Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TDS Halloween 2014

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • News TDS Halloween 2014


    Not sure how I missed this 6/20 press release, but Great Gatsby! Halloween at DisneySEA looks freaking AMAZING!!!

    1920's design and the main event is "New York Halloween Follies," A SHOW IN WATERFRONT PARK!!!

    Plus, finally the Skeletons will be doing street performances all over the park. The harbor show seems to be the same, but if they go all out with merchandising this year, they may finally get me to fall in love with these skeleton guys - I want their long-fingered gloves! Although I'd still really love a refresh of the lagoon show with Phantom of the Opera inspired candelabras like a Halloween interpretation of Candlelight Reflections. Oh well, Follies still has me pretty stoked!

    Chip 'n Dale's Skeleton Fiesta will also continue, and Night High Halloween, of course.

    But HOLY WOW for a STAGE show,:clap: especially one actually themed to the time period of American Waterfront New York! If the music is great, this could be as incredible as Mysterious Masquerade, something I haven't expected for a looong time! It reminds me of the 2002/04 Christmas events, which I have only ever seen in videos sadly, so I'm really excited for this one! Like that jazzy inaugural Harborside Christmas, New York Halloween Follies will even feature Scrooge McDuck!

  • #2
    Re: TDS Halloween 2014

    Thanks for posting.

    Glad there will be a stage show at TDS. Not a big fan of the skeletons. We'll have to see what they come up with.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: TDS Halloween 2014

      I think it is just like Halloween Day Dream but performing at American Waterfront because they cant do it on the harbour now because the Legend of Mythica will be ended soon.

      Night high Halloween soundtrack is great but i dont really sure how many show they will perform during that 54 days. (I bet they will cancel it mostly everyday)

      Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^


      Facebook
      Instagram
      Flickr
      Youtube

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: TDS Halloween 2014

        Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
        I think it is just like Halloween Day Dream but performing at American Waterfront because they cant do it on the harbour now because the Legend of Mythica will be ended soon.

        Night high Halloween soundtrack is great but i dont really sure how many show they will perform during that 54 days. (I bet they will cancel it mostly everyday)
        Sorry but no, no, and no. NY Halloween Follies is very clearly a new show. The harbor show is also still being performed. Follies, like Mysterious Masquerade, has three scheduled performances every day, so I'm thinking the odds of all of them being canceled are small.

        I'm hoping that the Lido Isle greeting, Welcome, Skeleton Friends! has all new music and that the Skeleton's secret word is as catchy as "Only tonight!" "Be Magical!" and "Haru Hazu Camu!" and even if it's small-ish, it's still on the harbor. Halloween Daydream was never must-see for me, and I never really felt it had enough impact to fill the whole harbor. Maybe by downscaling it to a greeting-style show they've managed to focus and concentrate the energy in a more satisfying way.

        Recently, especially after reading about the poor working conditions of Cast Members, I have been a bit disenchanted with OLC/Disney. While admittedly, Follies does nothing to address that issue, it does potentially improve the less serious problem of underwhelming entertainment in recent years. I'm choosing to be optimistic!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: TDS Halloween 2014

          Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
          Sorry but no, no, and no. NY Halloween Follies is very clearly a new show. The harbor show is also still being performed. Follies, like Mysterious Masquerade, has three scheduled performances every day, so I'm thinking the odds of all of them being canceled are small.

          I'm hoping that the Lido Isle greeting, Welcome, Skeleton Friends! has all new music and that the Skeleton's secret word is as catchy as "Only tonight!" "Be Magical!" and "Haru Hazu Camu!" and even if it's small-ish, it's still on the harbor. Halloween Daydream was never must-see for me, and I never really felt it had enough impact to fill the whole harbor. Maybe by downscaling it to a greeting-style show they've managed to focus and concentrate the energy in a more satisfying way.

          Recently, especially after reading about the poor working conditions of Cast Members, I have been a bit disenchanted with OLC/Disney. While admittedly, Follies does nothing to address that issue, it does potentially improve the less serious problem of underwhelming entertainment in recent years. I'm choosing to be optimistic!
          I mean the Halloween fireworks... Not the new stage show... Haha

          Is the harbor show like the Lido Isle Welcome to Spring? (Lido Island show) or full Harbor show?
          And Yeah although Halloween Day Dream is full harbor show, but I couldnt enjoy it. I dont mind for big or small show but I wish the new soundtrack is good. That's it. I love the current Easter in NY and Lido Isle Welcome to Spring so much and already spent hours to camp before the show. Right now I just wait for the new summer show at TDL next few days.

