Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Indiana Jones Adventure

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

    Originally posted by Datameister
    I've also seen many photos of the queue, and to be honest, I think I prefer the Forbidden Eye queue. The Tokyo version seems much more open--the mild sense of claustrophobia in the Anaheim cue enhances the feel of the ride.

    I've heard that the Tokyo ride vehicles feel a little more electronic in their rocking movements because of the different mechanisms used for the motion simulation. Anaheim's vehicles supposedly feel more like actual troop transports on bumpy terrain.
    Oh I think that this queue is very enhancing. It is just huge and the walls of the first room are covered with paintings, some of them eroding away. It's just massive and a little more detailed, Indy's office is really cool, I have waited a long time in the standby line and there's lot's of stuff in Indy's office you'll want to check out. The one thing I don't like is that the video is more brief and not as entertaining. I'm referring to the safety video before the ride, both versions have it. But dispite the video, the detail and sheer size of this queue is just mind blowing. I prefer this one, but I do love the Anaheim queue.

    Comment


    • #22
      Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

      Originally posted by DisneySeaFan
      Oh I think that this queue is very enhancing. It is just huge and the walls of the first room are covered with paintings, some of them eroding away. It's just massive and a little more detailed, Indy's office is really cool, I have waited a long time in the standby line and there's lot's of stuff in Indy's office you'll want to check out. The one thing I don't like is that the video is more brief and not as entertaining. I'm referring to the safety video before the ride, both versions have it. But dispite the video, the detail and sheer size of this queue is just mind blowing. I prefer this one, but I do love the Anaheim queue.
      So to sum up, these things are better in the TDS version( I did a search for the differences)?

      - Lost River Delta area adds to the immersion level compared to Adventureland
      -temple(huge and more detailed)
      -queue(more detailed)
      -ride vehicles(easier to maintain because they don't spill oil)
      -Chamber of Purity(more detailed)
      -Crystal Skull idol (scarier than Mara)
      -Blue vortex(better than the overused lava effects)
      -bug room(more realistic)
      -fire blowing statue(way better than rat room)
      -dart room(3D statues of skeletons instead of paintings)

      And these are what's better in the Disneyland version

      -more interactive elements in queue
      -better preshow video
      -3 rooms instead of 1 room in first chamber(is this good or bad?)
      -more narration from Indy (e.g during the snake room)
      -fire effects add to sense of danger

      After comparing, I have a few more questions to those who've ridden the TDS version.

      1. How are you attacked in the "Chamber of Bubbling Death"(main chamber)? Does the Crystal Skull shoot something at you, and does the bridge shake, what's used under the bridge instead of lava, etc...

      2. How does the snake animatronic compare to the one at Disneyland after the rehab(the one that has longer fangs and strikes at you)?

      3. What happens in the mummy room and the room where Mara's spirit is projected? Did they change this completely?

      4. Did anyone understand the narration? If you did, can you please tell me what Indy is saying becuase I have no clue.

      5. To anybody who's ridden Indy at Disneyland after the rehab..."Which effects are still better at the TDS version?"

      6. Did they take out all the randomization effects from this ride? At Disneyland, Indy has like 150,000 different ride combinations. How about TDS's version or is it always the same ride?
      Last edited by TDR_Fan; 02-06-2006, 08:55 PM.
      ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

      Comment


      • #23
        Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

        Forget asking all those questions TDR.... If your budget allows, JUST GO! You won't be disappointed.

        Comment


        • #24
          Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

          Originally posted by TDLFAN
          Forget asking all those questions TDR.... If your budget allows, JUST GO! You won't be disappointed.
          Can you please answer them? I like to know everything about a ride before I go, and I need to know if it's worth spending so much money. I know the entire resort is breathtaking, but right now I'm only concentrated on the rides. After you answer them, I promise I'll go.
          ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

          Comment


          • #25
            Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

            I can't answer your questions because I feel you should make your decision based on seeing the resort and not just some rides.. I can tell you all of these attractions are great and worth spending the money to visit TDR, but I do not want you to go all the way there, then be disappointed and come back thinking TDLFAN was wrong and made these rides appear better than what they are. Sorry. You need to go and make up your own mind about what you see. Obviously NotAffraid had a great time and she already offered some good advise. Me? I just don't want to be resposible for filling your head with ideas of what you may experience, then come home disappointed.

