X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future Resort Expansion/Third Gate?

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    You're right, it was sad before but it's worse.
    Oh well... at least you can appreciate the level of cleanliness at TDL.

Comment

It would look better if it was paved and had a fountain like the one at Hong Kong Disneyland rather that a barren concrete Wasteland. I guess the problem lies in the fact that TDL really does get days where there is nowhere to move in that small space.

Comment

My hope, and I am not holding my breath on this...is that once the hotel is finished, they will add some extra touches here and make this entrance a much more welcoming esplanande... as for now... they did ok around the TDR Line station as you can see....

Comment

Nice but it could be so much better... Why not make Alice's Labyrinth right in front of the hotel, but short enough that adults can see over and only little kids get lost?

Comment

Originally posted by MiklCraw4d
            Here's a good summary at Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westcot

Be sure and read the links on that page for more detail, especially Tony Baxter's presentation on the park. I hope that now he's ascendant again some of these plans might see the light of day. The concept of this park excites me so much it makes me insane that they never built it. Someday, maybe...
            thanks! Westcot would look mighty purty alongside TDS and TDL in Tokyo....

Comment

WestCOT, would have looked so good in Anaheim, if they would have just waited a few years later, and not immediately canceled the plans.

As for Tokyo, they have a monorail system, this seems to be a fairly dumb question, is there any land nearby that they could purchase and extend the monorail?

Indoor waterpark would work, I believe that Japan has quite a few indoor waterparks, and would already have the knowledge at construction..

Comment

I was just thinking a bout a park which sorta continues the 'element' theme: you know, like Tokyo DisneySea is almost the equivalent of Tokyo Disneyland... just a quick few examples; Lost River Delta and Arabian Coast = Adventureland, American Waterfront = Main Street (oops World Bazaar).

But Tokyo DisneyAir sounds like an airline, and Tokyo DisneyFire is quite intimidating.
                BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
                October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
                TRIP REPORTS

Comment

I don't know if they would do that, a whole park about fire. I think the Disney Sea was planned for Long Beach, but Oriental Land saw this after it was canceled and thought probably it was good for a country that so reveres the sea (maybe stemming from the long closed Eternal Seas movie in TDL's TL)

I don't think they will building a park for quite a few years, TDS opened 18 years after TDL, so maybe in 2019 there will be a new park....

Comment

A park about fire would be pretty expensive to insure, wouldn't it?

Comment

Tokyo DisneySky? A park celebrating the myths and legends of the sky? I can see a Mt. Olympus, a land celebrating aviation history (think Condor Flats, but on a DisneySea scale)... I dunno. At first glance it doesn't seem to me as rich a theme as the Ocean, but I bet if you really think about it it could work.

Comment

DisneySky or DisneySpace would be cool...

Comment

Working...
                        X