          For the Minnie Tropical Splash, will they add something or exactly like last year?

          TDR changes the seasonal shows so fast... I wish they keep seasonal shows for many years such as Mysterious Masquerade, Bonfire Dance, Soryo Kobu,....
          Last edited by Duyanh92; 07-06-2014, 09:16 PM.

          Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^


          Facebook
          Instagram
          Flickr
          Youtube

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: TDS Halloween 2014

            Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
            I mean the Halloween fireworks... Not the new stage show... Haha
            Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
            Is the harbor show like the Lido Isle Welcome to Spring? (Lido Island show) or full Harbor show?
            And Yeah although Halloween Day Dream is full harbor show, but I couldnt enjoy it. I dont mind for big or small show but I wish the new soundtrack is good. That's it.
            We are SO ALIKE!:lmao: My big concern is the music, too. Welcome, Skeleton Friends! will be a smaller show, like Welcome to SpringMousequerade Dance. If the music for Skeleton Friends and Follies is jazzy fantastic and even in the same league as Spring Voyage or Mysterious Masquerade, though, I'll be very happy. While I actually like the "Halloween Daydream" choral part of Halloween Daydream, the rest leaves me a bit cold. It's too much with the skeletons and no crowd participation. We need to be and see tons of guests with Skeleton fan caps and long fingers and fun silliness to make it matter, like the way we had masks to match the party ghosts for Mysterious Masquerade.

            Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
            I love the current Easter in NY and Lido Isle Welcome to Spring so much and already spent hours to camp before the show. Right now I just wait for the new summer show at TDL next few days.
            Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
            For the Minnie Tropical Splash, will they add something or exactly like last year?

            TDR changes the seasonal shows so fast... I wish they keep seasonal shows for many years such as Mysterious Masquerade, Bonfire Dance, Soryo Kobu,....

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: TDS Halloween 2014

              Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
              i :love: the Spring Voyage music, too! I wish they'd release a CD with instrumental versions… I don't care at all about the summer event, though. They might as well put up signs saying, "Men need not come unless accompanied by a woman and prepared to carry her pink purse."
              I personally love Soryo Kobu but it seems that the water somehow makes me not want to watch it... I plan to watch Minnie Tropical Splash few times because it is the only entertainment they are offering now (mostly I want to take photos of the show)... I have no choice haha... Although I think I hate it pretty much... the soundtrack means nothing to me... I cant feel the music of this show.

              Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
              I miss Bonfire Dance SO MUCH!!! It's the only summer event I've ever really gotten into because it had a really immersive narrative and AMAZING music. Mysterious Masquerade and Spring Voyage are wonderful for the same reason…BUT…I'm glad they change things up to keep it fresh and creative, as long as the quality is consistent.
              I dont mind they change the shows too but they should sometimes bring back the most popular shows to attract guests rather than using money to create new shows and concepts.
              Some worst refreshment(personally) are:
              Candlelight Reflections to Color of Chirstmas
              Braviseamo to Fantasmic (did they use the floats from Candlelights Reflections to make the Fantasmic?)
              And one thing that I really hate is that they keep using and using the 10th anniversary float in DisneySea for every shows....

              Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^


              Facebook
              Instagram
              Flickr
              Youtube

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: TDS Halloween 2014

                Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
                I personally love Soryo Kobu but it seems that the water somehow makes me not want to watch it... I plan to watch Minnie Tropical Splash few times because it is the only entertainment they are offering now (mostly I want to take photos of the show)... I have no choice haha... Although I think I hate it pretty much... the soundtrack means nothing to me... I cant feel the music of this show.
                I like the concept of the Summer Festival/Soryo Kobu, but I hoped the costumes would be really traditional, like hapi and hachimaki, Awa Dance hats and fans. I wanted merchandise featuring Cleo and Nemo in plastic bags and menu items like Mickey-shaped mochi dango with sweet soy sauce or miso. I hoped for Mickey-shaped taiko drums and Disney-inspired yukata for sale. I hoped it would really feel Japanese, and so far it hasn't really been enough for me. I feel even Bonfire Dance felt much more like an authentic Japanese summer festival atmosphere in terms of decoration, theming, merchandise, and music.

                Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
                I dont mind they change the shows too but they should sometimes bring back the most popular shows to attract guests rather than using money to create new shows and concepts.
                Some worst refreshment(personally) are:
                Candlelight Reflections to Color of Chirstmas
                Braviseamo to Fantasmic (did they use the floats from Candlelights Reflections to make the Fantasmic?)
                And one thing that I really hate is that they keep using and using the 10th anniversary float in DisneySea for every shows....
                Fantasia

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: TDS Halloween 2014

                  Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                  I like the concept of the Summer Festival/Soryo Kobu, but I hoped the costumes would be really traditional, like hapi and hachimaki, Awa Dance hats and fans. I wanted merchandise featuring Cleo and Nemo in plastic bags and menu items like Mickey-shaped mochi dango with sweet soy sauce or miso. I hoped for Mickey-shaped taiko drums and Disney-inspired yukata for sale. I hoped it would really feel Japanese, and so far it hasn't really been enough for me. I feel even Bonfire Dance felt much more like an authentic Japanese summer festival atmosphere in terms of decoration, theming, merchandise, and music.
                  Haha I hope they will at least to keep the Japanese style festival at TDL from now on. Just change the shows but please keep the concept of dancing group.

                  I just saw the new summer show at TDL on Youtube and im really really disappointed... I thought they still do the stage show like Soryo Kobu the Embu but in smaller scale. But actually they do the boring jumping parade. This is the most boring summer show Ive ever seen. I cant even see the dancers in the video. I need to check it again this weekend at the park. Maybe the atmosphere is good because sometimes the video cant do the justice.

                  I think this is an end to stage show at TDL unless they stop OUAT or they figure out some solutions.


                  Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                  Yes, yes, and YES!! I think it would be great to revisit classics like Dramatic DisneySEA or Cinderellabration, just with tweaks to the music and narrative to keep it fresh — but similar in concept and merchandising. Long-time fans can enjoy the nostalgia and new fans can experience some part of what we missed!:yea:
                  Yes I love Dramatic DisneySea but the CD doesnt really similar to the original show. They were actually wasted many floats in past. I hope they still keep some floats in the backstage so they can reuse it.

                  Cindellebration was really a huge winter show! I just saw it on bluray yesterday. Truly magical and amazing!

                  Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                  The original Colors of Christmas stage show at Waterfront Park was truly spectacular; I didn't appreciate it enough at first, but it really grew to wow me. The harbor show replacement with no stage show and the same name just feels very much beneath OLC standards to me. That lopsided "Christmas tree" looks like it's being thrown out the day after Christmas. It's very disappointing.
                  Yes the original one is spectacular, but some past Christmas shows were also amazing. The harbor one is just so boring. And if you already went you know how popular it is right? I camped 1h30 hours but still cannot get the good view. However, its soundtrack is my top favorite playlist. I listen to it mostly every week... The Enya premusic that played before the show is sweet. The post music is also awesome haha!

                  Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                  BraviSEAmo! was brilliant and original and gorgeous and BIG ENOUGH in sound, music, emotion and viewable-from-all-angles visuals to be a satisfyingly immersive experience from every location around the lagoon. Fantasmic!, while having some really good ideas, fails because it really is only great from a very limited "sweet spot." Plus, it's basically a Disney movie medley rather than being a powerful showcase of Disney's creative power to craft innovative new experiences. It feels like a backward step, and I'm very apprehensive about what will replace Mythica next year. I love Mythica very, very deeply. It has come to my attention that many guests really don't pay attention to the words, the story, the narrative and the message. I find this a tragic shame, and I wish the show could run forever. Maybe someday they'll make a full-length feature similar to Fantasia, but with original music!:lmao: …Let me dream, ok?
                  I love Mythica, too. Im planning to record and edit a full version because I really love this show. Hopefully the weather will treat me well next week. A super typhoon is approaching... I love to see it in Lido Isle where many guests can clap hands... and we do not directly look to the sun haha!!