            Comment


            • #26
              Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

              Originally posted by TDLFAN
              I can't answer your questions because I feel you should make your decision based on seeing the resort and not just some rides.. I can tell you all of these attractions are great and worth spending the money to visit TDR, but I do not want you to go all the way there, then be disappointed and come back thinking TDLFAN was wrong and made these rides appear better than what they are. Sorry. You need to go and make up your own mind about what you see. Obviously NotAffraid had a great time and she already offered some good advise. Me? I just don't want to be resposible for filling your head with ideas of what you may experience, then come home disappointed.
              All I want to know about is Indy, and I don't think you can make it out to be any better than I already think it to be since I've seen the video on Barry Bedford, so how about it? Just those 6 questions, and I'll figure out the rest about the beauty of TDR when I go there. Please? I'm begging you!! :bow:
              Last edited by TDR_Fan; 02-06-2006, 08:56 PM.
              ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

              Comment


              • #27
                Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                Originally posted by TDR_Fan
                1. How are you attacked in the "Chamber of Bubbling Death"(main chamber)? Does the Crystal Skull shoot something at you, and does the bridge shake, what's used under the bridge instead of lava, etc...
                Same as DL. The bridge shakes, a ray of light appears to hit the bridge from the stone face, there is the twister-like fog effect...

                2. How does the snake animatronic compare to the one at Disneyland after the rehab(the one that has longer fangs and strikes at you)?
                The DL one appears to be a cobra, while this more like a skinny snake that vaguely resembles a dragon with fangs..

                3. What happens in the mummy room and the room where Mara's spirit is projected? Did they change this completely?
                I have not been on DL's version enough to remember this particular scene. But at TDS the ride is basically the same as DL's except for the face that shoot the ring of smoke at you before the dart scene.

                4. Did anyone understand the narration? If you did, can you please tell me what Indy is saying becuase I have no clue.
                Iunderstand is a translation of the english version, but I do not know japanese. Just what I have been told.

                5. To anybody who's ridden Indy at Disneyland after the rehab..."Which effects are still better at the TDS version?"
                Last time I rode DL's was back in July 05 and didn't see anything different or superior to TDS', but I do like the lighting and special effects at TDS a lot.

                6. Did they take out all the randomization effects from this ride? At Disneyland, Indy has like 150,000 different ride combinations. How about TDS's version or is it always the same ride?
                As far as I know, the ride has never felt the same way in terms of vehicle motion, but I do not know the answer to that for sure.

                Comment


                • #28
                  Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                  Thanks for your help. One scene that I thought was impressive in the Disneyland version is the narration from Mara.

                  Mara: You seek the future...etc
                  Mara: INFIDEL..you looked into my eyes..your path now leads to the Gates of Doom!
                  ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                    Originally posted by DisneySeaFan
                    and a couple things are more detailed. In the first room, real statues are used instead of painted flats.
                    Doesn't the first room of the Disneyland version have giant golden snake statues lining the room with a large golden Mara statue at the front? I don't remember seeing other statues in the video beside the Crystal Skull in the TDS version so how is it more detailed?

                    P.S- I'm not sure about this but in the main chamber, I heard instead of lava they used some kind of mist/electricity under the bridge.
                    Last edited by TDR_Fan; 02-07-2006, 03:20 PM.
                    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                      Originally posted by TDR_Fan
                      Doesn't the first room of the Disneyland version have giant golden snake statues lining the room with a large golden Mara statue at the front? I don't remember seeing other statues in the video beside the Crystal Skull in the TDS version so how is it more detailed?

                      P.S- I'm not sure about this but in the main chamber, I heard instead of lava they used some kind of mist/electricity under the bridge.
                      Um there are gold snake statues a little farther up, but there are painted flats that illustrate, the three paths, depending on the room (fortune, knowledge, youth). In this version, there is one room and there are real statues pouring water from the fountain of youth instead of the painted flats. Instead of the golden mara, it's the crystal skull, you are trying to sneak past it, it doesn't matter if you look into it's eyes. Also, there is no narration replacing Mara's, however before you go into the room, on both sides there are snaking corridors filled with mist, very cool.

                      Comment


                      • #31
                        Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                        Originally posted by DisneySeaFan
                        Um there are gold snake statues a little farther up, but there are painted flats that illustrate, the three paths, depending on the room (fortune, knowledge, youth). In this version, there is one room and there are real statues pouring water from the fountain of youth instead of the painted flats. Instead of the golden mara, it's the crystal skull, you are trying to sneak past it, it doesn't matter if you look into it's eyes. Also, there is no narration replacing Mara's, however before you go into the room, on both sides there are snaking corridors filled with mist, very cool.
                        Wow...that sounds interesting. But there's nothing replacing the snake statues? Was I right about the electricity under the bridge?
                        ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                        Comment


                        • #32
                          Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                          Originally posted by TDR_Fan
                          Wow...that sounds interesting. But there's nothing replacing the snake statues? Was I right about the electricity under the bridge?
                          I'm not sure, I think there are snake statues, but it's fuzzy. Electricity under the bridge?

