This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

I'd have to ride again but can't remember if there is real water being poored down or not... I always get distracted by the lovely starry faux sky above this scene.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN
      I'd have to ride again but can't remember if there is real water being poored down or not... I always get distracted by the lovely starry faux sky above this scene.
      Look at the bottom for my post(#45). Is there any way to delete extra posts?
      ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Sorry...error with my computer.

Comment

Sorry...my computer got stuck and it sent out multiple messages.

Comment

Like I said before, I always thought the dark sky with stars was only in the chamber where Mara gave you visions of the future. How does this fit in with the TDS version since we're only looking for the Fountain of Youth?

Comment

Sorry to bring you back to the queue line, but I really liked Paco's Pre-show movie better than Sallah's.

I like the way the "Sunlight" moves through the different holes and highlights all the perils in store painted on the walls.

I found the hidden mickey in the plaster rendering on the walls in the main queue chamber.

I hope no-one peed in the TDS water fountains that I drank out of.
              DLR California - 1991, 1999, 2002, 2007, 2009
              DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
              DLR Tokyo - 2005
              DLR Paris - 2011
              DLR Hong Kong -2011
              DLR Beijing -TBA

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan
                Like I said before, I always thought the dark sky with stars was only in the chamber where Mara gave you visions of the future. How does this fit in with the TDS version since we're only looking for the Fountain of Youth?
                I am sorry but I am totally lost here... I have no clue what you are talking about..fountain of youth and Mara. This is not the same story they have going at TDS. Plus I don't remember that many small details of the ride, concidering I have ridden it several times. I never concern myself with how things fit with one another and this and that... I enjoy the ride without giving it that much thought, therefore.. I am not posting here anymore... I am getting a headache with all these questions. TDRFan needs to go to TDR and see for himself what the experience is like. I can't honestly answer any more questions as I am beginning to feel like a scratched record here repeating myself over and over... Sorry.

Comment

Let me just see if I'm reading it correctly. Please clarify on these:

1. So the bottom of the pit is most visible after the giant snake or did you mean the strobe lights are easily seen?
                  >>
                  I'm anal about small details, so I'll be more then happy to answer questions about any of Tokyo's attractions. Please forgive me if I miss a detail or two, because I haven't been there since late last year.... but I do remember the little things quite well.

To answer this question, you have to realize that they layout (the track of the ride) as well as the show scenes are EXACTLY the same as Anahiem. Just as Dinosaur in Animal Kingdom is the same (although it's much harder to tell since most of it is in the dark.)

The best times to actually see the blue pit in Tokyo is the same as in Anahiem.... as you go across the bridge, and after the snake looking 'through' the backside of the giant skull mountain thing, or along side of it on the way to the dark areas. The differences in the main show room are themes: in America we have a fake lava pit mixed with real fire effects. In Japan they have an outstanding blue tornado vortex that reaches the show building height, connecting to a 'blue fog pit' (instead of the lava pit) that appears to be a swirling electrical storm, with strobe lights (hidden, mind you) underneath the fog to simulate thunder. It's really a matter of preference, as some people really like the fire effects in Disneyland, which are cool. Personally, I like Tokyo's because I've never seen a 'swirling electrical storm pit' before, and I've seen fire effects at almost every theme park around.

2. Which snake statues are you talking about in TDS's version? I know for sure that Disneyland's has 3 sets of golden snake statues but never noticed any in the video of the TDS version.
                  This is a good question. I don't remember for sure, but because I don't remember a big difference, I'd bet that it's the same. The snake was better, I remember, but they may be more or less the same now that Disneyland's was upgraded.

3. When you say electricity runs through the walls, do you mean they light up?
                  I think he was talking about the major electricity effect, which in Disneyland (as well as Tokyo) happens right after you look into the eyes of Mara and swerve to the left, and 'up the temple stairs' room. In Tokyo's, of course, the difference is that instead of looking into the eyes of Mara, you look at the Crystal Skull which, itself, does a trippy LED/strobe light/laser thing before swerving to the left into the electricty/temple stairs room. The electricity/temple stairs rooms are identical in both versions, both using very expensive lighting effects to give the 'electricity in the walls' look. The anamatronic of indy holding the doors back seems a little better in Japan, and there's much more fog coming out from behind the doors he's holding back in Tokyo's. There's additional 'electricity in the walls' effects throughout the ride, including right after you go up the temple stairs and have the 'big wow' moment of seeing the temple (the accent this with some more electricity effects, timed at basically the same rate as California's fireball erupting.) You then go to the left through the skeleton sequence, which has far less painted flats then Disneyland, then to the infamous bug room, which, contrary to popular belief, is NOT different then Anahiem's. It's still black and white, not color, although it works every time rather then randomly. You then go across the bridge just like in Anahiem, and get a great view of the amazing skull face (colored blue instead of Disneyland's red) to your left, and the enormous swirling tornado to your right. As you enter the snake sequence, they added the electricity effect from the 'climbing up the stairs' sequence to these walls, and it's quite striking.

