This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MiklCraw4d
    started a topic Future Resort Expansion/Third Gate?

Future Resort Expansion/Third Gate?

Hiya kids,

I was just looking at the TDL Resort on Google Earth and trying to wrap my brain around the thing, having never been there and having never seen the way it was laid out. First of all, man, it's crammed in there. It just makes me wonder what OLC could do with room to breathe like at WDW.

The layout of TDS seems so weird... I've seen hundreds of pictures from the park, looked at the 'official' maps, and yet seeing it laid out for real is bizarre. I'm just trying to picture how the park flows.

The point of all this, is that I was wondering if there had ever been any talk from OLC about future expansion, and what that would entail. Obviously, they've run out of land save for the parking lots. There at least seems to be a little room for growth in TDS, although overall it is still a smaller park than TDL.

Do they have any desire for a third gate? Would they reclaim further land or just bulldoze something on the mainland to make way for it?

I was just wondering if there had ever been any murmurings from OLC about this...

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied
    Re: Future Resort Expansion/Third Gate?

DisneySky or DisneySpace would be cool...

Leave a comment:

• grvtydefy
    replied

Tokyo DisneySky? A park celebrating the myths and legends of the sky? I can see a Mt. Olympus, a land celebrating aviation history (think Condor Flats, but on a DisneySea scale)... I dunno. At first glance it doesn't seem to me as rich a theme as the Ocean, but I bet if you really think about it it could work.

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

A park about fire would be pretty expensive to insure, wouldn't it?

Leave a comment:

• pancakesaregood
    replied

I don't know if they would do that, a whole park about fire. I think the Disney Sea was planned for Long Beach, but Oriental Land saw this after it was canceled and thought probably it was good for a country that so reveres the sea (maybe stemming from the long closed Eternal Seas movie in TDL's TL)

I don't think they will building a park for quite a few years, TDS opened 18 years after TDL, so maybe in 2019 there will be a new park....

Leave a comment:

• Speedway
    replied

I was just thinking a bout a park which sorta continues the 'element' theme: you know, like Tokyo DisneySea is almost the equivalent of Tokyo Disneyland... just a quick few examples; Lost River Delta and Arabian Coast = Adventureland, American Waterfront = Main Street (oops World Bazaar).

But Tokyo DisneyAir sounds like an airline, and Tokyo DisneyFire is quite intimidating.

Leave a comment:

• pancakesaregood
    replied

WestCOT, would have looked so good in Anaheim, if they would have just waited a few years later, and not immediately canceled the plans.

As for Tokyo, they have a monorail system, this seems to be a fairly dumb question, is there any land nearby that they could purchase and extend the monorail?

Indoor waterpark would work, I believe that Japan has quite a few indoor waterparks, and would already have the knowledge at construction..

Leave a comment:

• stitcharielsinbad
    replied

Originally posted by MiklCraw4d
    Here's a good summary at Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westcot

Be sure and read the links on that page for more detail, especially Tony Baxter's presentation on the park. I hope that now he's ascendant again some of these plans might see the light of day. The concept of this park excites me so much it makes me insane that they never built it. Someday, maybe...
    thanks! Westcot would look mighty purty alongside TDS and TDL in Tokyo....

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

Nice but it could be so much better... Why not make Alice's Labyrinth right in front of the hotel, but short enough that adults can see over and only little kids get lost?

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

My hope, and I am not holding my breath on this...is that once the hotel is finished, they will add some extra touches here and make this entrance a much more welcoming esplanande... as for now... they did ok around the TDR Line station as you can see....

Leave a comment:

• drnilescrane
    replied

It would look better if it was paved and had a fountain like the one at Hong Kong Disneyland rather that a barren concrete Wasteland. I guess the problem lies in the fact that TDL really does get days where there is nowhere to move in that small space.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    You're right, it was sad before but it's worse.
    Oh well... at least you can appreciate the level of cleanliness at TDL.

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

You're right, it was sad before but it's worse.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Originally posted by tloolgb
    That is possible...except that between the monorail station and TDL they have to deal with hoardes of people for opening times and such...that might just add to the crowd...and besides I don't know if they want to take away people from Ikspari.
    Ikspiari does not open it's venues until 10am and there is a gate there prevening people from accessing the facility so they do not take guests away from Ikspiari in the morning hours at all.. Nearby, Bon Voyage is already opened from 7am but it's usually calmer in the morning time, and most guests will bypass it on their way to claim a spot in line to enter the park, especially before the park's opening time.

As for the space between the TDL Line station and the hotel.. I am sure it will be a very nice forecourt esplanande in that area to keep the elegant feel of the hotel going.

As for the space between the TDR Line station and TDL Park.. improvement are already underway to expand those walkways to accomodate the expected increase of guests in that area in the morning hours... Not a change I am too glad to see since it's taking away planters and trees and adding more flat cement to an area that now look devoid of charm and greenery...

See these pics below... See the oval floor line around the planters? That's how big the planters used to be as opposed to what they are now.. I miss the nice big trees and grassy areas of the bigger planters. As these pics show, the smaller planters make the forecourt entrance into TDL look rather flat, bare and uninspired.

Leave a comment:

• tloolgb
    replied

That is possible...except that between the monorail station and TDL they have to deal with hoardes of people for opening times and such...that might just add to the crowd...and besides I don't know if they want to take away people from Ikspari.

Leave a comment:

• drnilescrane
    replied

Well, it took them 14 years but the OLC have finally got that Disneyland Hotel they wanted as soon as they first laid their eyes on DLRP's hotel. I'm guessing a 'Esplanade' will be created betwen TDL, The Monorail Station and the DLH, complete with shopping and dining?
    Last edited by drnilescrane; 02-16-2006, 01:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tloolgb
    replied

I was thinking more along the lines of coming into TDR from the Highway or the train...sort of a magic view of the castle popping up...

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

The view from the monorail to the opposite side of TDL is quite jarring... Train track bridge and elevated highway, with condo buildings that look like projects in NYC... Not exactly the best view from any DL in the World. I am hopeful that having this hotel there will greatly enhanced the front view of TDL... but will see how it develops...

Think of it.... those people in the condos with views of TDR may have their views now partially blocked forever... I would beticked if that was the case!!!!

Leave a comment:

• gurgi
    replied

"Thats a good publicity stunt but seems like it's gonna ruin the views of TDL and the Monorail station for a while with construction...
    ...then just block them totally. I'm not really a fan of the placement, especially with it being so tall."

Well, it will only ruin views out into the bay and beyond. It will end up sandwiching the monorail between TDL and the new hotel. So, if you're riding the monorail, your views of TDL won't be affected, but if you look out the other side...well. I am very curious to see how this ultimatelly turns out though!

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

I too have the same concerns but will reserve my official opinion on this until I see the finished product.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X