X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

Originally posted by TDR_Fan
    The bat cave is no longer filled with bats and the warning sign is gone also. All that's left is an empty cave...
    Really? I was just at Disneyland park a few days ago and could've sworn I saw some rubber bats in the cave cue area (you've always really had to look hard, up where the light is shining out.) But can't say for sure if they've indeed removed the Bat "Warning" sign. If so, anyone know when they did this?

Now that you've brought the fireball up, I seem to remember seeing it just as we were about to cross the main bridge. You said something about the TDS version having electricity effects to accent this at the exact same place on the bridge? How does this work since there are no walls on the bridge?
    Not on the bridge, but on the walls coming up in front of you surrounding the snake sequence.

I think the reason they think the bug room is better is because the Disneyland version used to have really blurry and flat bugs. Since you've ridden it after the refurb, the two should be quite similar but then again....people who have ridden both recently say that the Tokyo version is still more clearer.
    I'm convinced hindsight is 20/20 on this one. They're pretty much the same.

One more question about the Chamber of Purity(first chamber)...Did the room have a bright blue veil of water on each side of the room because I heard from a source that it did.
    You heard right.

So far I know it has all 3 treasure effects(carvings of jewels and gold, urns pouring water, fiber optic sky), some kind of snake statues, and the Crystal Skull sitting on a coiled snake pillar. I heard this chamber is also quite dark and the walls are well carved unlike the Anaheim version. Even the first door you enter is a lot more detailed than any of the 3 doors in the Anaheim version right? If you look back(after the doors close) on the Anaheim version after entering the treasure room, you'll find a plain wall with absolutely no detail at all which clashes with the excellent theming in that room. I don't see why they couldn't just carve it like the front...
    Again, this is correct. As is typical of the Tokyo attractions, everything is over-the-top, and spare-no-expense. All sequences are 'carved' and three dimensional set pieces on Tokyo's Indy.

P.S- What is your favorite ride kayoss?
    Anywhere? I'm not quite sure. I have many favorites, although I have a particular fondness for Dark Rides, and roller coasters that use unusual systems. As far as my top 10 in Tokyo Disney Resort here they are (keep in mind I still haven't been on Journey to the Center of the Earth as both times I've been to the resort, it's been closed....):

1) Pooh's Hunny Hunt
    2) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
    3) Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crystal Skull
    4) Splash Mountain (by FAR the best version of all)
    5) Sindbad's Seven Voyages
    6) Aquatopia (think I like trackless rides much?)
    7) Space Mountain
    8) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (the fastest of the four, beating Paris'!)
    9) Rocket Jets (what can I say? I'm old school)
    10) Haunted Mansion (lovely, lovely version this)

Comment

I'd say... off the top of my head.... my all-time favorite rides would be:

1) Pooh's Hunny Hunt (TDL)/20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (TDS)/Spiderman (IOA)
      2) Spaceship Earth (epcot)
      3) Phantom Manor (DLP)
      4) X (magic mountain) / Space Mountain: Mission 2 (DLP) / practically any flying coaster
      5) Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crystal Skull (TDS)

Comment

[QUOTE]
        I mostly want to know about the large Crystal Skull in the Chamber of Bubbling Death that replaced the large stone face of Mara. The large stone face does represent the Crystal Skull right? What else could it be? I remember both temples had giant stone faces of their respective idols in the main chamber just like the rotten face of Mara shooting lasers at you.
        Both large stone faces are pretty much idenitcal, as in, they both do look like Mara However, Tokyo's is a bit more roundish looking and has a blue light against it, instead of Disneyland's red light. There is also electricity going on in the eye of Tokyo's stone mara. The lasers in that room are also much more pronounced in Tokyo's.

Also, do they still have the 60 mph winds blowing in the mummy chamber at TDS? A friend of mine went 2 years ago and told me it was still working, but given the fact that Disneyland's no longer has this effect, I was curious if TDS removed it too.
        The winds are definitely there, working, of course. Fits in well with the whole electricity/storm theme that winds through Tokyo's Indy ride. Everything is operating top notch..

Comment

Originally posted by kayoss

Both large stone faces are pretty much idenitcal, as in, they both do look like Mara However, Tokyo's is a bit more roundish looking and has a blue light against it, instead of Disneyland's red light. There is also electricity going on in the eye of Tokyo's stone mara. The lasers in that room are also much more pronounced in Tokyo's.