                          Comment


                          • #33
                            Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                            Originally posted by DisneySeaFan
                            I'm not sure, I think there are snake statues, but it's fuzzy. Electricity under the bridge?
                            You know the main chamber right? Isn't there some sort of effect under the bridge? When you said there were "snaking corridors filled with mist", did you mean the place where the vehicle first leaves the station and is approaching the first door? I also noticed after entering the chamber, there is a veil of water to both sides. Is this true also?
                            ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                            Comment


                            • #34
                              Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                              Well the blue and green whatever you want to call it appears to be flashing under the bridge. Yes the corridors are after the vehicle leaves the station just as you approach the first room.

                              Comment


                              • #35
                                Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                                Originally posted by TDR_Fan
                                Was I right about the electricity under the bridge?
                                The bottom of the pit has a blanket of fog and some hidden strobe lights underneath it to make it appear as if there was an electric current traveling in it, and this is quite visible after you see the gian snake and then go around the back of the chamber. Also, there are "electricity"-like lighting light effects that appear thur the walls in some of those scenes... As for the beginning of the ride.. I thought DL's version also had the 3d statues of snakes like TDS' but I am always more mesmerized looking upward and enjoying the lovely dark blue skies with fiber optic stars in the first scene when you first encounter the Crystal Skull.

                                But TDR Fan (a codename that strikes me as odd since you have never been to TDR..but whatever)...there is so much to look at in this ride, it's impossible to sit here and describe it to the smallest details as you inquire.. Simply impossible. Go GOTTA GO TO TDR and find out for yourself.
                                Last edited by TDLFAN; 02-07-2006, 09:35 PM.

                                Comment


                                • #36
                                  Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                                  Originally posted by TDLFAN
                                  The bottom of the pit has a blanket of fog and some hidden strobe lights underneath it to make it appear as if there was an electric current traveling in it, and this is quite visible after you see the gian snake and then go around the back of the chamber. Also, there are "electricity"-like lighting light effects that appear thur the walls in some of those scenes... As for the beginning of the ride.. I thought DL's version also had the 3d statues of snakes like TDS' but I am always more mesmerized looking upward and enjoying the lovely dark blue skies with fiber optic stars in the first scene when you first encounter the Crystal Skull.

                                  But TDR Fan (a codename that strikes me as odd since you have never been to TDR..but whatever)...there is so much to look at in this ride, it's impossible to sit here and describe it to the smallest details as you inquire.. Simply impossible. Go GOTTA GO TO TDR and find out for yourself.
                                  Let me just see if I'm reading it correctly. Please clarify on these:

                                  1. So the bottom of the pit is most visible after the giant snake or did you mean the strobe lights are easily seen?

                                  2. Which snake statues are you talking about in TDS's version? I know for sure that Disneyland's has 3 sets of golden snake statues but never noticed any in the video of the TDS version.

                                  3. When you say electricity runs through the walls, do you mean they light up?

                                  4. I thought the blue skies with fiber optic stars were only in the Disneyland version after you entered the chamber in which the future is revealed?

                                  Thanks for the help. I'll be going mid July!
                                  ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                                  Comment


                                  • #37
                                    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                                    Originally posted by DisneySeaFan
                                    Um there are gold snake statues a little farther up, but there are painted flats that illustrate, the three paths, depending on the room (fortune, knowledge, youth). In this version, there is one room and there are real statues pouring water from the fountain of youth instead of the painted flats. Instead of the golden mara, it's the crystal skull, you are trying to sneak past it, it doesn't matter if you look into it's eyes. Also, there is no narration replacing Mara's, however before you go into the room, on both sides there are snaking corridors filled with mist, very cool.
                                    Actually, I don't think they're pouring water from the Fountain of Youth. The Chamber of Purity is where people bathed to wash away any impurity before going on to the Fountain of Youth which I think is the big blue vortex.
                                    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                                    Comment


                                    • #38
                                      Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                                      They're pouring water whether it's holy or not I don't know but it's water. Actually, it's supposed to be water but it is glass with lighting that makes it look like it's flowing.

                                      Comment


                                      • #39
                                        Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                                        Originally posted by DisneySeaFan
                                        They're pouring water whether it's holy or not I don't know but it's water. Actually, it's supposed to be water but it is glass with lighting that makes it look like it's flowing.
                                        There is no priest in sight so I don't think they are "holy".. hehehe!!

                                        Comment


                                        • #40
                                          Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                                          Originally posted by DisneySeaFan
                                          They're pouring water whether it's holy or not I don't know but it's water. Actually, it's supposed to be water but it is glass with lighting that makes it look like it's flowing.
                                          So it's not real water? That means the water sounds are coming from hidden audio systems?
                                          ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X