Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tokyo Oct Trip Report Including Some Non Disney Sights (You're Warned)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tokyo Oct Trip Report Including Some Non Disney Sights (You're Warned)

Thanks for the excellent trip report! Brought back a lot of memories of my own trip to Tokyo and TDLR in 2007. I believe it's time for a return trip.

Comment

Nice! I'm a huge fan of Japan, and want to go there next years or the one after! DisneySea looks really cool, despite not having any of the "iconic" rides- the unique nature of the place is a big plus!

I actually went to Tokyo Disneyland in 1998, but I have VERY few memories of it, being a "too cool for Disney" teenager at the time, though the Haunted Mansion seemed cool. I don't think I went on many E-Tickets- I wonder if we just didn't have the right kind of passes (they were actually doing paid-tickets at the time that separated the attractions in terms of price).

A couple questions:
      How many issues did you have with the Language Barrier, if any? How furiously crowded was the place most of the time?
      Last edited by Jabroniville; 11-26-2014, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabroniville View Post
        Nice! I'm a huge fan of Japan, and want to go there next years or the one after! DisneySea looks really cool, despite not having any of the "iconic" rides- the unique nature of the place is a big plus!

I actually went to Tokyo Disneyland in 1998, but I have VERY few memories of it, being a "too cool for Disney" teenager at the time, though the Haunted Mansion seemed cool. I don't think I went on many E-Tickets- I wonder if we just didn't have the right kind of passes (they were actually doing paid-tickets at the time that separated the attractions in terms of price).

A couple questions:
        How many issues did you have with the Language Barrier, if any? How furiously crowded was the place most of the time?
        We had nearly no issues with the language barrier. Most folks spoke or understood limited English, those that didn't charades and pointing worked really well. Checking into the hotel we had CMs that spoke English really well so there were no issue there either. Seemed like the CMs working the shops spoke the least English but when you're buying things money is the only language needed there.

The park was very manageable when we went. We were there during their 'off season' which felt like a moderately crowded day at Disneyland. Waits were around 60 minutes or under for most rides, the only big line was Toy Story Mania which would hover around 200 minutes. We never saw the horrendous crowds that they're famous for. I'd HIGHLY recommend late September early October, the weather was beautiful and the crowds were light.
        Mission: Visit every Disney park. ACCOMPLISHED

Tokyo Disneyland & DisneySea: 10/14
        Disneyland Paris & Walt Disney Studios: 11/14
        Disneyland California & California Adventure: 5/01
        Hong Kong Disneyland: 3/15
        Walt Disney World & AK & Epcot & DHS: 11/98
        Shanghani Disneyland: 4/17

Comment

I always do early October for that reason.
          Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by CoasterNut View Post
            We had nearly no issues with the language barrier. Most folks spoke or understood limited English, those that didn't charades and pointing worked really well. Checking into the hotel we had CMs that spoke English really well so there were no issue there either. Seemed like the CMs working the shops spoke the least English but when you're buying things money is the only language needed there.

The park was very manageable when we went. We were there during their 'off season' which felt like a moderately crowded day at Disneyland. Waits were around 60 minutes or under for most rides, the only big line was Toy Story Mania which would hover around 200 minutes. We never saw the horrendous crowds that they're famous for. I'd HIGHLY recommend late September early October, the weather was beautiful and the crowds were light.
            Cool- thanks! So the park gets famously-crowded during the "regular" season, though? Do they have something that compares to FastPass for that, or do you just do the classic Japanese thing and queue up?

Also, how many days would you recommend for each park, if you wanted to do everything? It looks like you only spent one day in each- was that enough?
            Last edited by Jabroniville; 12-09-2014, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabroniville View Post
              Cool- thanks! So the park gets famously-crowded during the "regular" season, though? Do they have something that compares to FastPass for that, or do you just do the classic Japanese thing and queue up?

Also, how many days would you recommend for each park, if you wanted to do everything? It looks like you only spent one day in each- was that enough?
              Oh boy does it get crowded during Golden Week and the summer. That 200 minute Toy Story Mania wait was short compared to those crowds! They do have Fastpasses but they go very quickly especially in the busy months.

I'd say 3 days is perfect. You could do a park a day and get everything you want to do in during the slower months, but you'll want to relax and really soak in the sights especially at Disney Sea. I'd say 3 full days is perfect.
              Mission: Visit every Disney park. ACCOMPLISHED

Tokyo Disneyland & DisneySea: 10/14
              Disneyland Paris & Walt Disney Studios: 11/14
              Disneyland California & California Adventure: 5/01
              Hong Kong Disneyland: 3/15
              Walt Disney World & AK & Epcot & DHS: 11/98
              Shanghani Disneyland: 4/17

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X