4. I thought the blue skies with fiber optic stars were only in the Disneyland version after you entered the chamber in which the future is revealed?

Thanks for the help. I'll be going mid July!

Comment

I have a question about the queue. Which one of these is the actual temple entrance? This one or the one on the right? They both appear to be entering but have different carvings. And when you enter into the main pyramid room, how many different "statues" are there? I've only seen one so far.

*Courtesy of *

P.S- To "kayoss", thanks for all the details! When you say that the Anaheim version has a fireball erupting, where is that? I never noticed it. And when you say the first chamber has all 3 effects of the Anaheim version, does this include the gold and treasures? The snake statues I meant were the ones in the first chamber. e.g like the golden snake statues in the Anaheim version. Which queue did you prefer out of the two? Also, I heard many people say the bug room is better because it's better projected and 3D like.
                    Last edited by TDR_Fan; 02-09-2006, 05:05 PM.

Comment

This is the "statue" I was talking about in the queue. Look in my previous post if you haven't read it yet. To those who don't want to, my question was "how many of these statues are in the pyramid part of the queue and do they all look the same?"

Comment

The one on the left is the entrance to the temple. You go through the doorway in the right picture first, and walk through an eerie corridor carved out of stone with creepy stone heads bathed in red light in the walls above you.

you exit the corridoor and wind through to the temple door.

Oh, the Fastpass line doesn't go through the "Corridor", as the corridor is only there to make the standby line a little more accommodating for the volume of guests. Fastpass goes almost straight to the temple entrance.
                        DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
                        DLR Tokyo - 2005
                        DLR Paris - 2011
                        DLR Hong Kong -2011
                        DLR Beijing -TBA

Comment

and there's only one statue, it's placed with it's back against the wall that leads to the show building, and water drips out of one of the serpent's heads into a shallow pool filled with rotting skeletons.

Up above the statue to the right you can just see the walkway as it enteres the rest of the queue (after spiralling up through the first queue chamber)
                          DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
                          DLR Tokyo - 2005
                          DLR Paris - 2011
                          DLR Hong Kong -2011
                          DLR Beijing -TBA

Comment

Originally posted by lashbear
                            The one on the left is the entrance to the temple. You go through the doorway in the right picture first, and walk through an eerie corridor carved out of stone with creepy stone heads bathed in red light in the walls above you.

you exit the corridoor and wind through to the temple door.

Oh, the Fastpass line doesn't go through the "Corridor", as the corridor is only there to make the standby line a little more accommodating for the volume of guests. Fastpass goes almost straight to the temple entrance.
                            So the right corridor leads to this hall first and then the head carving? Does this mean you go out in sunshine for a brief moment before going in the temple entrance?

And the temple entrance on the left leads to this huge chamber?

Comment

Originally posted by kayoss
                              Personally, I like Tokyo's because I've never seen a 'swirling electrical storm pit' before, and I've seen fire effects at almost every theme park around.
                              Kayoss, the only other park where you see this effect is at Universal Studios Florida's Twister attraction. You see the same twister in the main theater when guests experience the Twister assault, and at Universal..this show is pretty awesome!

Comment

Kayoss, the only other park where you see this effect is at Universal Studios Florida's Twister attraction. You see the same twister in the main theater when guests experience the Twister assault, and at Universal..this show is pretty awesome!
                                I think he was talking about the bottom of the pit, not the vortex. Personally, I think the vortex at TDS is way better looking and more realistic than the one at Universal Studios.

Comment

There is no priest in sight so I don't think they are "holy".. hehehe!!
                                  I guess it's not holy but you and I could go in there and bless it with the Porto Paradiso chant ritual, handclapping, heys, grunts and all!

Comment

I find it weird that the Disneyland version is never really in a temple at all. Even the queue is not in the temple at all! It's just a cheap gimmick IMO.

Comment

So the right corridor leads to this hall first and then the head carving? Does this mean you go out in sunshine for a brief moment before going in the temple entrance?

And the temple entrance on the left leads to this huge chamber?
                                      Here is the layout as I remember it...

I hope this helps !!

-Rob.
                                      DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
                                      DLR Tokyo - 2005
                                      DLR Paris - 2011
                                      DLR Hong Kong -2011
                                      DLR Beijing -TBA

Comment

Originally posted by lashbear
                                        Here is the layout as I remember it...

I hope this helps !!

-Rob.
                                        Does this main entrance lead directly to the "anteroom"?

And this entrance leads to the "face corridor" which leads out into the entrance above?

How do the Fastpass people get in the "main entrance" to the temple if there's only one door?

Comment

One more question about the queue....Is there music playing in the queue or some sort of audio that adds to the scary ambience?

Comment

Working...
                                          X