The winds are definitely there, working, of course. Fits in well with the whole electricity/storm theme that winds through Tokyo's Indy ride. Everything is operating top notch..
          WOW! I never knew the first chamber was so much more detailed than ours with only one treasure effect! There's so much to see and experience that you would have to ride it multiple times. Thanks for telling me. :yea:

What do you mean when you say the laser is more pronounced? Are you sure the giant stone face doesn't represent the Crystal Skull since you are in it's temple?:lol: The one here in the main chamber represents Mara so I'm guessing this one's symbolizing the Crystal Skull?
          Does a green laser shoot out of the giant Crystal Skull's eye(I don't think it represents Mara )? I saw the electricity effect in the eye as you said(looked like it was charging up the laser) in the video.

Is there anything in the other eye and mouth of the Crystal Skull because the concept art shows some weird orange fog?

Oh and the mudslide room I was talking about is the room following the Snake Temple. I think it's the one filled with skulls buried by mud. Here's my question again...
          "I heard there is a large crystal skull here and a smaller one which is glowing brightly. Which one is the projection? " How many times are images of the Crystal Skull shown throughout the ride?
          Last edited by TDR_Fan; 02-18-2006, 08:48 AM.
          ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Really? I was just at Disneyland park a few days ago and could've sworn I saw some rubber bats in the cave cue area (you've always really had to look hard, up where the light is shining out.) But can't say for sure if they've indeed removed the Bat "Warning" sign. If so, anyone know when they did this?

Not on the bridge, but on the walls coming up in front of you surrounding the snake sequence.
            Hmm...the last 3 times I went on Indy(which was in January/06), the bats were definitely gone. Not even a single one left as I looked up. The sign and all the bat sounds were gone as well which left me a bit confused as no one told me anything about them removing one of the best parts of the queue. Maybe they put the bats on another ride? Does anyone know if this is temporary or not?
            Last edited by TDR_Fan; 02-18-2006, 08:03 AM.

Comment

One more question about the Chamber of Purity(first chamber)...Did the room have a bright blue veil of water on each side of the room because I heard from a source that it did.

You heard right.

Again, this is correct. As is typical of the Tokyo attractions, everything is over-the-top, and spare-no-expense. All sequences are 'carved' and three dimensional set pieces on Tokyo's Indy.
              Can you please describe the water veil effect for me? Is it located in the treasure room? Oh and have you ever looked back towards the door after you've entered the first chamber of the TDS version?
              If so, was the back of the door exactly the same as the front? I watched the video again, and noticed that in the "Snake Temple" part, the animatronic appears to have 2 heads. Was I hallucinating or does is it actually a 2 headed snake?

Also, you know the area after you go down under the rolling boulder(It's where Indy is standing beside the trapped boulder). I noticed steam coming from the ground in our version, but what about TDS's version? Is the room still the same in design?

Is their Tunnel of Torment different from our's? Do they have the pictures of natives carrying jugs and vases here too, or do they have nothing else besides the electricity?
              Last edited by TDR_Fan; 02-25-2006, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Its the ride system he is talking about! Pooh's uses a unique system that appears you vehicle has a mind of it own! and there is no track, and its not necesarrily dark(judging from pics) and as Kayoss said, he likes rides that have unique ride system and this is by far, the most unique! And its not all painted flats and there are so many element in the ride and you vehicle alows you to see them all! and not to mention, its the only Fantasyland ride that has a fastpass
                Last edited by FI183; 02-18-2006, 01:25 PM.

Comment

I just realized that I got the order of the ride chambers all mixed up.:shy: It's actually:

1. Chamber of Purity
                  2. Hall of Promise
                  3. Tunnel of Torment
                  4. Gates of Doom
                  5. Cavern of Bubbling Death
                  6. Mummy Chamber
                  7. Bug Room
                  8. Snake Temple
                  9. Mudslide Room
                  10. Idol Cave
                  11. Dart Corridor
                  12. Rolling Boulder Finale

Just so you know....
                  Last edited by TDR_Fan; 02-25-2006, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Is the statue that shoots a fireball at your vehicle the Crystal Skull also? If not, what is it since it speaks to you? Do they use color lighting for this effect?

Comment

Gheez... can you come up with anymore questions, TDR Fan? I got tired just reading your posts, lol
                      -Wes

Comment

LOL thats how i felt at first, but then i got interested, after i have to know these things for my future career!

Comment

Working...
                        X