Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Journey to the Center of the Earth

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Journey to the Center of the Earth

    Can someone please explain to me if this ride is worth going all the way to Japan for? I've heard it is the best ride at the resort(I don't really like Pooh's Hunny Hunt) and I am a total Disney fanatic so I want to check out why this ride is so good. All I've heard is that it's the best Disney ride ever designed. Does it really live up to this hype? Does it surpass all other classics like Indy, ToT, and Splash Mountain, or will I be disappointed? Thanks for any advice!
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  • #2
    Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth

    Ive seen some pics, and it looks a hell of a lot better than those classics!! So much detail and thrill!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth

      Oh, and welcome to Mice Chat!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth

        Thanks for the welcome! So you think JttCotE is the best ride Disney has ever built? So far, the best ride I've been on is Indy at Disneyland, and if Journey can beat it, I'll be shocked.
        ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth

          I have a friend who has a mom whos an Imagineer and they go to TDL ocasionally, and he says its the best ride ever built in disney soil!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth

            Don't go all the way to Japan just for this ride... on it's own..I would not recommend it. However, give yourself the pleasure to go to Japan to see *ALL OF TDR*. You can always check the ride's video on www.barrybedford.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth

              Originally posted by TDLFAN
              Don't go all the way to Japan just for this ride... on it's own..I would not recommend it. However, give yourself the pleasure to go to Japan to see *ALL OF TDR*. You can always check the ride's video on www.barrybedford.com
              Thanks, but I've seen that video many times and it still doesn't give me a feeling of how good this ride is. Back on topic...how would you rate JttCotE compared to other E-tickets like Indy, ToT, or Splash Mountain? Thank you for your help.
              Last edited by TDR_Fan; 02-22-2006, 05:12 PM.
              ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth

                I think I already answered your question... You'll be disappointed with Journey if you plan a trip around visiting this ride alone.. I feel Indy to be superior to it at TDS.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth

                  Originally posted by TDLFAN
                  I think I already answered your question... You'll be disappointed with Journey if you plan a trip around visiting this ride alone.. I feel Indy to be superior to it at TDS.
                  Will I be disappointed if I visit TDS for Indy or ToT? I'm going around summer, so I'm hoping all rides will be open. What would you say are the rides at TDR? Something like this?


                  TDS
                  1. Indy
                  2. JttCotE
                  3. Stormrider
                  4. 20,000 Leagues
                  5. Sinbad

                  TDL
                  1. Splash Mountain
                  2. BTM
                  3. Pooh's Hunny Hunt
                  4. Haunted Mansion
                  5. Pirates of the Caribbean
                  ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth

                    Agreed. Journey is an OK ride, but it suffers from many flaws and is over before it feels like it even gets started. It has an AMAZING show building and queue, but the ride doesn't quite live up to the build-up. My hope is that the Imagineers may someday put more oomph into this ride, it has lots of potential and an interesting ride system (think Test Track with really funky cars). Don't get me wrong, this is a very good ride, it just doesn't rank up there with Indy or Splash.
                    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

                    Find us on Facebook:

                    .

                    How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,














                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth

                      Originally posted by TDR_Fan
                      Will I be disappointed if I visit TDS for Indy or ToT?
                      How about this; go to Japan because it is a fabulous trip. Disney Sea and Tokyo Disneyland are fantastic and you won't be disappointed that you went. But there is a lot to see and do in Japan. You'll be even more thrilled with your trip if you take the time to explore outside the Disney resort as well.

                      -Dusty
                      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

                      Find us on Facebook:

                      .

                      How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,














                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth

                        Originally posted by Dustysage
                        Agreed. Journey is an OK ride, but it suffers from many flaws and is over before it feels like it even gets started. It has an AMAZING show building and queue, but the ride doesn't quite live up to the build-up. My hope is that the Imagineers may someday put more oomph into this ride, it has lots of potential and an interesting ride system (think Test Track with really funky cars). Don't get me wrong, this is a very good ride, it just doesn't rank up there with Indy or Splash.
                        Thanks for the help. I'll still try to visit for the ToT opening soon and their version of Indy. If anybody can provide a list of the best attractions at each park, that would be helpful so I can see which one has a higher priority.
                        ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth

                          Originally posted by Dustysage
                          How about this; go to Japan because it is a fabulous trip. Disney Sea and Tokyo Disneyland are fantastic and you won't be disappointed that you went. But there is a lot to see and do in Japan. You'll be even more thrilled with your trip if you take the time to explore outside the Disney resort as well.

                          -Dusty
                          Since you've been there before, what did you enjoy most at both parks?
                          ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth

                            On a slightly unrelated note the TDR website says that:
                            Journey to the Center of the Earth
                            schedule of maintenance
                            May 29, 2006 - June 17, 2006
                            My question is what is the likelyhood that it will of reopened between June 10-13? I am very much looking forward to experiencing this ride but was rather bumed when I read that it would not open until after my visit.
                            themeparks.demonbird.com - pictures and reports of Disney and non Disney parks form across North America.
                            Knott's Berry Farm - Spring Flowers - Snoopy's Spring Safari - Sierra Sidewinder

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth

                              Well, when I visited TDL/TDS last year I rode Journey 3 times. I loved it and couldn't get enough. The thrill of riding a Disney attracting that I had never experienced before with all of the surprised, detail and beauty was exhilarating! I'm a fan.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X