X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

Originally posted by FutureImagineer183
    Aww man, now you got me all interested!! I am after all an imagineer and i want to know this stuf!!!!
    I know what you mean...the TDS version has so many details that I want to know everything. Let's wait until kayoss comes back so he can post more details.)
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Aww man, now you got me all interested!! I am after all an imagineer and i want to know this stuf!!!!
      I mostly want to know about the large Crystal Skull in the Chamber of Bubbling Death that replaced the large stone face of Mara. The large stone face does represent the Crystal Skull right? What else could it be? I remember both temples had giant stone faces of their respective idols in the main chamber just like the rotten face of Mara shooting lasers at you. Also, do they still have the 60 mph winds blowing in the mummy chamber at TDS? A friend of mine went 2 years ago and told me it was still working, but given the fact that Disneyland's no longer has this effect, I was curious if TDS removed it too.
      Last edited by TDR_Fan; 02-16-2006, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
        Just from DisneySeaFan's description, I want to see this ride really badly!
        DITTO.
        how many indy rides are there? and are they all different?

Comment

theres ours(DL) TDSs and DLPs(which is just a cheap roller coaster from what ive herd!)!

Comment

theres ours(DL) TDSs and DLPs(which is just a cheap roller coaster from what ive herd!)!
            That is correct.

You all know what DL's Indiana Jones looks like... Well check these outdoor shots:

From TOP to BOTTOM...
            1st photo--> TDS' Raging Spirits- TDSea's copy of Paris' Indy coaster (But not related or themed to Indi, however, sits next door to TDS' Indy and features simialr theming)
            2nd photo--> DLParis' Indiana Jones et Le Temple Du Peryl
            3rd photo--> TDS' Indiana Jones And the Temple of the Crystal Skull

Just because I am nice.... Sometimes.

Comment

Sorry that I've been away.... I'll answer all the questions a little later today, as I'm currently booked with work from now until 5ish tonight.

Comment

Wow, DLP's looked cheaper then i thought! And Wow!! TDS's is HUGE!!! Question! is the ride itself in the Pyramid or is there a seprate show building(like ours, except its way out of the berm)?

Comment

Wow, DLP's looked cheaper then i thought! And Wow!! TDS's is HUGE!!! Question! is the ride itself in the Pyramid or is there a seprate show building(like ours, except its way out of the berm)?
                  The actual ride is in the temple beside the pyramid. The pyramid holds most of the queue area.

Comment

Wow, that sure is an amazing exterior! But still... I really like the "hiddeness" of Disneyland CA's. I saw a video of Tokyo's it looked very cool. The boulder scene lighting made the effect seem better and more scary. The snake was like a head on a hinge like the orignial one in DL just he looked much different. And the Tornato was AMAZING... Though I was dissapointed to not see a 3 door switch effect... The 3 door switch in CA's gives you a falce sense that the temple is HUGE. Without that, it seems small.. Just to me anyway.

Comment

oh, now i get it! Wow, even the show buidings detailed! (unlike with us, we just have a painting of a jungle, and no one knows its Indy!)

Comment

Originally posted by Disneylandrocks55
                        Wow, that sure is an amazing exterior! But still... I really like the "hiddeness" of Disneyland CA's. I saw a video of Tokyo's it looked very cool. The boulder scene lighting made the effect seem better and more scary. The snake was like a head on a hinge like the orignial one in DL just he looked much different. And the Tornato was AMAZING... Though I was dissapointed to not see a 3 door switch effect... The 3 door switch in CA's gives you a falce sense that the temple is HUGE. Without that, it seems small.. Just to me anyway.
                        I feel the same way especially with the 100 diffrent combinations, i always see something new every time!

Comment

does anyone here do the vmk quests?

Comment

plz dont post random things, start a new thread plz! Thanx!

Comment

Originally posted by Disneylandrocks55
                              Wow, that sure is an amazing exterior! But still... I really like the "hiddeness" of Disneyland CA's.
                              I do not prefer one building over the other, however, the intimate and more compact setting od DL park works great for that particular queue and pyramid. At TDS.. everything is more exagerrated, hence the bigger buillding, and indoor queue over DL's. Also at TDS, the entire building is inside the park's berm, unlike DL's.

Though I was dissapointed to not see a 3 door switch effect... The 3 door switch in CA's gives you a falce sense that the temple is HUGE. Without that, it seems small.. Just to me anyway.
                              Actually, I am glad they got rid of that unnecesary door switch. At DL, you get this expansive feel of nothingness before you go through the doors, while at TDS, the imagineers were able to design a very beautiful indoor temple set, complete with pools of water and lighting effects on either side of the single door into the ride. It's beautiful and I like it better than Dl's first scene.

Comment

But DLs gives you the feeling of randomness, and i usualy see something new each time!

Comment

But DLs gives you the feeling of randomness, and i usualy see something new each time!
                                  Aside from the 3 different doors, you get the same effects. Sure you remove the randomness of the 3 possibilities, but you get a more detailed room that combines all 3 effects. I'm glad they made this choice for TDS.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                                    I do not prefer one building over the other, however, the intimate and more compact setting od DL park works great for that particular queue and pyramid. At TDS.. everything is more exagerrated, hence the bigger buillding, and indoor queue over DL's. Also at TDS, the entire building is inside the park's berm, unlike DL's.

Actually, I am glad they got rid of that unnecesary door switch. At DL, you get this expansive feel of nothingness before you go through the doors, while at TDS, the imagineers were able to design a very beautiful indoor temple set, complete with pools of water and lighting effects on either side of the single door into the ride. It's beautiful and I like it better than Dl's first scene.
                                    I know what you mean! There's basically nothing to look at as you are being led into one of the 3 doors. I saw the video of the TDS version, and the area leading into the first door is very detailed and creepy as compared to the empty set leading to the 3 doors of our Indy.

Comment

I love our Indy! and judging from pics i love TDSs too, but to compare them is just too much! they both are just valuable treasures! I am just grateful we have ours instead of an Eyore Parking lot(sign is in Projection room!)Question! Are there any hidden things( that dont have to do with Indy) like us, like Bones, and the Eyore sign?

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan
                                        Aside from the 3 different doors, you get the same effects. Sure you remove the randomness of the 3 possibilities, but you get a more detailed room that combines all 3 effects. I'm glad they made this choice for TDS.
                                        Yes, not to mention that Disneyland's "three doors" effect barely works. It's almost always down and simply stuck on one "door" (usually the future). But again, it's great that both attractions have unique features and are not merely clones.

Comment

• Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

I love our Indy! and judging from pics i love TDSs too, but to compare them is just too much! they both are just valuable treasures! I am just grateful we have ours instead of an Eyore Parking lot(sign is in Projection room!)Question! Are there any hidden things( that dont have to do with Indy) like us, like Bones, and the Eyore sign?
                                          Couldn't agree more. Both are great attractions, and unique on their own.

Comment

Working...
                                          X