Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Journey to the Center of the Earth

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth

Originally posted by Not Afraid
    The Indy at Disney Sea is very similar to Dl's version with a few different effects. The whirpool effect is cool but it wasn't that much different overall than the DL version.
    Did you have a preference over which one is better?
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Not really. They are both great attractions, slightly different, but both exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan
        Hmm...I don't know who to believe. TDLFan says Indy is better, but then you say JttCotE is better. I'm getting confused over who is right. Is there any advice for someone who's ridden the Indy at Disneyland? Will I be disappointed by any of the rides at TDL/TDS? Are there any rides that surpass it?
        Why would you care what others think or not? You should give yourself the pleasure of a visit to TDR and get it over with. Trust me, you won't be disappointed in the very least.

Comment

Who is right????? You'd trust that sloth TLDFAN over sweet, knowledgable little ole me???

j/k (You know I love you TDLFAN)

Comment

Originally posted by Not Afraid
            Who is right????? You'd trust that sloth TLDFAN over sweet, knowledgable little ole me???

j/k (You know I love you TDLFAN)
            I know you are J/K darling... I think.
            So, do you want to join me at TDS on Feb 21st and ride Journey and Indy all over again???

Comment

Pick me up at LAX and I'll see if I can fit in your trunk.

(That sounds sooooo nasty!)

Comment

I like Nasty.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage
                    How about this; go to Japan because it is a fabulous trip. Disney Sea and Tokyo Disneyland are fantastic and you won't be disappointed that you went. But there is a lot to see and do in Japan. You'll be even more thrilled with your trip if you take the time to explore outside the Disney resort as well.

-Dusty
                    Should the Journey come to Disney's Animal Kingdom - Ooooomf! Zow! Bam! The ride would be far siperior. For all anyone knows, we might even get a volcano and cool queue.
                    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Will I be disappointed if I visit TDS for Indy or ToT? I'm going around summer, so I'm hoping all rides will be open. What would you say are the rides at TDR? Something like this?

TDS
                      1. Indy
                      2. JttCotE
                      3. Stormrider
                      4. 20,000 Leagues
                      5. Sinbad

TDL
                      1. Splash Mountain
                      2. BTM
                      3. Pooh's Hunny Hunt
                      4. Haunted Mansion
                      5. Pirates of the Caribbean
                      At TDS, I'd rank Raging Spirits right below Stormrider. At TDL, I'd rank Big Thunder Mtn. R.R. after BTM. The train actually travels beneath the river to it's island location.
                      To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior
                        At TDS, I'd rank Raging Spirits right below Stormrider. At TDL, I'd rank Big Thunder Mtn. R.R. after BTM. The train actually travels beneath the river to it's island location.
                        I already put Big Thunder Mountain up there didn't I? Do you agree with everything else?

Comment

If you are going to DisneySea solely for the rides, you might be disappointed. DisneySea is all about "Atmosphere". It is a park in which you slowly stroll through immensely-detailed and beautifully-designed lands. The food is excellent and no two restaurants have the same menu. And the staff is, without question, the best at any Disney park.

As for your list of "must-ride" rides, you left out the boat tour. Take the circle boat tour of the park and you will be treated to amazing views. (Sailing through Mysterious Island is a hoot.)

Bottom Line: Don't rush through this park. Take your time. Enjoy the views.

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior
                            That's incorrect. Only at DLParis, does the Big Thunder Train travels below the river since the mountain is located in the center of the river. That is NOT the case at TDL.

Furthermore...I agree totally with Maui Mike.

Comment

Hmm...I don't know who to believe. TDLFan says Indy is better, but then you say JttCotE is better. I'm getting confused over who is right. Is there any advice for someone who's ridden the Indy at Disneyland? Will I be disappointed by any of the rides at TDL/TDS? Are there any rides that surpass it?
                              You don't have to believe either of us. Sure we've both had our experiences in the parks but you should go have your own, therefore you can have your own opinions.

Comment

I just found out that people think this ride is overrated! Is this true? Don't worry about disappointing me because I have planned a trip, and will not cancel no matter what.

Comment

I don't know, cause I've been to TDL resort twice and it's always been closed. Hoping third time is the charm!

Comment

Originally posted by kayoss
                                    I don't know, cause I've been to TDL resort twice and it's always been closed. Hoping third time is the charm!
                                    It's always close for yearly renovations during the end of May to mid June. Check the ride schedule on the official website.

Comment

Working...
                                    X