                  But NUMBER ONE is ABSOLUTELY…

                  Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                  THAT DARN "BE MAGICAL!" FLOAT!!!:thumbdown:

                  I can't stand that thing. I didn't even like it in 2011, and the fact that we just see it ALL the time for EVERYTHING now is a VERY frustrating lowering of the bar that continues to disappoint me greatly on a regular basis. It makes me less interested in shows and less confident in OLC in fundamental ways. I'd like a special New Year's-only encore of BraviSEAmo! and for the finale Prometeo can BURN that darn barge and blow it to smithereens!…:lol:

                  Oh, but wait… We don't get harbor shows or parades for New Year's anymore…
                  Yeh they keep using that float and the transit steamer line but I do love the steamer line... Not so annoying like the Be Magical Floats. Hopefully this winter they wont use it for Color of Christmas.

                  I saw some clips on Youtube about NY party and it was pretty awesome. I think they used all the floats they was having in the backstage and brought all to the harbor... and ROCK!!! so cool right?
                  Last edited by Duyanh92; 07-08-2014, 05:48 AM.

                  Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^


                  Facebook
                  Instagram
                  Flickr
                  Youtube

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: TDS Halloween 2014

                    Yep, this years Summer show in TDL is really disappointing. Cost cuts and reducing dancers comes into my mind when I saw the clip. Well people will go to TDL for OUAT at the moment, so OLC can probably afford such a lousy summer show. At least the announcement for the Halloween in TDS gives some hope that they still can make good season special... I really hope it is a good new stage show in TDS.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: TDS Halloween 2014

                      Originally posted by slapshot View Post
                      Yep, this years Summer show in TDL is really disappointing. Cost cuts and reducing dancers comes into my mind when I saw the clip. Well people will go to TDL for OUAT at the moment, so OLC can probably afford such a lousy summer show. At least the announcement for the Halloween in TDS gives some hope that they still can make good season special... I really hope it is a good new stage show in TDS.
                      Not really reducing the dancers. There are many dancers around the street but you cant see them. I mean the show is not bad... but if they make some floats for the dancers to stand on and dance, it would be great. The floats for the characters have so minimum space. I saw Mickey hit his arm onto the fence.

                      I just hate that they sell Natsu 5 passport but they dont have any summer night show.

                      Soryo Kobu can be rated as good to amazing show. When last year summer show was that good. Next year might me worse, and it is true. Last year Halloween at TDS was terrible and this year it seems to improve, as well as Christmas!

                      1 thing that I really dislike is they use all the images from Soryo Kobu last year to promote on their TDR page, even on the vacation package that makes me think the new show is the same style staged show.
                      Last edited by Duyanh92; 07-08-2014, 06:03 PM.

                      Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^


                      Facebook
                      Instagram
                      Flickr
                      Youtube

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: TDS Halloween 2014

                        Just the summer shows and i have to say they have added some dancers in Tropical Splash and many Dancers in Garyou Gunbu but garyou gunbu has less water usage than Tropical splash
                        Speaking of Minnies Tropical it has improved this especially in the main barge there is a new mist screen in it and new song called Samba Samba.and in Garyou Gunbu i really liked that they did a remix of Enka and pop in it, it really feels a Japanese festival.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: TDS Halloween 2014

                          Originally posted by MyDisneySide94 View Post
                          Just the summer shows and i have to say they have added some dancers in Tropical Splash and many Dancers in Garyou Gunbu but garyou gunbu has less water usage than Tropical splash
                          Speaking of Minnies Tropical it has improved this especially in the main barge there is a new mist screen in it and new song called Samba Samba.and in Garyou Gunbu i really liked that they did a remix of Enka and pop in it, it really feels a Japanese festival.
                          Yes Tropical Splash is way better this year!

                          And you are true, they add more dancers to Garyo Gunbu but the show takes place around the hub so we cannot really see dancers in the video. This show is great if actually we stand there and see. However, the show is still a mess compared to Soryo Kobu because it does really need a vantage point/ good view to see. The final dance is really catching and some movements remind me Bonfire Dance.

                          Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^


                          Facebook
                          Instagram
                          Flickr
                          Youtube

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: TDS Halloween 2014

                            Can't wait for my trip in October. Thanks for posting the image. It seems that Disney Fan magazine is holding off its Halloween coverage this year. There was nothing in the August issue, and appears to be nothing in September either. I think they're waiting until the October issue, which is much later than usual.
                            Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: TDS Halloween 2014

                              only a couple of pages in the current Disney Fan - the pics were small but I could make out Devil Daisy and Mummy Donald along with Chip & Dale

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X