Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Indiana Jones Adventure

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure


    Let's mark this as "B"



    Let's mark this as "A"

    Here's the same map with these two doors marked:


    Door "C", which is the fastpass queue entrance into the anteroom, has not been pictured as yet. I'll see if I have a photo of it for you.

    Cheers,
    Rob.
    DLR California - 1991, 1999, 2002, 2007, 2009
    DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
    DLR Tokyo - 2005
    DLR Paris - 2011
    DLR Hong Kong -2011
    DLR Beijing -TBA

    Comment


    • #62
      Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

      Originally posted by TDR_Fan
      One more question about the queue....Is there music playing in the queue or some sort of audio that adds to the scary ambience?
      There is constant audio in the queue, but as you can imagine, there is also much chatter from the waiting throngs, but I dare you not to be creeped out when walking through the dimly lit silhouette tunnel - the ambience there is really eerie - except if the person in the queue in front uses their brightly lit mobile phone to play games while waiting.
      DLR California - 1991, 1999, 2002, 2007, 2009
      DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
      DLR Tokyo - 2005
      DLR Paris - 2011
      DLR Hong Kong -2011
      DLR Beijing -TBA

      Comment


      • #63
        Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

        Originally posted by lashbear
        There is constant audio in the queue, but as you can imagine, there is also much chatter from the waiting throngs, but I dare you not to be creeped out when walking through the dimly lit silhouette tunnel - the ambience there is really eerie - except if the person in the queue in front uses their brightly lit mobile phone to play games while waiting.
        What type of audio does it play? A musical score? The "silhouette tunnel" you're talking about is the antechamber right?
        Last edited by TDR_Fan; 02-10-2006, 06:14 PM.
        ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

        Comment


        • #64
          Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

          Most of it is what I call "ambiant musical noises" - not really music, but setting the mood - I think there was a gramophone in indy's office part that played music to set the era.

          The silhouette tunnel comes as a "bridging tunnel" between the temple and the show building (I think) - I'm sure I also heard whispered voices piped into this area as well. There is also another chamber that has sun-lit warnings (the "Sun" shines through 3 different port-holes in the roof, and reflects off a mirrored altar and onto various painted warnings behind you). There is also a walk-through office area with a large blackboard containing information about the temple (this is where the drinking fountains are). Then there is a room where "Paco" plays a film warining you of the exciting adventure ahead (and telling you how to fasten your seatbelts) - and then the queue resembles the DL one and takes you down to the loading area.

          I'll watch my DVD's tonight to see if I videoed a walkthrough of the queue.
          DLR California - 1991, 1999, 2002, 2007, 2009
          DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
          DLR Tokyo - 2005
          DLR Paris - 2011
          DLR Hong Kong -2011
          DLR Beijing -TBA

          Comment


          • #65
            Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

            PS: the antechamber is just a hollow room where the two queues meet before going into the temple proper. There is usually a meet and greet CM at this point.
            DLR California - 1991, 1999, 2002, 2007, 2009
            DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
            DLR Tokyo - 2005
            DLR Paris - 2011
            DLR Hong Kong -2011
            DLR Beijing -TBA

            Comment


            • #66
              Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

              Originally posted by lashbear
              Most of it is what I call "ambiant musical noises" - not really music, but setting the mood - I think there was a gramophone in indy's office part that played music to set the era.

              The silhouette tunnel comes as a "bridging tunnel" between the temple and the show building (I think) - I'm sure I also heard whispered voices piped into this area as well. There is also another chamber that has sun-lit warnings (the "Sun" shines through 3 different port-holes in the roof, and reflects off a mirrored altar and onto various painted warnings behind you). There is also a walk-through office area with a large blackboard containing information about the temple (this is where the drinking fountains are). Then there is a room where "Paco" plays a film warining you of the exciting adventure ahead (and telling you how to fasten your seatbelts) - and then the queue resembles the DL one and takes you down to the loading area.

              I'll watch my DVD's tonight to see if I videoed a walkthrough of the queue.
              That would be good if you had a video of the whole queue...)
              You said the silhouette tunnel comes as a "bridging tunnel" between the temple and the show building? So you go from the big pyramid part of the queue(fresco paintings) to the smaller curved chambers like the one with the reflecting mirror and the creepy glowing eyes?
              This is the silhouette tunnel right?

              And this entrance is what leads into the silhouette tunnel right ?
              Last edited by TDR_Fan; 02-10-2006, 07:34 PM.
              ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

              Comment


              • #67
                Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                I just want to say that the execution of Paco, a Japanese man playing a Mexican with English subtitles, is hilarious.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                  so, why exactly are you garnering all of these details about a queue?

