X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future Resort Expansion/Third Gate?

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    It's a THIN LINE between Love and Hate....
    Well...for me it's a matter of money spent. I feel that the MK is overpriced for what it offers as a whole experience...meaning the overall experience..not just rides and shows or how nice the CMs are, but quality that can be seen in every aspect of the operation...and I consider maintenance to be very high in my list of priorities... On the other hand... you have DL or TDL offering much more in every aspect for a lesser price paid. (This is based on a one day passport price)

I love going to the Mk as much as I enjoy going to TDL but I am not going to look the other way and avoid pointing out the obvious issues that bring down the quality down a notch. That was the difference between Disney and everyone else.. I think it's sad that Sea World and Busch Gardens are at this point in time the cleanest theme park facilities in FL.

Comment

If I was going to MK I'd want to see PhilHarmagic, Spash Mtn and Hall of Presidents and that's about all that we don't have in CA.

Comment

Forgive me but as far as I know... Splash Mt was placed in CA before the MK... I know because I rode it there before it was built in FL. Furthermore... I think the only reason why a Disney fanatic should go to the MK would be to ride COP, and see everything on property outside the MK.

Comment

Mouseplanet says COP may never re open.

And Splash Mtn at DL is a bit different than Florida.

Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder and Jungle Cruise, much the same in both parks.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
            Mouseplanet says COP may never re open.
            Rumors only, and if true, them more reason to go to the MK just to see it when they do run, especially this weekend when the crowds are back in town...

And Splash Mtn at DL is a bit different than Florida.
            Actually the one version you should see if the TDL one which is the much superior version of the 3. Plus, I will always love the original Splash in CA because it is the one with a different feel and the meanest drop into the brair patch!

Comment

Sorry it was JHM not MP:

"The bad news is ... The future doesn't look all that rosy for two Tomorrowland attractions, "The Timekeeper" and "The Carousel of Progress." Managers at the Magic Kingdom have reportedly told cast members at that theme park that the Circlevision 360 show will no longer be shown seasonally. In fact, "The Timekeeper" allegedly presented its very last performance sometime over the 2005 holiday season."

Comment

Originally posted by stitcharielsinbad
                you wouldn't happen to have more info of Westcot would you?
                Here's a good summary at Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westcot

Be sure and read the links on that page for more detail, especially Tony Baxter's presentation on the park. I hope that now he's ascendant again some of these plans might see the light of day. The concept of this park excites me so much it makes me insane that they never built it. Someday, maybe...

Comment

Oh gosh, and we got DCA? That makes me sick... Sorry, that was off topic.

Anyways, I've actually checked out TDL resort on Google Earth just out of curiousity. I had no idea it was so close to water, and didn't know it was like the DL resort. (a city surrounding it)

Comment

It isn't like DLR... Tokyo Bay touches TDR's south and west side, while a nice neighborhood is located to the north and a nice sports park facility and some warehouses in the port of Urayasu are found to the east.

Comment

Looks like the Disneyland Hotel at TDL is in full swing... I saw a photo in the paper (I'll scan it later) today of Mickey Mouse dressed up as a construction foreman holding blueprints, so some sort of Publicity stunt must of happened recently.

Comment

You can see those photos on Joe's TDR Site.... go here

http://www.jtcent.com/extras/news/news_060214.html

Comment

Thats a good publicity stunt but seems like it's gonna ruin the views of TDL and the Monorail station for a while with construction...
                          ...then just block them totally. I'm not really a fan of the placement, especially with it being so tall.

Comment

I too have the same concerns but will reserve my official opinion on this until I see the finished product.

Comment

"Thats a good publicity stunt but seems like it's gonna ruin the views of TDL and the Monorail station for a while with construction...
                              ...then just block them totally. I'm not really a fan of the placement, especially with it being so tall."

Well, it will only ruin views out into the bay and beyond. It will end up sandwiching the monorail between TDL and the new hotel. So, if you're riding the monorail, your views of TDL won't be affected, but if you look out the other side...well. I am very curious to see how this ultimatelly turns out though!
                              Meow

Comment

The view from the monorail to the opposite side of TDL is quite jarring... Train track bridge and elevated highway, with condo buildings that look like projects in NYC... Not exactly the best view from any DL in the World. I am hopeful that having this hotel there will greatly enhanced the front view of TDL... but will see how it develops...

Think of it.... those people in the condos with views of TDR may have their views now partially blocked forever... I would beticked if that was the case!!!!

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of coming into TDR from the Highway or the train...sort of a magic view of the castle popping up...

Comment

Well, it took them 14 years but the OLC have finally got that Disneyland Hotel they wanted as soon as they first laid their eyes on DLRP's hotel. I'm guessing a 'Esplanade' will be created betwen TDL, The Monorail Station and the DLH, complete with shopping and dining?
                                    Last edited by drnilescrane; 02-16-2006, 01:25 AM.

Comment

That is possible...except that between the monorail station and TDL they have to deal with hoardes of people for opening times and such...that might just add to the crowd...and besides I don't know if they want to take away people from Ikspari.

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb
                                        That is possible...except that between the monorail station and TDL they have to deal with hoardes of people for opening times and such...that might just add to the crowd...and besides I don't know if they want to take away people from Ikspari.
                                        Ikspiari does not open it's venues until 10am and there is a gate there prevening people from accessing the facility so they do not take guests away from Ikspiari in the morning hours at all.. Nearby, Bon Voyage is already opened from 7am but it's usually calmer in the morning time, and most guests will bypass it on their way to claim a spot in line to enter the park, especially before the park's opening time.

As for the space between the TDL Line station and the hotel.. I am sure it will be a very nice forecourt esplanande in that area to keep the elegant feel of the hotel going.

As for the space between the TDR Line station and TDL Park.. improvement are already underway to expand those walkways to accomodate the expected increase of guests in that area in the morning hours... Not a change I am too glad to see since it's taking away planters and trees and adding more flat cement to an area that now look devoid of charm and greenery...

See these pics below... See the oval floor line around the planters? That's how big the planters used to be as opposed to what they are now.. I miss the nice big trees and grassy areas of the bigger planters. As these pics show, the smaller planters make the forecourt entrance into TDL look rather flat, bare and uninspired.

Comment

You're right, it was sad before but it's worse.

Comment

Working...
                                          X