This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TDR's future!

What if the new DisneySea port has got nothing to do with frozen but instead its a Carsland? after all they are removing the Grand circuit raceway, if they scrap that then they'll have to come up with a replacement somewhere?

Perhaps they've seen what a big success Carsland is currently in DCA and will open an even grander one in Disneyseas with an upgraded Radiator Springs Racers?

Would a Carsland be more preferable over Arendelle?

Thematically I think Carsland will fit very well in Disneyseas.

Comment

Originally posted by theconjurer View Post
      What if the new DisneySea port has got nothing to do with frozen but instead its a Carsland? after all they are removing the Grand circuit raceway, if they scrap that then they'll have to come up with a replacement somewhere?

Perhaps they've seen what a big success Carsland is currently in DCA and will open an even grander one in Disneyseas with an upgraded Radiator Springs Racers?

No, since Cars Land is nit anywhere near the sea and Arendelle is a port, even in the movie. So a Cars Land in DisneySEA doesn't make any scence and Frozen does.

Comment

Radiator Springs has absolutely nothing to do with water or a port. Arendale obviously does.

I hope that if it is Arendale in TDS, they design something incredible for the park.

TDR doesn't need another cloned attraction-
        Cars Land is great in California Adventure & should be unique there.

I'm at the TDR resort right now- I was walking around TDL trying to visualize where things will be.

For those who haven't been to TDR, Tomorrowland is huge & somewhat dated, by expanding Fantasyland, I think it will be an improvement.

I still don't understand the mysterious village- the concept art makes it look larger than it is- the Tomorrowland Terrace isn't large enough as compared to the concept art. I assume it could be a meet & greet or a redress of a restaurant.

All I know that once construction begins, it's going to be a nightmare for a few years- I already saw just how uninvting TDS is currently with all the construction going on there.

Comment

Originally posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
          Radiator Springs has absolutely nothing to do with water or a port. Arendale obviously does.

I hope that if it is Arendale in TDS, they design something incredible for the park.

TDR doesn't need another cloned attraction-
          Cars Land is great in California Adventure & should be unique there.

All I know is that they've been trying to Get "cars Land" for a while and it wouldn't suprise me if the "new" TDS port turns out to be it, they've also scrapped Grand Circuit Racing which kind of set of alarm bells.

Arendelle would be great and would be an unique attraction exclusive to DisneySea but if OLC want to go the quick and easy route then it could be"cars land" since there have been plans in the pipeline since 2012. I did some research and apparently there was a suggestion to scrap "western Land" iN TDL for Cars Land but it was rejected at the time.

So who knows.

Comment

Ah yes, Frozen was the number one movie in Japan for 16 weeks straight.

I also respectively disagree, Arendelle thematically fits 1 million times better in DisneySea than Route 66, there is nothing "Port-like" or coastal about Radiator Springs.

I'm not sure why there is this constant request for originality and yet Disney fans just want everything to be cloned (Cars Land, Mystic Manor).

Comment

Originally posted by BrianLo View Post
              Ah yes, Frozen was the number one movie in Japan for 16 weeks straight.

I also respectively disagree, Arendelle thematically fits 1 million times better in DisneySea than Route 66, there is nothing "Port-like" or coastal about Radiator Springs.

I'm not sure why there is this constant request for originality and yet Disney fans just want everything to be cloned (Cars Land, Mystic Manor).
              I'm just opening it for discussion as a possibility, I wouldn't mind it either way, they could fit it in by making it a Grand Canyon esque falls/river land. it'll blend with lost river deta as well.

Comment

I think Cars Land has as close to zero percent probibility as possible. Hardly worth a discussion. Jmo

Comment

There had been rumors in the past about putting a RSR in Tokyo's Frontierland but I hope that never comes to fruition. Perhaps something Cars-themed may come to Tomorrowland someday but my money's more on Star Wars.

Comment

I would welcome anything unique and different. I hope TDR comes up with totally fresh and new attractions.

I don't want to travel around the world to see the same attractions as in WDW and DL.

I'm waiting for Shanghai as well to see what unique attractions they would offer.

I am hoping for a visually appealing attraction based on The Snow Queen in Japan. I don't really care which park it goes in, as long as they do a good job. TDS is most likely going to get it and I hope they make the port look as good as it does in the film.

I'm all open to the idea of any new port in TDS, so this may be it since there isn't too much space left, other thn the parking lot that they never seem to want to get rid of.

I read all about the Radiator Springs rumor, but I don't think the OLC ever really wanted it. I don't think by removing Grand Circuit means replacing it with a similar attraction either. I am surprised that Star Wars wasn't included in some small way in the expansion plans.

Unfortunately, it's not up to us to decide.

Comment

Ok, how on Earth does Cars fit into DisneySea. That is putting CARS and SEA together, not very comparable. Arendelle, on the other hand, makes sense because it is located on the water and has ice/snow. Also, this would mean that Frozen does not replace any current rides, but simply is added to the parks, unlike at WDW where Frozen comes at the cost of Maelstrom.