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                    Originally posted by woxel1
                    I just want to say that the execution of Paco, a Japanese man playing a Mexican with English subtitles, is hilarious.
                    What's the Japanese for "yo quiero taco bell" ?
                    DLR California - 1991, 1999, 2002, 2007, 2009
                    DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
                    DLR Tokyo - 2005
                    DLR Paris - 2011
                    DLR Hong Kong -2011
                    DLR Beijing -TBA

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                      Originally posted by stitcharielsinbad
                      so, why exactly are you garnering all of these details about a queue?
                      I like to gather all deatils of a ride before I go. It's sort of an additciton really...if I don't get it I'll go crazy.
                      ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                        BTW: is this the TDR Fan of http://www.tdrfan.com/ fame ??
                        DLR California - 1991, 1999, 2002, 2007, 2009
                        DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
                        DLR Tokyo - 2005
                        DLR Paris - 2011
                        DLR Hong Kong -2011
                        DLR Beijing -TBA

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                          Originally posted by lashbear
                          BTW: is this the TDR Fan of http://www.tdrfan.com/ fame ??
                          No...that would be Chris.
                          ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                            Sorry, I don't think I know Chris - does he post here ?
                            DLR California - 1991, 1999, 2002, 2007, 2009
                            DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
                            DLR Tokyo - 2005
                            DLR Paris - 2011
                            DLR Hong Kong -2011
                            DLR Beijing -TBA

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                              Originally posted by lashbear
                              Sorry, I don't think I know Chris - does he post here ?
                              I don't think so. BTW, did I post the correct picture of the silhouette tunnel?
                              ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                                Ok, wht you posted as the silhouette tunnel is actually the sunlight warning room. The hole in the ceiling is one of the shafts that light comes through, and the mirror is off to the right in the picture.

                                I watched my video of the queue, and it goes:

                                Jungle
                                Carved face tunnel
                                Jungle
                                Anteroom
                                Main Temple Chamber
                                Short dark corridor (the entrance of which is the last photo you posted)
                                Sun-lit warning room
                                Silhouette tunnel
                                Indy's office area
                                "Over the tracks" area (like the one in california where there are interesting items displayed, and you're basically walking over the jeeps tracks - you can see them through some gratings low down in the wall)
                                Stairs to load area.

                                Cheers,
                                Rob.
                                DLR California - 1991, 1999, 2002, 2007, 2009
                                DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
                                DLR Tokyo - 2005
                                DLR Paris - 2011
                                DLR Hong Kong -2011
                                DLR Beijing -TBA

                                Comment


                                • #76
                                  Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                                  Originally posted by lashbear
                                  Ok, wht you posted as the silhouette tunnel is actually the sunlight warning room. The hole in the ceiling is one of the shafts that light comes through, and the mirror is off to the right in the picture.

                                  I watched my video of the queue, and it goes:

                                  Jungle
                                  Carved face tunnel
                                  Jungle
                                  Anteroom
                                  Main Temple Chamber
                                  Short dark corridor (the entrance of which is the last photo you posted)
                                  Sun-lit warning room
                                  Silhouette tunnel
                                  Indy's office area
                                  "Over the tracks" area (like the one in california where there are interesting items displayed, and you're basically walking over the jeeps tracks - you can see them through some gratings low down in the wall)
                                  Stairs to load area.

                                  Cheers,
                                  Rob.
                                  I wish there was someway I could see your video...then I could see all the details!:yea:
                                  ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                                  Comment


                                  • #77
                                    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                                    [QUOTE]
                                    Originally posted by TDR_Fan
                                    P.S- To "kayoss", thanks for all the details! When you say that the Anaheim version has a fireball erupting, where is that? I never noticed it.
                                    Probably because it was broken for almost 2 years (at the very least worked REALLY rarely). It was fixed last time Indy went down for it's extensive rehab a year or so ago, and now works more often. It's more of a gust of fire then a 'fireball' actually, like a cross between a flamethrower and something suddenly igniting. It's pretty big and loud though, and when it's working, you can't miss it.

                                    And when you say the first chamber has all 3 effects of the Anaheim version, does this include the gold and treasures?
                                    Yes, but varients of all the artwork of all three. There are water effects (like Anahiem's fountain of youth door), gold coins and treasure SCULPTED and in 3D replacing the scrim paintings (like Anahiem's treasure room door), and of course a fibre optic twinkling starfield celing (almost exactly like Anahiem's future door). Come to think of it, I seems to remember hints of goldish fibre optics in walls of this room in Tokyo as well, making the treasure appear to sparkle more. In general, that room is REALLY packed with lighting effects and eye candy, as detail artwork elements relating to the Crystal Skull.

                                    The snake statues I meant were the ones in the first chamber. e.g like the golden snake statues in the Anaheim version. Which queue did you prefer out of the two?
                                    Both are absolutely spectacular, and so different I think it's unfair to compare them. Disneyland's is MUCH longer, and a technical marvel. It's length and sneaky way it takes you out of the park and into a building is brilliant. The outdoor section of Disneyland's, with the generator, temple entrance, and rockwork is outstanding. The whole cue, from the the excavation details, to the bat cave, to the spike room (broken for months, but will hopefully return to being interactive), to the interactive guy on the rope you can pull, to the projector scene. It's outstanding.

