better queue, but it is nice not having to run to get a FastPass at DCA. Advantage TDS

Tower of Terror
                    TDS - Hightower Hotel
                    DCA - Twilight Zone
                    I would say that this depends on how much you love The Twilight Zone. The TDS version does have many advantages in the better story and queue, but The Twilight Zone version has a better ride sequence. Both are inferior to the WDW version. Tie

Games
                    TDS - Arabian Coast Games
                    DCA - Games of the Boardwalk
                    I give the advantage to TDS since you get a consolation prize even if you lose. Also all their games are player vs house. I dislike player vs player games (the ones where only one person wins each round). Advantage TDS

Animatronic Heavy Ride
                    TDS - Sindbad
                    DCA - Ariel's Undersea Adventure
                    Even though Ariel is much better now, Sindbad is just flat out awesome. I don't speak a word of Japanese yet that song still somehow got stuck in my head. Advantage TDS

Minor Attractions
                    TDS - Aquatopia, Gondolas
                    DCA - Funwheel, Silly Symphony Swings, Junkyard Jamboree, Luigi's Flying Tires
                    These are so different it is hard to compare, but when it comes down to it, I'd rather have the four DCA attractions vs the two TDS attractions even though the TDS attractions would probably win against each DCA attraction if compared individually. Advantage DCA
                    Last edited by clippers6; 08-07-2014, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X