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer45 View Post
                        Ok, how on Earth does Cars fit into DisneySea. That is putting CARS and SEA together, not very comparable. Arendelle, on the other hand, makes sense because it is located on the water and has ice/snow. Also, this would mean that Frozen does not replace any current rides, but simply is added to the parks, unlike at WDW where Frozen comes at the cost of Maelstrom.
                        Imagineer45... I'd appreciate it if you would use your own picture for your profile. I've been using mine for many years. I purposely mirror images it to distinguish it from other Steamboat Willie avatars.

UPDATE: My avatar is missing from all my posts. Maybe it's a system problem that my avatar is appearing in Imagineer45 posts.

UPDATE 2: Looks like avatars are back to normal. Strange. Glad I have mine back and Imagineer45 didn't do anything to take it! I guess it was just "on loan" for a while! Lol!
                        Last edited by Roger55; 11-09-2014, 07:34 PM.

Comment

I'm just opening it for discussion as a possibility, I wouldn't mind it either way, they could fit it in by making it a Grand Canyon esque falls/river land. it'll blend with lost river deta as well.
                          Uh! I hope I will never see one of those Cars in DisneySEA. It is DisneySEA not seas!

Comment

Cars actually could work if they used the Tokyo or Porto Cosa ports from Cars 2 as the theme of the land
                            Met Anna and Elsa over 1100 times and not afraid to admit it. Just let it go

My YouTube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThomasTheImagineer

Comment

Originally posted by Right Ear View Post
                              Cars actually could work if they used the Tokyo or Porto Cosa ports from Cars 2 as the theme of the land
                              No, since the hometown from the Cars characters is Radiator Springs. Why would Mater have a Junkyard Jamboree in Tokyo or Porto Corsa?

Comment

I love Radiator Springs just where it is in Disney California Adventure. Unfortunately there is no real fit in TDR-unless they go back to the original rumour that it was going to replace Tom Sawyer Island- but they didn't do it and doubt they ever will.

Like I mentioned eaelier, they need to design a new, original attraction. We don't need cloned attractions any more.

I don't fully agree with some of the new plans but it isn't up to any of us to decide.

I'm hoping that the new Beast castle is an attraction and not another restaurant like WDW- if it is, you better start lining up now.

I guess we can continue to speculate until more specific details are announced.

Comment

I love Radiator Springs just where it is in Disney California Adventure. Unfortunately there is no real fit in TDR-unless they go back to the original rumour that it was going to replace Tom Sawyer Island- but they didn't do it and doubt they ever will.

Like I mentioned eaelier, they need to design a new, original attraction. We don't need cloned attractions any more.

I don't fully agree with some of the new plans but it isn't up to any of us to decide.

I'm hoping that the new Beast castle is an attraction and not another restaurant like WDW- if it is, you better start lining up now.

I guess we can continue to speculate until more specific details are announced.
                                  Agreed to the bolded underlines...I don't want to see Carsland in Tokyo. It need to be exclusive to DCA. DCA desperately need something completely exclusive to the park and to Disneyland Resort California. DCA has too much clone attractions, and very little unique attractions.

I also feel TDR need more exclusive unique attractions to their area to keep their land exciting to visit.

Comment

Should be not! Tokyo Disneyland wont make any table service restaurant outside World Bazaar. (Blue Bayou is still a part of World Bazaar)

Unless they decide to make it a counter service restaurant. (But no way they will do that)

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
                                    Instagram
                                    Flickr
                                    Youtube

Comment

Seriously, what's with all of the gnashing of teeth over clones all of the time? They save money, they're usually superior rides to begin with and let's be honest- less than 1% of visitors will ever visit another international park that has a cloned version of a US ride. I'm so glad rides like the Haunted Mansion, Thunder Mountain, Small World and Pirates were cloned by "lazy WDI and penny pinching accountants" instead of new attractions. I'm glad that everyone around the world has those top notch attractions to enjoy. Here's hoping for more (good) clones. I want Mystic Manor, I want half of TDS's attraction lineup! Please rip out MILF for DCA or TDL's monsters! I like Seven Dwarfs (cloned from SDL). More clones, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
                                        Should be not! Tokyo Disneyland wont make any table service restaurant outside World Bazaar. (Blue Bayou is still a part of World Bazaar)
                                        Blue Bayou is part of Adventureland.

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/t....html#title_17

Comment

• Re: TDR's future!

Originally posted by rushtest4echo View Post
                                          Seriously, what's with all of the gnashing of teeth over clones all of the time? They save money, they're usually superior rides to begin with and let's be honest- less than 1% of visitors will ever visit another international park that has a cloned version of a US ride. I'm so glad rides like the Haunted Mansion, Thunder Mountain, Small World and Pirates were cloned by "lazy WDI and penny pinching accountants" instead of new attractions. I'm glad that everyone around the world has those top notch attractions to enjoy. Here's hoping for more (good) clones. I want Mystic Manor, I want half of TDS's attraction lineup! Please rip out MILF for DCA or TDL's monsters! I like Seven Dwarfs (cloned from SDL). More clones, please.
                                          Especially when they clone the big E attractions. No problem whatsoever Every park has a Space Mountain, ISAW, Main Street and similar lands. Or even variations of the classic attractions work...
                                          I do agree that Radiator Springs Doesn't Seem to be a right fit for Disney Sea. However if the OLC builds it, it will exceed the themeing of the Cloned DCA counterpart.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X