Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Which DisneySea Restaurant?

I'm having a tough time deciding which DisneySea Restaurant to make priority seating for. I think I'm going to at least go to Magellan's. I have a couple days at DisneySea and had a second restaurant narrowed down to Risorante di Canaletto or the SS Columbia. Any favorites people have? Is Magellan's and the SS Columbia too similar as far as cuisine?

Also I plan at eating at Restaurant Hokusai in Disneyland so I can actually have Japanese food in Japan, how's this restaurant?
    Mission: Visit every Disney park. ACCOMPLISHED

Tokyo Disneyland & DisneySea: 10/14
    Disneyland Paris & Walt Disney Studios: 11/14
    Disneyland California & California Adventure: 5/01
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 3/15
    Walt Disney World & AK & Epcot & DHS: 11/98
    Shanghani Disneyland: 4/17

Re: Which DisneySea Restaurant?

I've never eaten on the Columbia. I would eat at Magellan's and have a drink in the Teddy Roosevelt Lounge. It's all personal preference, but Magellan's is gorgeous! Of course, you could always just have a drink at Magellan's, too.

Comment

If you have to chose between SS Columbia and Risorante di Canaletto, I would definitely go for the SS Columbia. Service and the menu is imo much better (but still overpriced). I have never been to Magellan's.

A drink in the Teddy Roosevelt Lounge is definitely a must!

Comment

Depending on what you want! Magellan is the most high-end one. S.S is great at steak and seafood and Ristorante is great at pizza and pasta. It is really based on what you really want.

Beside the cuisine, you also experience the theming so choose the one you love.

If you really want for perfect cuisine. I suggest to eat at Oceano or Silk Road at Miracosta and choose seasonal menu.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
        Instagram
        Flickr
        Youtube

Comment

Is the fare at the Columbia similar to Magellans? I'm thinking their both high end steak and seafood places but please correct me if I'm wrong. If that's the case it sounds like Magellans is preferred over Columbia.

And thank you everyone for your suggestions, it is extremely helpful.

Comment

I think Magellans is more expensive for dinner menu. You can check the course price in the Japanese website. But Magellan's is quite hard to get in now unless you book it in advance. They just didnt let me go in on my last trip...

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
            Instagram
            Flickr
            Youtube

Comment

Magellan's is not a restaurant that could survive outside a theme park. Nice interior, glacial service, mediocre food, too costly. A big step down from what you'd get at nicer places in WDW or Disneyland.

Comment

Magellan's and SS Columbia Dining Room are similar in terms of cuisine. Unless you're a big fan of Art Nouveau, I'd definitely go with Ristorante di Cannaletto.

Here are my reviews of all three, if that helps:
                S.S. Columbia Dining Room Review - Disney Tourist Blog
                Ristorante di Cannaletto Review - Disney Tourist Blog
                Magellan's Review - Disney Tourist Blog
                DisneyTouristBlog | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Please Visit My Travel Photography Blog, Covering Southern California and Beyond!

Comment

That helps a lot! Thanks!

Comment

I've seen pictures of the food portion sizes at Magellan's and they seem very small, is it much smaller portions than the other restaurants?

I've been to TDS twice but ate cheap, this time I'd like to have a nice meal

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read WDWFigment's excellent reviews.
                    Last edited by ChrisFL; 08-10-2014, 05:09 AM.
                    My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

Comment

I rarely eat a fancy meal in DisneySea: there are too many excellent restaurants in Ikspiari to eat at for the same money or less and you'll get much better meal. I recommend Imahan (4th floor: Shabu-Shabu and Sukiyaki) and Toraji (3rd floor--I think--Yakiniku, aka Korean BBQ). There are many other choices as well, but those are my favorites.

If you want Italian food and don't want to spring for the expense of Ristorante di Canneletto, then Zampini Brothers will do for pizza and pasta.
                      Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X