                                    Tokyo's is equally (and sometimes more) detailed, although perhaps less so at first glance, since you don't need to walk the significant length like at Disneyland. The exterior, of the aztec pyramid, is one of the most underrated and astounding Disney sculptures out there. Especially knowing it's concrete and plaster. The big pyramid room, with it's collection of corpses and skeletons below you, and wooden plankways edging their way up the interior of the pyramid took my breath away when I first saw it. It's such a darker tone then Disneyland's. The room in the cue where the light comes in and shines on the metal plate-like thing (people call it the 'warning' room?) is actually a full 10-minute long lighting effect and sound sequence. I highly, highly recommend just standing there (letting the occasional person pass by you) so you can watch the whole sequence. It's done so well, matched with such perfect sound, it feels like you're in a real forbidden temple. When the light quickly turns to a dark blue, simultaneously synced with a huge subwoofer-heavy thunder sound, then you see the bright white-ish light swell and get brighter, you really feel like Indy in some lost movie sequence. Since this area of the cue is usually empty of people (if you go during a slow time for DisneySea) you are pretty much alone. To your left and to your right, you see the coffin-like claustrophobia of the narrow pyramid walls, and if you pretend just enough... that exact space in that cue is the closest I've felt at being completely 100% immersed in a Disney environment. For just a moment, if you let it take you away, you are trapped inside a pyramid with some weird crazy ancient stuff happenin’ right there, and you just might not get out alive. Of course, you just have to keep walking down the cue where there’s more delights to see, including a slightly bigger version of Indy’s office, minus the annoying cage that exists in Anaheim, which blocks your view of a lot of details. In Tokyo, there’s no cage. The desk is just sitting there with all it’s contents. You could probably spend a half an hour looking at how much detail is here. It saddens me knowing they couldn’t do this in America because it would be destroyed by vandals within a week. Actually, all of Japan’s cues are like that, unprotected with set pieces right in front of you. Because in Japan they don’t destroy something that obviously took designers years of their lives to build. I admire the fact that they have that respect, and as a bonus, you get to experience Disney attractions at a level of intimacy impossible to do at a lawsuit-happy American park.

                                    Also, I heard many people say the bug room is better because it's better projected and 3D like.
                                    I don't know why people always say this. I think it's just because the rest of the ride is so great and improved, it may just LOOK better to them. It may very well be a little brighter. But, strangely enough, this is one thing that appears to be exactly like the system used in America, although the actual projectors are a bit more hidden in Japan. It is still B&W. It has never, as so many people have said, a color projection... and because so many people mentioned it, I made sure to give it extra attention. I think the other improvments throughout the ride will make up for it though

                                    Comment


                                    • #78
                                      Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                                      Originally posted by TDR_Fan
                                      I wish there was someway I could see your video...then I could see all the details!:yea:
                                      Ahhhhh.. but that would involve me being able to burn a NTSC DVD.....


                                      ....Oh, that's right. I can.

                                      ...but I couldn't do that and spoil all the surprises, could I ??

                                      Bwah hah hah hahhhhh !! :evil:

                                      But if I did that, then they'd ALL want one..... :mob:
                                      DLR California - 1991, 1999, 2002, 2007, 2009
                                      DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
                                      DLR Tokyo - 2005
                                      DLR Paris - 2011
                                      DLR Hong Kong -2011
                                      DLR Beijing -TBA

                                      Comment


                                      • #79
                                        Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                                        Originally posted by kayoss
                                        The whole cue, from the the excavation details, to the bat cave, to the spike room (broken for months, but will hopefully return to being interactive), to the interactive guy on the rope you can pull, to the projector scene. It's outstanding.

                                        The bat cave is no longer filled with bats and the warning sign is gone also. All that's left is an empty cave...

                                        Now that you've brought the fireball up, I seem to remember seeing it just as we were about to cross the main bridge. You said something about the TDS version having electricity effects to accent this at the exact same place on the bridge? How does this work since there are no walls on the bridge?

                                        I think the reason they think the bug room is better is because the Disneyland version used to have really blurry and flat bugs. Since you've ridden it after the refurb, the two should be quite similar but then again....people who have ridden both recently say that the Tokyo version is still more clearer.

                                        One more question about the Hall of Promise(treasure room)...Did the room have a bright blue veil of water on each side of the room because I heard from a source that it did. So far I know it has all 3 treasure effects(carvings of jewels and gold, urns pouring water, fiber optic sky), some kind of snake statues, and the Crystal Skull sitting on a coiled snake pillar. I heard this chamber is also quite dark and the walls are well carved unlike the Anaheim version. Even the first door you enter is a lot more detailed than any of the 3 doors in the Anaheim version right? If you look back(after the doors close) on the Anaheim version after entering the treasure room, you'll find a plain wall with absolutely no detail at all which clashes with the excellent theming in that room. I don't see why they couldn't just carve it like the front...

                                        P.S- What is your favorite ride kayoss?
                                        Last edited by TDR_Fan; 02-22-2006, 05:18 PM.
                                        ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                                        Comment


                                        • #80
                                          Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

                                          Aww man, now you got me all interested!! I am after all an imagineer and i want to know this stuf!!!!

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X